cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: India-Pakistan air conflict

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Apparently two Indian Air force jets were shot down over Pakistan airspace too. This could get a bit ugly now.
    The only confirmed crash that's taken place is of an MI-17 helicopter in J&K. There are unconfirmed reports of an F-16 shot down within Pakistan. The other images being shared around (currently) are of MiG crash photos from the past.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    GOAT movie
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Does this need a new thread yet? It certainly seems to be gradually escalating...
    would think so, yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

From a forwarded message so not sure if entirely true but contains the statement captured by ANI, so it is probably reliable:

Here is formal press statement by Pakistan foreign ministry: Spokesperson Office
    Pakistan strikes back Today, Pakistan Air Force undertook strikes across Line of Control from within Pakistani airspace. This was not a retaliation to continued Indian belligerence. Pakistan has therefore, taken strikes at non military target, avoiding human loss and collateral damage. Sole purpose being to demonstrate our right, will and capability for self defence. We have no intention of escalation, but are fully prepared to do so if forced into that paradigm. That is why we undertook the action with clear warning and in broad daylight. For the last few years, India has been trying to establish what they call “a new normal” a thinly veiled term for doing acts of aggression at whatever pretext they wish on a given day. If India is striking at so called terrorist backers without a shred of evidence, we also retain reciprocal rights to retaliate against elements that enjoy Indian patronage while carrying out acts of terror in Pakistan. We do not wish to go to that route and wish that India gives peace a chance and to resolve issues like a mature democratic nation. Islamabad 27 February 2019
    If Pakistan just wanted to show they can also enter Indian airspace, fine, I would be happy for them to land here, have a few drinks and leave. Unlike India's purported target of JeM camps, Pakistan doesn't possibly have anything to target. Hoping for quick de-escalation.

I am all for repeat of "non-military" strikes at terror camps though because really, how long can we just keep having people killed by random suicide bombing.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Thats probably a very Indocentric POV tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Thats probably a very Indocentric POV tbf.
    It of course is. But I am happy to learn something that I don't know about due to my Indocentricism. Like names of organized terror groups operating out of India that plan suicide bombings in Pakistan?
    Last edited by ankitj; 27-02-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Im aware of the existence of the groups in Pakistan. All Im saying is Im sure Pakistan feels as though there are some worthy targets on the Indian side of the line.

Youd think Imran would sort these ****s out ffs. Hes dropped out of my top ten cricketers of all time list as a result of his inadequacies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I’m aware of the existence of the groups in Pakistan. All I’m saying is I’m sure Pakistan feels as though there are some worthy targets on the Indian side of the line.

You’d think Imran would sort these ****s out ffs. He’s dropped out of my top ten cricketers of all time list as a result of his inadequacies here.
    Problem comes with the definition of worthy. The Pakistan armed forces' definition of worthy, sure. Regular definition of worthy - no.

Well, Imran had to get the blessings of the ****s to get elected. So, no, one wouldn't think that at all.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Problem comes with the definition of worthy. The Pakistan armed forces' definition of worthy, sure. Regular definition of worthy - no.

Well, Imran had to get the blessings of the ****s to get elected. So, no, one wouldn't think that at all.
    Are there other definitions which actually matter when it comes to what the Pakistani military will do?
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Are there other definitions which actually matter when it comes to what the Pakistani military will do?
    No, but the conversation was about if the view that there are no worthy equivalents in India is a uniquely Indocentric view or just a regular non-Pakistan-Military view.
    shankar likes this.

Statement from India's foreign ministry spokesman:

India had informed about Counter Terrorism action it took yesterday against a training camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in Pakistan based on credible evidence that JeM intended to launch more attacks. Against this Counter Terrorism Action, Pakistan has responded this morning by using its Air Force to target military installations on the Indian side. Due to our high state of readiness and alertness, Pakistan’s attempts were foiled successfully.

The Pakistan Air Force was detected and the Indian Air Force responded instantly. In that aerial engagement, one Pakistan Air Force fighter aircraft was shot down by a MiG 21 Bison of the Indian Air Force. The Pakistani aircraft was seen by ground forces falling from the sky on the Pakistan side. In this engagement, we have unfortunately lost one MiG 21. The pilot is missing in action. Pakistan has claimed that he is in their custody. We are ascertaining the facts.

i didn't know MiG21s were still a thing

Pakistani airspace is confirmed closed

Also Pakistan reminds everyone that they have nukes, which any non-lobotomised person already knows
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Missed opportunity to name the thread *Official* India tour of Pakistan 2019 tbh

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    make it yourself, and include the ****ing squads this time
    harsh.ag and Magrat Garlick like this.
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information