Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Barcelona

Finland too
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Another awful act. RIP

I hoped attacks from IS sympathisers would peter out as they lost Raqqa and the land they hold. Maybe they yet will - the internet tells me IS still have more land in northern Iraq and Syria than I realised.
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Presume you mean as they lose ground they'll become more desperate, which may well be true, whereas I'm thinking of once they've lost it all and maybe dipshits on the other side of the world realise there's no point trying to follow/imitate them any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Attacks like these are the only way for them to keep in the headlines and get recruits now that their caliphate is being turned to crumbling dust and rubble. There'll be more of them, especially as some of them filter back to their countries of origin.
    It's not just that.

It's the radicalisation of the whole area. 6+ years of brutal, bloody civil war. Remember that ISIS was the better alternative for many people in the region. And now it's looking increasingly likely that Assad will not face justice.

Another group will pop up, whether it's ISIS or not it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

A bit over the top perhaps. But certainly there are some lessons to learn and history repeating itself. The far left allowing in a convicted Palestine terrorist and then trying to claim the Jews are the problem and advising them not to show their faces.

It's like wake the **** up. The crackpot cult called Islam which is a scourge to civilised society wherever it goes - do you think that might be the problem? And the new equivalent generation of Nazi sympathisers - today's far left.

ok Adolf
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    The crackpot cult called Islam which is a scourge to civilised society wherever it goes - do you think that might be the problem?
    Oh piss off
    hendrix likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Religion is a part of this problem. Islam is a part of this problem. No two ways around it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    It's pretty rich for Christian nations to be sneering at Islamic ones tbh. Sure the west has dragged itself out of that era, but only very recently and for a long time the Islamic world was far more enlightened and tolerant than the west (dark ages etc). ISIS and the late era Ottomans before them are an insult to previous Islamic states.

i don't expect scaly to know much about that tho
    Last edited by Flem274*; 20-08-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I need u like Henry Nicholls needs batting school
    He was terrible in that series
    I need u like Ross Taylor needed to be fit
    He's way better than Henry Nicholls
    And now all I can think about is your smile
    and that ****** test series too
    Losing to Australia sucked and I miss you
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Munificent_Fool View Post
    Religion is a part of this problem. Islam is a part of this problem. No two ways around it.
    No **** but it's a far way removed from this type of statement to the bullshit Scaly just spouted so it's pretty disingenuous to say this in the follow up of what Scaly just said. It's the same thing as Trump and his "from both side" comment - in the context of the situation your defending something indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    It's pretty rich for Christian nations to be sneering at Islamic ones tbh. Sure the west has dragged itself out of that era, but only very recently and for a long time the Islamic world was far more enlightened and tolerant than the west (dark ages etc). ISIS and the late era Ottomans before them are an insult to previous Islamic states.

This is not particularly relevant and will lead the conversation down a rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    No **** but it's a far way removed from this type of statement to the bullshit Scaly just spouted so it's pretty disingenuous to say this in the follow up of what Scaly just said. It's the same thing as Trump and his "from both side" comment - in the context of the situation your defending something indefensible.
    I can see why you might say that but it wasn't intended as a reinforcement of anything he said. Certainly not as a defence of his views. It was intended as a rebuke to those who say after every one of these attacks that it has nothing to do with religion. Some of us are getting fairly tired of it.
    Ausage likes this.

You'd have been better to say to the extent that the West has helped initiate and protract violence, poverty etc. in Muslim majority countries, we oughtn't pretend we have nothing to do with this. The fact that we used to be as barbaric is a second or third order point imo.

Nor do I. Which Islamic states did you have in mind exactly?

You'd have been better to say to the extent that the West has helped initiate and protract violence, poverty etc. in Muslim majority countries, we oughtn't pretend we have nothing to do with this. The fact that we used to be as barbaric is a second or third order point imo.
    Indeed.

I can see why you might say that but it wasn't intended as a reinforcement of anything he said. Certainly not as a defence of his views. It was intended as a rebuke to those who say after every one of these attacks that it has nothing to do with religion. Some of us are getting fairly tired of it.
    but...no one said that here?
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    but...no one said that here?
    No one here.....as of yet. But we're being treated to it by a lot of the media and intellectuals covering it. And there are undoubtedly people on here who think the same, which I find just as insidious and retrograde as the bigoted crap which Scaly posted.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar

Nor do I. Which Islamic states did you have in mind exactly?
    yeah, but much of the sneering also comes from a place of complete ignorance of what the world used to be like

the Abbasid dynasty springs to mind immediately as a place much much better to live in than any contemporary christian state of its day (and many since). The Islamic world carried the torch of civilization for quite some time after the fall of the Western Roman and Sassanid Empires.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information