Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 101 of 304 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4556
Like Tree2330Likes

Thread: Political Correctness Gone Mad

All coffee is ****.

Yeah you heard me.
    Starfighter likes this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    All coffee is ****.

Yeah you heard me.
    Try soy coffee, it's done wonders for my estrogen.
    vcs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

Quote Originally Posted by Munificent_Fool View Post
    No, the modern progressive movement is more modern than that. Progressivism has been around for more than 100 years and has several different factions on the left as well as the right.

You do realise you literally just used and failed to define the very same plural pronoun you're now admonishing me for using and not defining, right?

They meaning activists supporting civil rights for gays. Hard leftists and progressives far outnumbered liberals in the early days. The same was true on Vietnam, rights for blacks and a whole range of other issues.

Yeah, I don't think you know the difference. Or anything about left progressivism. Or the hard left. Or even liberalism really.

What a bizarre straw man to throw in even at the end of an already abysmal post. But er no, as you can see above, I just asserted the opposite, assuming you think democrats were and are liberals, which is debateable.
    It's really hard to know where to begin with a view of American history that says that progressivism as a political label/movement is a modern thing, as if Teddy Roosevelt, Taft and Wilson never existed.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

U19 Vice-Captain Munificent_Fool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    It's really hard to know where to begin with a view of American history that says that progressivism as a political label/movement is a modern thing, as if Teddy Roosevelt, Taft and Wilson never existed.
    Indeed. His hatred for the snowflakes is such that he even feels the need to slander the progressives of previous generations by rewriting them out of history.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    The solution is if you're intersex you can't compete with female-gender athletes. Just like a male can't compete with a female gender athlete. Transgender people also shouldn't be allowed to compete with female gender athletes.

It sucks for them but this isn't "depriving them of their identity or their living". That's complete bullshit. Go and get a job like the rest of us.
    I don't agree. You don't tell someone who's been raised a girl and always seen themselves as a girl that they're not a real girl because you did some tests and their blood has too much Chemical X in it. Whatever your definition of female, it isn't "person whose blood contains less than X% of testosterone". The ruling is nonsensical, it's obviously hurtful to those directly involved, and it's totally unnecessary because there are like 2 female athletes with excess testosterone.

The problem with Semenya and hyperandrogenism is trying to use science.... the seperating into the socially determined and accepted genders and then trying to use science to retroactively determine where the arbitrary drawn line exists is foolish.

Men are allowed an unlimited testosterone, whatever is created by their bodies, but if they have to little testosterone can be allowed to take a supplement in competition. Women are considered, to male or not 'female enough' if they have to much testosterone, even if natural, but have no minimum level. It is trying to use science to fit a box of what has been the socially constructed norm. And they are basing it almost entirely on testosterone levels, which while higher, in general, in a male and comparatively lower in a female, does not actually determine your 'maleness' or 'femaleness'.

Just come out and say, a historical social divide has been created and when a woman feels to 'male' it makes the situation feel unfair and uncomfortable, thus we don't want her participating as a female. But lets not pretend this is a scientific determination.
    Uppercut likes this.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I don't agree. You don't tell someone who's been raised a girl and always seen themselves as a girl that they're not a real girl because you did some tests and their blood has too much Chemical X in it. Whatever your definition of female, it isn't "person whose blood contains less than X% of testosterone". The ruling is nonsensical, it's obviously hurtful to those directly involved, and it's totally unnecessary because there are like 2 female athletes with excess testosterone.
    Where did I say I agreed with the ruling?

I said intersex people should not compete with female athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    The problem with Semenya and hyperandrogenism is trying to use science.... the seperating into the socially determined and accepted genders and then trying to use science to retroactively determine where the arbitrary drawn line exists is foolish.

Men are allowed an unlimited testosterone, whatever is created by their bodies, but if they have to little testosterone can be allowed to take a supplement in competition. Women are considered, to male or not 'female enough' if they have to much testosterone, even if natural, but have no minimum level. It is trying to use science to fit a box of what has been the socially constructed norm. And they are basing it almost entirely on testosterone levels, which while higher, in general, in a male and comparatively lower in a female, does not actually determine your 'maleness' or 'femaleness'.

Just come out and say, a historical social divide has been created and when a woman feels to 'male' it makes the situation feel unfair and uncomfortable, thus we don't want her participating as a female. But lets not pretend this is a scientific determination.
    Men should not be allowed to supplement testosterone. TRT should not be allowed in competitive sport. The scientific determination is biological gender. That is scientific. Testosterone is not the best measure (it would be really easy to set up some standard chromosomal tests). No athlete should be allowed to supplement with *** hormones.
    Ausage and OverratedSanity like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Men should not be allowed to supplement testosterone. TRT should not be allowed in competitive sport. The scientific determination is biological gender. That is scientific. Testosterone is not the best measure (it would be really easy to set up some standard chromosomal tests). No athlete should be allowed to supplement with *** hormones.
    They were testing chromosomes at a stage, it got discontinued (unsure why, think it may have been because they determined chromosomes did not affect an athlete's ability or something). Found the history of this sort of problem for IAAF interesting.

Article is a few years old now but still interesting. (from 2012)
    https://academic.oup.com/jcem/articl...1/3902/2836438

Conclusions
    The new IAAF and IOC policies for regulation of *** characteristics in women's sports now stipulate that competitors have testosterone levels lower than the lower limit of the male range, that is 10 nmol/liter or lower. This is a substantial change from previous policies that sought to assess the degree of femininity by examination of internal or external genitals, chromosomal assessment by Barr body testing, or PCR testing for the SRY gene, all of which posed logistical, technical, ethical, or biological problems. The controversy about the athletic advantage that hyperandrogenism confers to female athletes awaits further study, and consequently, whether these policies will ensure fairness is not known. Endocrinologists may be asked to care for elite athletes before international competition, placing them on the front lines of medical evaluation and intervention for selected cases of women with conditions that lead to elevated androgens.

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munificent_Fool View Post
    No, the modern progressive movement is more modern than that. Progressivism has been around for more than 100 years and has several different factions on the left as well as the right.
    Sorry mate, you're making **** up at this point. Don't let a wikipedia article suggest to you that there was any sort of progressive movement with any power before recent history.

You do realise you literally just used and failed to define the very same plural pronoun you're now admonishing me for using and not defining, right?

They meaning activists supporting civil rights for gays. Hard leftists and progressives far outnumbered liberals in the early days. The same was true on Vietnam, rights for blacks and a whole range of other issues.
    No, I didn't. You're acting as if the people who call themselves progressives now were progressives then, or at worst have called themselves progressives now. That might be true for some, not all. And my contention has been that progressivism and liberalism aren't the same thing, and they misunderstand it if they think they do. Bill Maher calls himself a libertarian and in the same breath preached for Obamacare.

Yeah, I don't think you know the difference. Or anything about left progressivism. Or the hard left. Or even liberalism really.
    Sure buddy, I remember you from the Chile discussion making up stuff as well, I'm not convinced you know much of anything yourself.

What a bizarre straw man to throw in even at the end of an already abysmal post. But er no, as you can see above, I just asserted the opposite, assuming you think democrats were and are liberals, which is debateable.
    It's not a bizarre straw man, it's a juxtaposition to create an analogy. You're revising history, just like the last statement would be.
    Last edited by Ikki; 27-04-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    ★★★★★

Uppercut and Furball like this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    All coffee is ****.

Yeah you heard me.
    Ban this ****. **** post.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    It is awful though.

The first time I tried black coffee in the west, I was completely unprepared for how rubbish it was. Why the **** do entire civilizations think they need a shot of bitter poison to become productive in the morning?

International Vice-Captain S.Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    The first time I tried black coffee in the west, I was completely unprepared for how rubbish it was. Why the **** do entire civilizations think they need a shot of bitter poison to become productive in the morning?
    Coffee is from the west, the Americas to be precise.

You can buy a trillion types of coffee these days; it is all very bewildering (and a bit pretentious if I'm honest), the choice.
    "It's (The 100) optimised short-form cricket
    Tom Harrison
    What we are doing here is future-proofing county cricket
    Tom Harrison.
    We want to make the game as simple as possible for them (mums and kids) to understand
    Andrew Strauss.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    Coffee is from the west, the Americas to be precise.

You can buy a trillion types of coffee these days; it is all very bewildering (and a bit pretentious if I'm honest), the choice.
    Ethiopia is in America.... wow!
    hendrix likes this.

Thread Information