Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 500
Like Tree448Likes

Thread: Is the world becoming more racist?

  1. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Anyway, watson's terrible post is a good example of what has been mentioned in this thread. Racism is less explicit but there's still an underlying current of it couched in different terms. "Destruction of culture" and "hyper-immigration" are good examples.
    If we run a hypothetical and create the same sort of rapid demographic change in Beijing (for example) by relocating several million Aussies then I doubt very much that there wouldn't be an equal number of Beijing locals who would feel dislocated, displaced, and disorienated. As a rough guess I would say that the several million Australians would be systematically resented. Who knows what the political repetcussions would be.

    When all is said and done there is simply no way to defend hyper-immigration, no matter the method by which it occurs, nor where it occurs - simply because it ultimately fails the "not in my back yard" test.

    In short, most people who defend hyper-immigration are rampant hypocrits - and they know it.
    Last edited by watson; 05-07-2016 at 07:22 PM.

  2. #47
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40,056
    Your last sentence does not follow from your first paragraphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  3. #48
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,713
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Your last sentence does not follow from your first paragraphs.


    Well, it's not the first time.

    Sorry watson but had to chip in
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  4. #49
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    67,623
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Would love to move to Balmain as it's not overly high-rise and not monocultural. Can't afford it though as the overseas demand has priced me out of contention.
    There's hardly any overseas investment in real estate in Balmain. Most people there are owner occupiers or the landlords are locals.

    I think the whole "overseas investors are buying up all the houses" line is massively overcooked, but I suspect social would have a better idea given his line of work.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.


  5. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Your last sentence does not follow from your first paragraphs.
    How??

  6. #51
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    31,243
    Public housing in Singapore even has racial quotas to prevent the forming of 'racial enclaves'. It keeps people like watson happy.

  7. #52
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    If we run a hypothetical and create the same sort of rapid demographic change in Beijing (for example) by relocating several million Aussies then I doubt very much that there wouldn't be an equal number of Beijing locals who would feel dislocated, displaced, and disorienated. As a rough guess I would say that the several million Australians would be systematically resented. Who knows what the political repetcussions would be.

    When all is said and done there is simply no way to defend hyper-immigration, no matter the method by which it occurs, nor where it occurs - simply because it ultimately fails the "not in my back yard" test.

    In short, most people who defend hyper-immigration are rampant hypocrits - and they know it.
    Er yeah, and the Beijing locals would be just as racist (though their gripes about terrible foreign cuisine would actually be valid). "Hyper-immigration" isn't really a thing that is ruining the fabric of society just because you have some small-town anecdotes, but nice try.

    Anyway, if we're going to talk in dumb hypothetical scenarios, I bet you a million dollars that if a bunch of white British ex-pats started moving in to your town you wouldn't get the least bit terrified. The only difference is that you can't seem to handle any culture that's not lily-white. For you it actually is about skin colour, based on your opinions on how the Scots and English should stay united because they're the same.
    NZTailender likes this.

  8. #53
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40,056
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    How??
    because your post was, "let's assume the Sun revolves around the Earth, therefore it follows that Taylor Swift is the best singer on the planet."

    I support hyper immigration. What am I a hypocrite about?

  9. #54
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    25,255
    In Auckland in particular some of the older suburbs that used to have a high Polynesian demographic are more exclusively white now thanks to gentrification. Take any other nationality moving somewhere because the property price is affordable and it's 'immigrants forcing people out'.

    It's not a race thing, it's a money thing ffs.
    Victor Ian likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

  10. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    because your post was, "let's assume the Sun revolves around the Earth, therefore it follows that Taylor Swift is the best singer on the planet."

    I support hyper immigration. What am I a hypocrite about?
    I don't know about you personally but people are generally in favour of something until it becomes a problem in their own backyard - that particular brand of hypocrisy is called NIMBYism.


    The following conversation actually happened;

    Me: What's wrong with you Mohammad? You look upset today.

    Mohd: I meant to take out the family last night to dinner but had to turn around and go home.

    Me: Why? What happened?

    Mohd: Well my favourite restaurant in Wylie Park has been taken over by the ****ing Koreans. Our once nice Muslim neighborhood is being over-run with foreigners.

    Me: Oh, that's too bad.

  11. #56
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    25,255
    It's cute that white people think they were here first and so everyone else after them are foreigners. It's like they expect culture to stay static.
    vogue likes this.

  12. #57
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,724
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    I don't know about you personally but people are generally in favour of something until it becomes a problem in their own backyard - that particular brand of hypocrisy is called NIMBYism.


    The following conversation actually happened;

    Me: What's wrong with you Mohammad? You look upset today.

    Mohd: I meant to take out the family last night to dinner but had to turn around and go home.

    Me: Why? What happened?

    Mohd: Well my favourite restaurant in Wylie Park has been taken over by the ****ing Koreans. Our once nice Muslim neighborhood is being over-run with foreigners.

    Me: Oh, that's too bad.
    I.e. people more commonly known as "xenophobes"
    NZTailender and morgieb like this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

  13. #58
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    31,243
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    It's cute that white people think they were here first and so everyone else after them are foreigners. It's like they expect culture to stay static.
    It's not just white people. It's people.

    Look at pratters and his dislike for what's happening in his city. Even SEAsian countries have folks that hate Mainland Chinese immigrants and Indian immigrants.

    People are idiots, regardless of race.

  14. #59
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,515
    I like how you can replace Mohammad with watson in that story that totally happened, and it makes more sense. I don't even know what the point of it was except "I know a bunch of racist people".

  15. #60
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    It's not just white people. It's people.

    Look at pratters and his dislike for what's happening in his city. Even SEAsian countries have folks that hate Mainland Chinese immigrants and Indian immigrants.

    People are idiots, regardless of race.
    Lots of immigrants hate immigrants. It's F*ck You Got Mine on a large scale.
    Son Of Coco likes this.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How Racist is England?
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 28-06-2016, 11:44 AM
  2. Supposedly Racist KFC Ads
    By Ikki in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 06:18 AM
  3. Are the UK and Australia becoming more or less racist?
    By PhoenixFire in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 15-11-2008, 05:12 PM
  4. FIFA 08 - Racist?!
    By DJellett in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 21-06-2008, 06:49 PM
  5. Kramer's a racist
    By Buddhmaster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •