Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 301 of 302 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302 LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 4520
Like Tree2304Likes

Thread: Political Correctness Gone Mad

  1. #4501
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    67,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    You're quite right about economics, socialism has a bit of a cloud hanging over it that a lot of people feel comfortable turning their nose up at, point taken

    Yes there is some vocal support for centre and far right views here in Aus, you see a lot of it on facebook comments and such, but you'd rarely see a company risk adopting such a stance (I can't think of an example anyway) due to the backlash from the media and political class that seems to hold more water than the other way round.
    Channels Seven, Nine and Sky make a point of being vehicles for those views. So doe.s News Ltd Hanson gets a regular spot on breakfast TV, the same programs which have panels of white blokes commenting on stuff like climbing Uluru, while their indigenous to-camera talent (Brooke Boney) has her say a couple of hours later on a mid-morning show when everyone has gone to work.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  2. #4502
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    67,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Mind you having said that, my family is largely ALP HQ, only my dad tends to swing (and be secretive of his vote) while mum, older brother and even now younger sister are pretty much card carrying members, I'm a closeted conservative libertarian type thing who voted liberal (largely owing to lack of lower house reps running in Corio), family don't really know what I stand for I'd say, perhaps I assume I tow the alp line as I did in my teens.

    So enough preamble, on election night mum went a little ballistic talking about 'selfish old men' and who had sold out the economy for personal gain (apparently they'd invited over a friend who perfectly fitted this description and mum went off at his gloating) and her criticisms would definitely not be the first of their type I would hear in the wake of the election. The media class and their followers certainly were strong of the opinion that liberal voters had sold out the country due to a combination of selfishness and ignorance, I was certainly selective of who I told about my vote following that.

    Obviously a lot of personal experience here but just my 2 cents
    What prompted you to vote Liberal? Genuine question.

  3. #4503
    Norwood's on Fire GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    League One
    Posts
    60,532
    Don’t answer him Maximas, it’s a trap
    Burgey likes this.

  4. #4504
    Cricketer Of The Year Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Channels Seven, Nine and Sky make a point of being vehicles for those views. So doe.s News Ltd Hanson gets a regular spot on breakfast TV, the same programs which have panels of white blokes commenting on stuff like climbing Uluru, while their indigenous to-camera talent (Brooke Boney) has her say a couple of hours later on a mid-morning show when everyone has gone to work.
    Yeah I just don't watch TV, listen to radio or read the papers so get a lot of info and debate from online, not to say **** like the project exists as well, but can't really comment on how balanced overall the media is


  5. #4505
    Cricketer Of The Year Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    What prompted you to vote Liberal? Genuine question.
    In the lower house I had a choice between labor, liberal, clive or the greens, I live in a safe ALP seat, it was a combination of trying to cut Marles' margin to attract pork barrelling (lol) and me deciding that I was quite repulsed by the other three options, I have several issues with Labor policy and stances across the board, I wasn't really happy to vote liberal but again, lesser of evils for mine

  6. #4506
    Norwood's on Fire GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    League One
    Posts
    60,532
    Don't be so apologetic. Be honest. The reason you won't vote Labour is because it's the representation of all that is evil and stupid.
    Groundking and Ausage like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can


    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  7. #4507
    Cricketer Of The Year Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Don't be so apologetic. Be honest. The reason you won't vote Labour is because it's the representation of all that is evil and stupid.
    I'm not adverse to their general stance on holding employers and business to account, whereas the current government had to be dragged kicking and screaming to uncover what the banks have been doing.

    I've also been impressed with the state Labor government here in Victoria, who have been very strong on infrastructure, and I was keen to see Shorten fulfil his promise to direct some federal funds into the projects (which are well thought out and cater to long term needs) that are going up in Melbourne and around.

    The Liberals on that issue have been weak, they used straight up bullshit pork barrelling to try and win the marginal seat next door to me with a completely uncosted promise to deliver fast rail to Melbourne from Geelong for example. Both Liberal and Labor have rather concerning attitudes towards freedom as well, both announced some pretty authoritarian policy during the election, not big stuff but concerning for me.

    But at the end of the day, Labor came across as a party that was out for your blood if you were doing well, and had a long list of benefactors ready to receive your hard earned cash, whereas the libs had generally attempted to come across as more hands off in that department, although as I said earlier that extended to big business as well, which was a key criticism throughout the previous term and has been for the party's history

  8. #4508
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    67,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    I'm not adverse to their general stance on holding employers and business to account, whereas the current government had to be dragged kicking and screaming to uncover what the banks have been doing.

    I've also been impressed with the state Labor government here in Victoria, who have been very strong on infrastructure, and I was keen to see Shorten fulfil his promise to direct some federal funds into the projects (which are well thought out and cater to long term needs) that are going up in Melbourne and around.

    The Liberals on that issue have been weak, they used straight up bullshit pork barrelling to try and win the marginal seat next door to me with a completely uncosted promise to deliver fast rail to Melbourne from Geelong for example. Both Liberal and Labor have rather concerning attitudes towards freedom as well, both announced some pretty authoritarian policy during the election, not big stuff but concerning for me.

    But at the end of the day, Labor came across as a party that was out for your blood if you were doing well, and had a long list of benefactors ready to receive your hard earned cash, whereas the libs had generally attempted to come across as more hands off in that department, although as I said earlier that extended to big business as well, which was a key criticism throughout the previous term and has been for the party's history
    To quote Spark from t'other day

    "I mean. franking credits."

    Cheers for the answers. Appreciate it.

  9. #4509
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,179
    https://twitter.com/KS1729/status/1152042627077955589

    Ha doing the rounds but still very funny.

    Aussie posters probably know more than I do about them.
    andmark likes this.

  10. #4510
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Posts
    47,472
    thought that was chris pratt for a moment

  11. #4511
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,179
    This "wax my testicles" story is wild. Gervais can be a tedious bore at times, but he's been spot on regarding this.
    King Pietersen likes this.

  12. #4512
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,503
    I didn’t even know women get their private parts waxed...
    Niall likes this.

  13. #4513
    International Coach ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11,506
    Whole JY affair is so ewww...
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

  14. #4514
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,498
    https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers...0190905-p52o9m

    This is mad. Almost worth, well, a Hitler parody video.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

  15. #4515
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,354
    Should've been sacked for using a meme from 10 years ago.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Political stance?
    By sledger in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 07-07-2018, 03:06 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2017, 08:51 PM
  3. America/Buzzfeed's version of political correctness...
    By hendrix in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2017, 08:51 PM
  4. Political Correctness
    By Slow Love™ in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 17-11-2005, 06:31 AM
  5. Disgusting! Political Correctness gone wrong!
    By Robertinho in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 20-04-2005, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •