cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Racial profiling AI

Racial profiling AI

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/t...profiling.html

Now, documents and interviews show that the authorities are also using a vast, secret system of advanced facial recognition technology to track and control the Uighurs, a largely Muslim minority. It is the first known example of a government intentionally using artificial intelligence for racial profiling, experts said.

The facial recognition technology, which is integrated into China’s rapidly expanding networks of surveillance cameras, looks exclusively for Uighurs based on their appearance and keeps records of their comings and goings for search and review. The practice makes China a pioneer in applying next-generation technology to watch its people, potentially ushering in a new era of automated racism.

The technology and its use to keep tabs on China’s 11 million Uighurs were described by five people with direct knowledge of the systems, who requested anonymity because they feared retribution. The New York Times also reviewed databases used by the police, government procurement documents and advertising materials distributed by the A.I. companies that make the systems.
    Putting aside how the world's mostly obviously fascist state is indulging its fascism in full view with barely a whisper of complaint from so called "defenders of Muslims", I cannot think of a single entity on the planet now or ever that I would trust with technology like this. This is bad, bad, bad news.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

First of all, what the ****
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yeah I saw this earlier. Frightening.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    The A.I. companies have taken money from major investors. Fidelity International and Qualcomm Ventures were a part of a consortium that invested $620 million in SenseTime. Sequoia invested in Yitu. Megvii is backed by Sinovation Ventures, the fund of the well-known Chinese tech investor Kai-Fu Lee.
    Very curious who. Over/under on that Peter Thiel guy being in on this?

A Sinovation spokeswoman said the fund had recently sold a part of its stake in Megvii and relinquished its seat on the board. Fidelity declined to comment. Sequoia and Qualcomm did not respond to emailed requests for comment.

Mr. Lee, a booster of Chinese A.I., has argued that China has an advantage in developing A.I. because its leaders are less fussed by “legal intricacies” or “moral consensus.”
    **** you, you absolute scumbag.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

If you’ve got nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Automated algorithmic profiling/machine learning that reinforces/extends racial/cultural biases has been a thing for at least ten years. It's another thing that people in the know have been warning about for years, but for some reason only now people are beginning to realise "oh wait...this is pretty bad news".

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    sledger I’d wait till your trip to China was done before posting in this thread

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Yes probably wise.

Both an insane and a completely predictable outcome of a state having such comprehensive power over its people.

Any western corporation who helped them in this (glances suspiciously at Google) deserves the condemnation usually reserved for a mildly inappropriate Twitter post.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Both an insane and a completely predictable outcome of a state having such comprehensive power over its people.

Any western corporation who helped them in this (glances suspiciously at Google) deserves the condemnation usually reserved for a mildly inappropriate Twitter post.
    I don't think this is even a state vs. corporations thing. Literally no one should have this technology unencumbered, at least not until an awful lot of thinking and hashing out has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/t...profiling.html

Putting aside how the world's mostly obviously fascist state is indulging its fascism in full view with barely a whisper of complaint from so called "defenders of Muslims", I cannot think of a single entity on the planet now or ever that I would trust with technology like this. This is bad, bad, bad news.
    China is a defender of Muslims. Look at how they go out on one limb to defend likes of Masud Azhar.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    China is a defender of Muslims. Look at how they go out on one limb to defend likes of Masud Azhar.
    I’m sure that will be of great comfort to a million plus locked up in concentration camps.

But you already knew that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information