Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Value Added to Society by Idle Shareholders and Landlords

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Lots of trap doors.
    please elaborate
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    In the long-term, salary will be replaced by dividends. How much dividend you earn (and consequently how much of the Company you own) will be decided in a way not too dissimilar to how salaries are decided now. Remember it will be a 360 degree process because every active contributor to the Company democratically elect the Management/CEO. There's no buying and selling. Ownership will be dynamic. Maybe last year you contributed less so you owned 0.013% and this year your performance has improved and responsibilities have increased so the system gives you 0.017% of the Company dividends.

As ownership is dynamic, concepts of buying and selling part or whole of the Business simply doesn't need to exist, public or private - the CEO can't suddenly say I am leaving the Company so I am selling the stocks to Mr. Chodu Adani and he will be the new CEO. No. When the CEO decides to leave the Company he simply ****s off. He earnt when he contributed. Now he ceases to contribute so he ceases to earn, people elect a new CEO - simple af. When you leave the Company, you stop getting dividends (and stop owning any part of the Business).
    1) This is taking incentives-disincentives to a whole other level with a whole host of associated politics coming in. Co-operate and you can have a larger pie. Not co-operate and you can a larger slice of a smaller pie.

2) If the owner/founder himself does not have any hope of having exposure to the high equity side upside, nothing will ever be founded.

Remember Management positions are decided directly or indirectly by votes. So, the situation you are describing is similar to a situation of having a Minister who just paid a lot of money to the ruling party but who doesn't work. Sure, that happens in society. But they actually have to try giving a fake impression of working in order to get votes. People can elect a better alternative when available - not different from a democracy.
    Heh. No work would get done at this place.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Remember Management positions are decided directly or indirectly by votes. So, the situation you are describing is similar to a situation of having a Minister who just paid a lot of money to the ruling party but who doesn't work. Sure, that happens in society. But they actually have to try giving a fake impression of working in order to get votes. People can elect a better alternative when available - not different from a democracy.
    Sorry if I didn’t see this earlier but I suppose a key question is - How are votes distributed/weighted?

Assuming someone has >50% of the votes, they could go ahead and secure the loan/employ the idle creditor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Sorry if I didn’t see this earlier but I suppose a key question is - How are votes distributed/weighted?
    by ownership (and therefore also directly proportional to earning) - so it is a circular process - don't think anyone will have >50% votes except in a tiny tiny 3-5 member organization - don't think even CEOs will own much more than 5% in a large global Company

Example:
    1. On 31-Dec-2018 everybody decides what %age of 2019 profits (not of 2018 profits - that decision was made 1 year back) to distribute as dividend and what %age to reinvest - by voting as per their 2018 ownership,
    2. On 31-Dec-2018 everybody elects the CEOs with proportional votes (proportional to their 2018 ownership) and also decides what %age the CEO will own in 2019 (and therefore earn the same %age of distributable profits in 2019), subject to the constraint that his ownership can't be less than any other individual,
    2. CEO then divides the remaining ownership among different teams. He decides the 2019 %age ownership of different team managers and overall 2019 %age ownerships for diff. teams subject to constraints a) no manager can own as much as CEO, b) no team member can own as much as manager.
    3. Individual managers then distribute the team 2019 %age ownership among team members (and/or sub-teams as applicable) subject to the constraint that none of the team members can own as much as the manager,
    4. And so on for sub-teams...
    5. On 31-Dec-2019, everybody again votes as per their 2019 ownership to decide course of action for 2020.

This will be the broad process. Obviously there will have to be additional check-and-balances in the system. [For example, now even when a manager decides an employee's salary, other people e.g. peers of manager, manager of manager and HR gets involved in the process in some capacity. Similar check-and-balances will remain in the new system to ensure none of the small sub-teams start functioning like a complete autocracy.]

Wrote this post in a hurry from office - so probably not elaborated adequately. Can do a better job when I have time.
    Last edited by weldone; 15-03-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Suicide Bob Champion!
    So if I start my own company, I’ll be subject to losing it every year?

Suicide Bob Champion!
    How does corporate shareholding fit into this? If I want to incorporate a subsi or JV, where does the voting power lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    So if I start my own company, I’ll be subject to losing it every year?
    yes

TNT
    please elaborate
    51% of employees becomes the controlling power.

Some years businesses run at a loss.

Nepotism is going to run wild.

You are going to have people completely unaware of how a business operates voting.

Power struggles will flare up all over the company, owners dont like taking instruction from others.
    If you nick it walk

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Restaurants are pretty high risk. I don't know how they compare to the tech companies this thread focuses on, but having worked for numerous restaurants when I was young there is a very fine line between success and failure. You have so much competition.
    Paper thin profit margins as well.

Cricket Champion!
    This thread is either one long troll or this:

Burgey likes this.
    ★★★★★

Prudent people raising similar concerns:

https://www.ndtv.com/business/opinio...-rajan-2031424

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Eat the rich, take their houses
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

https://www.ft.com/content/dc17d7ee-...8-ca4456540ea6

"A Labour government would confiscate about 300bn of shares in 7,000 large companies and hand them to workers in one of the biggest state raids on the private sector to take place in a western democracy, according to analysis by the Financial Times and Clifford Chance.

The UK’s 2.6m landlords would also face a moment of reckoning if Labour won the next general election after shadow chancellor John McDonnell said he wanted a “right to buy” scheme for private tenants as well as higher taxes on landlords."

Looks like Corbyn read my thread, lol.
    Last edited by weldone; 02-09-2019 at 08:27 AM.

International Vice-Captain
    Needs more guillotines

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Needs more guillotines
    Lol no

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread Information