Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The European Politics Thread

Man, we all like to talk about how, well, Trump-y Trump is but Erdogan really still sets the standard in that regard. Complete loon.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

International Vice-Captain Niall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Man, we all like to talk about how, well, Trump-y Trump is but Erdogan really still sets the standard in that regard. Complete loon.
    Rutte is trying to takesome support of Wilders with this saga, very interesting to see how he handles this. Wilders will be loving it however.

Erdogan could do with a few bullets to his head.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Erdogan could do with a few bullets to his head.
    Careful, the Turkish govt could notice this post and demand that you be prosecuted for it (no joke)

Careful, the Turkish govt could notice this post and demand that you be prosecuted for it (no joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Major trollling by Erdogan there. I might put a request in to the moderators to get him Banned for 6 months.
    01. Adam Gilchrist 02. Sachin Tendulka 03. Virat Kohli 04. Viv Richards 05. AB de Villiers 06. Andrew Symonds 07. Lance Klusener 08. Richard Hadlee 09. Wasim Akram 10. Joel Garner 11. Muttiah Muralithran

Rutte is trying to takesome support of Wilders with this saga, very interesting to see how he handles this. Wilders will be loving it however.
    The two of them had a debate a few hours ago. Nothing special, apart from Rutte firmly stating (again) he will NOT form a coalition with Wilders.

Dutch elections are far less exciting than many foreign (as well as many Dutch) media want to tell us. It's very unlikely that Wilders will win more than 25 (out of 150) seats. And absolutely no other party will even try to from a coalition with him. So, we will probably end up having a centre-right / balanced coaltion. Not an easy formation though.....
    Niall likes this.
    Madness. Exhilarating. Magical. Netherlands have crossed the line in an unbelievable 13.5 overs.
    It's like watching a Gayle from each end. And when one Gayle gets out.. Another Gayle comes in...

Dude. I need to get out of Seattle this weekend. This chick is all over my junk and I've got to get away
    You have to wonder if Erdogan knows how gormless he sounds by crying Nazi when his attempt to cause a revolt in another country miserably fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    The two of them had a debate a few hours ago. Nothing special, apart from Rutte firmly stating (again) he will NOT form a coalition with Wilders.

Dutch elections are far less exciting than many foreign (as well as many Dutch) media want to tell us. It's very unlikely that Wilders will win more than 25 (out of 150) seats. And absolutely no other party will even try to from a coalition with him. So, we will probably end up having a centre-right / balanced coaltion. Not an easy formation though.....
    I have money on Rutte's mob to get the most seats, would you recommend me topping up on that bet?

I have money on Rutte's mob to get the most seats, would you recommend me topping up on that bet?
    It's where my money would be!

The point is, even if Wilders' lot gain more seats than Rutte, Rutte (VVD, conservative liberals) will still form a coalition and stay PM. Unless one of the other likely coalition partners (CDA (christian democrats), D66 (progressive liberals), GreenLeft) will gain more seats than Rutte, but I don't think that will happen. Lots of speculation on it though! But in the end, this will only have impact on which party will bring forward the MP. Not so much on the coalition itself.

Fuming I did not put more money on him now,pretty comfortable win for Rutte in the end despite all eyes on Wilders.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...election-nears

Enormous turnout, apparently.

Enormous turnout, apparently.
    Over 80% from all accounts.

Its another election where the betting industry and to a lesser extent polling has somewhat failed.

Hopefully it should be a reality check to those who rather naively assumed anyone that you could define as hard right is not a cert to win power because "Brexit and Trump~"

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I don't think polling has "failed" in any of the last few elections, except possibly in the 2015 UK general election. Miles off in the French primary too, although that's a really tough one to forecast. Public polls are usually pretty frank about what constitutes a reasonable margin of error, and they've generally been within it.

There's no way of telling whether a political betting market is failing or not. The favourite losing definitely isn't a betting market failure.

Political gambling is quite a small market so I wouldn't expect it to be efficient, it's definitely possible to give it too much respect. I like them being reported anyway, purely because they're probabilistic, which is always better than random pundits saying "this will happen" then keeping their jobs when it doesn't.
    Tom Halsey likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information