cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: ‘Sophia’ - the World’s First Robot to be Granted Citizenship Status

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    It's going to be like the Geth from Mass Effect imo. A networked intelligence which doesn't believe in individuality. At the end of the day humans will be debating whether or not AIs have true consciousness, while the Geth AI won't really give a **** and will just want to be left alone.
    vcs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

International Vice-Captain vogue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    We have enough problems giving 'human' rights to other people.... can't see the robots being allowed for long, but at least there will be another group for people to be upset about!

Ironic it is Saudi Arabia.
    Ironic too it’s female..
    Time heals griefs and quarrels, for we change and are no longer the same persons. Neither the offender nor the offended are any more themselves. Blaise Pascal

We demand closure as though our lives were put together as neatly as novels, but the fact of the matter is they’re not. In real life, relationships are messy and poorly written, ending too early or too late, and sometimes in the middle of a sentence. B Taplin

If it were not for hopes, the heart would break. Thomas Fuller.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    It's going to be like the Geth from Mass Effect imo. A networked intelligence which doesn't believe in individuality. At the end of the day humans will be debating whether or not AIs have true consciousness, while the Geth AI won't really give a **** and will just want to be left alone.
    Haha I was thinking exactly this too
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Think you'll find Theresa May has her beaten by several years.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Don't know how to feel about a Saudi woman with rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    When I was 14 a friend mentioned to me that using lube was a great way to enhance masturbation. Later that night I snuck into the bathroom, and grabbed a container of what I thought was moisturiser. It turned out to be tanning lotion, rendering both my hands and my gargantuan penis orange for the next week or so.

This video reminds me of that experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.

Cricket Web Staff Member Scarlett's Avatar
    I just can’t figure out why its bald. Don’t like it, get rid.
    DEAD GIRL

@ R O CW C K S

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I actually think it won't be long until they do, but it won't look the same as human consciousness. Machine learning is proceeding that quickly already.
    Haha I never knew how far this had progressed until I started googling it after watching Musk's AI beat professional dota2 players.

It started of making completely random moves but within a week of playing against itself it had learned how to do human things like fake attacks.
    Last edited by Daemon; 27-10-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Haha I never knew how far this had progressed until I started googling it after watching Musk's AI beat professional dota2 players.

It started of making completely random moves but within a week of playing against itself it had learned how to do human things like fake attacks.
    The cast cancelling stuff is cool, but the bot has a huge advantage in how it calculates damage thresholds, spacing etc. That's mostly what 1v1 matchups come down to so it's not that surprising. I'd like to see a team of the AI beat a Team Liquid or Newbee in a bo5 before we call DotA for the bots.

That said, DotA really is an insanely complicated version of chess that requires very precise mechanics so it should just be a matter of time before the bots take it.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    The cast cancelling stuff is cool, but the bot has a huge advantage in how it calculates damage thresholds, spacing etc. That's mostly what 1v1 matchups come down to so it's not that surprising. I'd like to see a team of the AI beat a Team Liquid or Newbee in a bo5 before we call DotA for the bots.

That said, DotA really is an insanely complicated version of chess that requires very precise mechanics so it should just be a matter of time before the bots take it.
    You'd say the best DotA players aren't anywhere near as good at DotA as the best chess players are at chess either.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar

I reckon there could be some really interesting stuff they could do with this if game devs could slip in a couple of AIs masquerading as actual players into a multi-player setting without telling the players beforehand. Could be fascinating to see whether players actually notice that it's not an actual human. More than whether an AI can beat a human (its not surprising that it can), it's whether it can ape a human's behavior convincingly that's really fascinating to me. And a bit spooky.
    Bijed likes this.

vcs
    I reckon there could be some really interesting stuff they could do with this if game devs could slip in a couple of AIs masquerading as actual players into a multi-player setting without telling the players beforehand. Could be fascinating to see whether players actually notice that it's not an actual human. More than whether an AI can beat a human (its not surprising that it can), it's whether it can ape a human's behavior convincingly that's really fascinating to me. And a bit spooky.
    Alan Turing likes this
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    You'd say the best DotA players aren't anywhere near as good at DotA as the best chess players are at chess either.
    Yeah definitely, a feature of it's complexity.

I think this would be really easy. I'm already very suspicious of some players in pubs. Say nothing, play like idiots, do the same thing over and over. You wouldn't even need a particularly sophisticated AI for that.

Fooling Team Liquid with Miraclebot would be more difficult/interesting.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I think this would be really easy. I'm already very suspicious of some players in pubs. Say nothing, play like idiots, do the same thing over and over. You wouldn't even need a particularly sophisticated AI for that.

Fooling Team Liquid with Miraclebot would be more difficult/interesting.
    Yes, this wouldn't be hard imo, bots in practice mode have always existed.

What would be hard is creating an AI that learns everything from scratch. Now that's impressive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yes, this wouldn't be hard imo, bots in practice mode have always existed.

What would be hard is creating an AI that learns everything from scratch. Now that's impressive.
    Not even humans learn ‘everything from scratch’. Yes, we are a mixture of ‘nature and nuture’, but humans are foremostly human because we have been pre-programmed by the forces of Natural Selection over millions of years.

Even if you postulate a Super Natural Diety it still doesn’t change things because humans would still be part of a larger plan’ that comes pre-programmed as it were.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information