Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Who is the worst late night reasonable man

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I liked him in Gavin & Stacey
    I'm led to believe that's a good show but haven't watched it. It's other stuff like A League of their Own (a sports quiz show with people like Flintoff on the panels) which causes him to irritate me.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

like john oliver, bill maher, stephen colbert, samantha bee...don't particularly like jimmy fallon, james corden and conan o'brien...neutral on jimmy kimmel, trevor noah and seth meyers...
    Last edited by Anil; 19-03-2019 at 06:27 PM.

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    Can we just go with 'all of them'?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Good thread.

Most of these hosts have become cringeworthy, predictable and utterly one-dimensional in the last couple of years.

Letís be honest, Trump does provide good cannon fodder for comedians, but when it becomes 95% of all their material, itís gets tiring fast.

Agree with most that Colbert is the worst of them. Apparently his ratings were tanking before Trump came along in 2015.

Jimmy Kimmelís incidents of crying and his constant virtue signalling has made his show more about politics than a general talk show.

Noah is similar to Kimmel but not quite as bad. But he like Oliver project too much smugness.

Seth Myers meanwhile just isnít funny at all.

Whereas Fallon, even though Iím not a fan at least tries to deviate from the boring old bipartisan political beatup all the time.

I read Jay Leno recently made a point about the predictable one-dimensional nature of the late show hosts today.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Good thread.

Most of these hosts have become cringeworthy, predictable and utterly one-dimensional in the last couple of years.

Let’s be honest, Trump does provide good cannon fodder for comedians, but when it becomes 95% of all their material, it’s gets tiring fast.

Agree with most that Colbert is the worst of them. Apparently his ratings were tanking before Trump came along in 2015.
    Yeah they were trying to have Colbert host the late show without much political comedy. The massive boost to his ratings when they switched to it definitely shows he appeals to an audience. The weird thing is that his average viewership is like 66+ in age. You'd think that he'd annoy old people more than anyone.

I read Jay Leno recently made a point about the predictable one-dimensional nature of the late show hosts today.
    Jay Leno easily the worst mentioned so far, pretty much responsible for all the really grating ticks of talk show hosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

i did somewhat like david letterman when he was around, i think he was making a comeback on netflix or something IIRC
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    i did somewhat like david letterman when he was around, i think he was making a comeback on netflix or something IIRC
    I enjoyed Letterman when I was younger, but Paul Schafer (?) was the absolute worst

I did like Ferguson while he was still around. Probably helped his reputation by retiring.

Yeah they were trying to have Colbert host the late show without much political comedy. The massive boost to his ratings when they switched to it definitely shows he appeals to an audience. The weird thing is that his average viewership is like 66+ in age. You'd think that he'd annoy old people more than anyone.
    Boomer progressives in my experience love that stuff, and they're all-in on the Trump obsession too.
    Last edited by Spark; 19-03-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une rťvolution sans rťvolution?

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    I don't know how terrible Trevor Noah is as a blathershow host, but the times I've seen him attempt comedy it's been painfully unfunny.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Yeah Noah isnít funny at all. An extremely poor mansí Jon Stewart.

Mind you, since her name was mentioned earlier Samantha Bee is the absolute pits if weíre talking about actually being funny.

There are some really funny American female comedians going around the traps atm, but she is def NOT one of them.
    Last edited by Zinzan; 19-03-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Good thread.

Let’s be honest, Trump does provide good cannon fodder for comedians, but when it becomes 95% of all their material, it’s gets tiring fast.

Jimmy Kimmel’s incidents of crying and his constant virtue signalling has made his show more about politics than a general talk show.

Noah is similar to Kimmel but not quite as bad. But he like Oliver project too much smugness.

Seth Myers meanwhile just isn’t funny at all.

Whereas Fallon, even though I’m not a fan at least tries to deviate from the boring old bipartisan political beatup all the time.

You said it better than I ever could. It's as if all of them have suddenly become so lazy. They're content in taking the low hanging fruit. Hurt Durr Orange Man Bad. I mean, I don't disagree but at least put some effort into it. They don't seem to have a single original thought. It's the same thing day in and day out. And you can just see through their bullshit too.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Bring back Craig Ferguson and prop Johnny Carson's corpse up instead of his robot and you'll save late night tv.

It just seems so bitter and depressing mixed in with unhealthy levels of celebrity fetishisation that seems to grow in odiousness by the year. I feel less depressed watching Joe Rogan smoke weed with his guests on a 5 hour stretch.
    Last edited by Gnske; 20-03-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Conan occasionally has cute animals on his show, so he's the best by a distance. The rest are all garbage.

Noah gets my vote as worst. Just the ultimate fusion of unfunny, unentertaining and self righteous.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

They should have given Letterman's show to the great Norm Macdonald instead of Colbert.

Doesn't matter really. Norm killed it with his independent show.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    I don't know how terrible Trevor Noah is as a blathershow host, but the times I've seen him attempt comedy it's been painfully unfunny.
    Yeah Noah isn’t funny at all. An extremely poor mans’ Jon Stewart.

Mind you, since her name was mentioned earlier Samantha Bee is the absolute pits if we’re talking about actually being funny.

There are some really funny American female comedians going around the traps atm, but she is def NOT one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Conan occasionally has cute animals on his show, so he's the best by a distance. The rest are all garbage.

Noah gets my vote as worst. Just the ultimate fusion of unfunny, unentertaining and self righteous.
    Trevor Noah's show annoys me so much because he's actually a phenomenal comedian.

Back in South Africa he was universally loved for his stand-up - no other South African was worthy of tying his shoelaces in terms of popularity, and his comedy was enjoyed across virtually every possible demographic.

Since he moved overseas, however, he has transformed into an unfunny, scripted, politically-biased chump - which is the complete opposite of his original style.

In the past his entire shtick was that he ripped into anybody and everybody within the South African community. He was able to do this because he had one white and one black parent, meaning that he had a proverbial egg in both baskets.

His comedy simply doesn't translate to America - particularly given the current, polarising political climate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information