Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: CA sacks female employee for tweets about abortion

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar

CA sacks female employee for tweets about abortion

WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Shake My head dot come dot au

Everytime.
    Ausage, hendrix, Bijed and 4 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

For those CWers who don't follow Australian politics, an interesting sidelight to the story is there's currently a big debate here about a national health records data base and the security thereof. It's an opt out system, so the default setting is the govt gets your data.

One of the more disturbing suggestions surrounding the data base is that certain classes of people can access it without a warrant. The suggestion in the article is the Tasmanian govt accessed the woman's health records and published the fact she's had a termination. If that's the case it's as appalling as it is unsurprising. The federal govt did a similar thing with one of its critics' social security data last year.
    zorax, hendrix, Bolo and 2 others like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Pretty poor that someone's social media presence can lead to them losing their job. Although tbf her role was government relations, I can see why it wouldn't be tenable to have an employee for that post who is actively campaigning against the sitting government.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

If the health records were shared without consent, as she claims that is awful. Her being fired, whilst possibly having to do with that does sound like there is a legitimate reason behind it. As only shown in the letter (not within the rest. of the article somehow) her title is public policy and government relations manager. Those tweets are very unhelpful towards her job.
    ATG Test XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. S.R Tendulkar 5. W.R Hammond 6. G.S Sobers 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. M.J Procter 9. M.D Marshall 10. S.K Warne 11. G.D McGrath

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    For those CWers who don't follow Australian politics, an interesting sidelight to the story is there's currently a big debate here about a national health records data base and the security thereof. It's an opt out system, so the default setting is the govt gets your data.

One of the more disturbing suggestions surrounding the data base is that certain classes of people can access it without a warrant. The suggestion in the article is the Tasmanian govt accessed the woman's health records and published the fact she's had a termination. If that's the case it's as appalling as it is unsurprising. The federal govt did a similar thing with one of its critics' social security data last year.
    Like zorax, I can see the argument wrt her position being untenable (though not sure that tweets should have led to her being fired - there should definitely be a personal/professional distinction etc.), but holy **** the bolded is terrifying.
    zorax likes this.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Like zorax, I can see the argument wrt her position being untenable (though not sure that tweets should have led to her being fired - there should definitely be a personal/professional distinction etc.), but holy **** the bolded is terrifying.
    Pretty it's a crime to even access such records without permission, let alone share them. Been to a few education sessions on this "My Health Record" thing and we get told expressly that any unauthorised access (as in if it isn't a patient currently under your care) will prompt investigation. The patient gets notifications every time someone accesses their data as well, so if someone goes digging in your records then you would know about it.

Not sure if this affects "hackers" though (whatever that word means). I guess they could get around the system, but presumably they could have done that to any classical medical records anyway
    Migara likes this.

The records available for the non treating medical / state personnel is in the basis of anonymous records. This is the case at least in UK under NHS, where the health decisions need to be take. Even in Sri Lanka, the registries are available to selected groups, which will summarize data. However the full access lies with the primary physicians who are treating the patient. It's appalling if Aussie system has failed to stick to the standards.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

The Australian system isn't fully up and running yet. The concerns re privacy seem to be that your records can be accessed by government agencies and police without consent. The health minister has been saying that isn't the case, however, there are numerous people saying it is. There was apparently an independent report into this aspect of the system which said the privacy concerns were legitimate, however, the report was apparently removed from the parliamentary library.

If what's alleged to have taken place here is true, then it's pretty much in keeping with what's happened with other personal info in the past - namely, it's been leaked by a govt (invariably Tory, and ironically often #freedom warriors in those govts) to cause harm to their political opponents. The Duncan Storrer case is another example.

Gonna move this thread to News/Politics but leave a redirect here in CC.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Really put her career on the coat hanger there.

Why even have opinions in 2018 at this point?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    she would have been given a seat on the board had she tried to bust a union
    harsh.ag likes this.
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Govt bullying protester shocker
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

How about the government staffer using an anonymous account to rat on government critics to their employers? What a scummy individual.
    harsh.ag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    How about the government staffer using an anonymous account to rat on government critics to their employers? What a scummy individual.
    Haha the pure definition of a soul sucking job meeting a scum covered monster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information