View Poll Results: Are white supremacists/Nazis evil?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they are evil

30 96.77%
  • No they are not

1 3.23%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Do you think white supremacists and Nazis are evil?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I've heard that if neo nazis and white supremacists look directly at the upcoming total solar eclipse it will give them special powers. They should all definitely do it.
    Anil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I did ask my Grandma about the struggles for Independence and it was friggin depressing. In lieu of the british members here, I wont go into more details, but fair to say, you dont get very fond of people who do that to your grandparents and their friends.
    I have stories about similar things wrt my mother. She's still very positive about America, though she really, really, really does not like China or Japan.
    Last edited by Spark; 19-08-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    honestbharani likes this.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    We seem to have moved on from the original topic a bit. I had a moment to see past the anger and think of all the skinheads and racists I've dealt with over the last 20 years. There aren't many skinheads around here but they sure do leave an impression on you. Having thought about them a bit though, I could never say they were inherently evil. Most of these people were just generally angry at the world for one reason or another.

One of the skinheads I encountered, Tom, actually became good friends with me for a while. We worked together for a couple of years, went to concerts, hung out together, and he'd tell me a lot of what he was dealing with in his life. Divorced parents, father worked all the time and never saw him, mother couldn't care less about the children, and his siblings were fleeting relationships. The more I got to know him, the more I realized his family situation had broken him, though he'd never admit it. We'd talk on and off but I mostly started to steer clear of him once he continually would go off about black people and Mexicans, which in retrospect coincided with him going through a string of bad relationships.

Apparently at some point he started having an on and off fling with heroin which eventually cost him his life. Only a couple of his stoner friends showed up at his funeral.

No real moral to the story, but in my experience being a skinhead or Nazi sympathizer isn't much different from poor kids joining gangs to get a sense of belonging. The real evil are the people who take advantage of these kids and get them to organize and hurt people.
    Anil, Ikki, zorax and 1 others like this.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    We seem to have moved on from the original topic a bit. I had a moment to see past the anger and think of all the skinheads and racists I've dealt with over the last 20 years. There aren't many skinheads around here but they sure do leave an impression on you. Having thought about them a bit though, I could never say they were inherently evil. Most of these people were just generally angry at the world for one reason or another.

One of the skinheads I encountered, Tom, actually became good friends with me for a while. We worked together for a couple of years, went to concerts, hung out together, and he'd tell me a lot of what he was dealing with in his life. Divorced parents, father worked all the time and never saw him, mother couldn't care less about the children, and his siblings were fleeting relationships. The more I got to know him, the more I realized his family situation had broken him, though he'd never admit it. We'd talk on and off but I mostly started to steer clear of him once he continually would go off about black people and Mexicans, which in retrospect coincided with him going through a string of bad relationships.

Apparently at some point he started having an on and off fling with heroin which eventually cost him his life. Only a couple of his stoner friends showed up at his funeral.

No real moral to the story, but in my experience being a skinhead or Nazi sympathizer isn't much different from poor kids joining gangs to get a sense of belonging. The real evil are the people who take advantage of these kids and get them to organize and hurt people.
    Oddly enough that just reminds me of American History X.
    vcs likes this.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Very interested to hear about Burgey's recollection of WW I

i dont think he has seen wonder woman
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    He might remember the Kurukshetra War for all we know.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    i dont think he has seen wonder woman
    He may be Wonder Woman for all you know

I've heard that if neo nazis and white supremacists look directly at the upcoming total solar eclipse it will give them special powers. They should all definitely do it.
    seconded...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Very interested to hear about Burgey's recollection of WW I
    Wish you'd been at the Nek tbh.

In an attacking role*

*Not really

International Debutant S.Kennedy's Avatar
    Nehru was having it off with Lady Mountbatten during the whole period.
    Future Proof

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I did ask my Grandma about the struggles for Independence and it was friggin depressing. In lieu of the british members here, I wont go into more details, but fair to say, you dont get very fond of people who do that to your grandparents and their friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    My Grandad changed our surnames from Pathan to something less muslim sounding during the some sort of racial riots. They threw away the quran, sajjadas (prayer mat), no beards etc. Pretty scary, apparently they were just dragging people out of their homes and butchering them in the streets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    My father was 4 years old and far enough away from the border that he and his family didn't see any hardships due to partition, and far enough away from any areas of interest that they were largely unaffected by the political climate. There is a story of my great-grandfather cutting down a British backed policeman that mistreated and abused people in their village, so there's that.
    I spoke a bit with my grandparents about what it was like back then, but like you guys, I wish I was more interested in that stuff while they were still alive. It's one of my biggest regrets. My grandmother's family was from Lahore and moved to Ahmedabad during the partition, and her stories were ****ing insane. I know some of her extended family and friends died during that time. My grandfather too had some crazy things happen involving the British, and I know he was beaten and in jail for a bit (like days/weeks not months or years), but I never probed and he didn't volunteer all that much. So it could have been cause he was a thief or loitered or something - or he could have been protesting for independence - I wish I knew.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 19-08-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I kinda hope it was for loitering or public drunkenness or something. Would be hilarious after building him so much in my mind.
    zorax likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I spoke a bit with my grandparents about what it was like back then, but like you guys, I wish I was more interested in that stuff while they were still alive. It's one of my biggest regrets. My grandmother's family was from Lahore and moved to Ahmedabad during the partition, and her stories were ****ing insane. I know some of her extended family and friends died during that time. My grandfather too had some crazy things happen involving the British, and I know he was beaten and in jail for a bit, but I never probed and he didn't volunteer all that much. So it could have been cause he was a thief or loitered or something - or he could have been protesting for independence - I wish I knew.

In my case, I do know in good detail and with evidence as well. As I said, its the one thing that irks when some of my similarly educated and working friends go "I wish the British were still ruling us. Our country would be so much better." I mean, what the actual ****?
    vcs and zorax like this.

I sympathise with not talking enough to grandparents about their younger days. One of my regrets as well.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information