Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 109
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: The reason the alt-right exists...

  1. #16
    International Coach Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wigton Unzud
    Posts
    12,455
    Yep, may is well lock the thread now. grecian's reply has rendered any further discussion totally redundant.

  2. #17
    International Captain Gnske's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dude. I need to get out of Seattle this weekend. This chick is all over my junk and I've got to get away
    Posts
    7,314
    Someone had to grab the low hanging fruit

  3. #18
    Cricketer Of The Year straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    9,257
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    yeah, I invented Nationalism, and being a dick. not that it's a base feeling, for inadequate's and saying it's a reaction is the most pathetic excuse for their own vileness, or owt.
    Well I mean I struggled to interpret this.

    But the bit below seemed nothing but fair, accurate, balanced and nay, even generous, to those it criticises.
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Evil people have never owned up to what they do, they always blame others for behaving appallingly, the Alt-right is a seething cauldron of victimhood based on a ridiculously wrong premise that the most privelleged in society are somehow disadvantaged.

  4. #19
    International Captain StephenZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa / UK
    Posts
    5,147
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    yeah, I invented Nationalism, and being a dick. not that it's a base feeling, for inadequate's and saying it's a reaction is the most pathetic excuse for their own vileness, or owt.

    Evil people have never owned up to what they do, they always blame others for behaving appallingly, the Alt-right is a seething cauldron of victimhood based on a ridiculously wrong premise that the most privelleged in society are somehow disadvantaged.

    So yeah they have to blame the Liberals, Socialists, Feminists, Jews, Blkacks, Mexicans and every ****ing one else, but themselves, because secretly even they know those and the ones appeasing them are, of course, the only ones to blame for this mass distortion of any reality in this World.

    None of it's new, the Alt-right is just another name for it, with different targets, and it existed before Hitler throughout history.
    I agree 100% with all this but would like to add.... all the bigoted left wing extreme socialist types who are just as power hungry no less selfish who blame anybody who has money or power for being evil far right bastards and getting that money power off illegal activity, stepping on the bones of the underprivileged and pretty much the cause of all bad things in the world... which is also not true.

    It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people.
    Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaimen, Good Omens

    We can only hope that people on avg can become better people..... my little Utopia wish.
    "Here are the opinions on which my facts are based." - Humanity
    "Man occasionally stumbles on the truth, but then just picks himself up and hurries on regardless." - Anonymous


  5. #20
    International Coach hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13,575
    Yeah the European neo-nazis have probably just as much in common with the left as they do the right
    indiaholic likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

    - Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

  6. #21
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Posts
    40,465
    I can usually see where greician is coming from, and sometimes agree with him, it's just that he's such a colossal bag of dicks about it.

  7. #22
    Global Moderator harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,311
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I can usually see where greician is coming from, and sometimes agree with him, it's just that he's such a colossal bag of dicks about it.
    Think it's the old one - is being a dick to a bigger dick a sign of dickishness or not? Not easy and has systemic implications (like all other options).
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  8. #23
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SWA
    Posts
    57,360
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Yeah the European neo-nazis have probably just as much in common with the left as they do the right
    I think this is true of the Alt Right too. The likes of Richard Spencer advocate for left wing economic ideas and mix them with far right views on race and society etc.

  9. #24
    International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,795
    it's in the name! I don't think ideas of 'value' free economics are palatable to the extreme ends of the spectrum.
    Last edited by Redbacks; 26-08-2017 at 03:04 AM.

  10. #25
    Cricketer Of The Year watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,477
    Because Western societies are little more than pieces of wreckage disconnected from their historical institutions and without a shared history.
    1. Len Hutton 2. Jack Hobbs 3. Walter Hammond 4. Peter May 5. Ken Barrington 6. Denis Compton 7. Alan Knott 8. Hedley Verity 9. John Snow 10. Fred Trueman 11. Sydney Barnes

  11. #26
    International Vice-Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I think this is true of the Alt Right too. The likes of Richard Spencer advocate for left wing economic ideas and mix them with far right views on race and society etc.
    Le Pen at times was pretty left wing with a lot of issues, heck I recall the Pres debates, she at times when speaking was more left wing than the communist Melenchon

  12. #27
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    BJ Watling's luxurious curls
    Posts
    36,340
    it is national socialism, not national individualism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I need u like Henry Nicholls needs batting school
    He was terrible in that series
    I need u like Ross Taylor needed to be fit
    He's way better than Henry Nicholls
    And now all I can think about is your smile
    and that ****** test series too
    Losing to Australia sucked and I miss you
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  13. #28
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    44,641
    Yeah isn't the whole point of fascism that it's a radicalised centre, so to speak? All that "third position" stuff. Its roots in terms of people are deep in the far-right because of its nationalist bent, but it's certainly taken what it can from socialist ideas. "Socialism without Marx" is a variant of it.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

    forever 63*

  14. #29
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Right Side of History
    Posts
    19,466
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    I agree 100% with all this but would like to add.... all the bigoted left wing extreme socialist types who are just as power hungry no less selfish who blame anybody who has money or power for being evil far right bastards and getting that money power off illegal activity, stepping on the bones of the underprivileged and pretty much the cause of all bad things in the world... which is also not true.

    Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaimen, Good Omens

    We can only hope that people on avg can become better people..... my little Utopia wish.
    In the end it's politicians innit, they distort even good things for their own purposes, and that purpose is division.

    In the end the problem with everything is the old adage that the first thing that should preclude a politician from getting into politics is wanting to be a politician. It's all about being power mad and ruthless whether you be Le Pen or Sanders.

    Someone made a point recently how the German right only rebranded themselves as socialists in the 30s to pick up votes, can't say I care that much, there certainly where socialist ideals within Nazism, but ya know Krupp, Hugo Boss, Mercedes, many of the camps providing labor for private business, **** it even Zyklon B was developed by a private company.

    In the end the evil of the system was in hating others for how they were born, borne from a feeling of superiority about their own origins, so just like the alt-right, or Romans, British or any empire that ever existed, how it was implemented is slightly irrelevant.

    I was quite depressed before making that post, quite happy now, proves football is more important than politics really.
    Last edited by grecian; 26-08-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  15. #30
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    12,275
    Damn the alt-right is back on the forum...
    indiaholic likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Does it really matter whether God exists or not?
    By squeakyclean in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 02:40 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 01:56 AM
  3. Reason for your name on CW
    By nikhil1772 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 21-10-2007, 02:24 PM
  4. Reason why we need 10-day tests
    By ramkumar_gr in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-03-2007, 12:57 PM
  5. Sachin - Wht could be the reason ?
    By scorpio in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-09-2002, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •