Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Like Tree448Likes

Thread: Is the world becoming more racist?

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Don't see a path for Marine to get to power, she should win the first round, but all polls (I know) have her getting trashed in the second round.I know its easy to say "Brexit, Trump" etc, but those polls for a long time were at least close. I'd be more concerned about her niece in 2021, unlike her rather dull Aunt, she does have a serious amount of charisma and the hype machine has begun already.

Marine's only hope is she runs against Sarko and most of the left and centre stay at home, she will struggle against Juppe or Fillon.
    I reckon the anti-Anglo strand of France will hold up against a movement that can be fairly easily tarred with the Trump-Brexity brush. Not sure Trump winning was really the thing to get momentum in France.

Netherlands is a different kettle of herrings (but there the worst case scenario is PVV gets 20 %, which means they still have to cooperate with mainstream parties to get anywhere)
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Banned
    The usual and predictable 'majority on minority' stuff.

(Which is why being a sizable majority in your own country is always a good idea)

Myanmar wants ethnic cleansing of Rohingya - UN official

Myanmar is seeking the ethnic cleansing of the Muslim Rohingya minority from its territory, a senior UN official has told the BBC.....

Myanmar wants ethnic cleansing of Rohingya - UN official - BBC News

Nigeria security forces 'killed 150 peaceful pro-Biafra protesters'

Nigeria's security forces have killed more than 150 peaceful protesters since August 2015, a human rights group has claimed.

Amnesty International said the military used live ammunition and deadly force against pro-Biafra protesters who were campaigning for an independent state in the south-east.

Nigeria security forces 'killed 150 peaceful pro-Biafra protesters' - BBC News
    Last edited by watson; 24-11-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Banned
    Himanta Biswa Sarma seems to think that the minority Hindu culture in Assam is worth saving.

Trump calls for mass deportations. This Indian state is already weeding out undocumented Muslims.

As Donald Trump has pledged to throw out up to 3 million undocumented immigrants from the United States, this remote Indian state of 31 million is in the midst of an effort of its own to identify and “weed out” some of the more than 20 million illegal immigrants from Bangladesh living in India.

Officials launched a laborious effort to certify the Bangladeshi population in India two years ago, but the drive that has been infused with new vigor and cash since the governing Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party won state elections in April.

“The Hindu rate of population growth is declining. But the Muslim rate is rising. Most of the Muslims here are from Bangladesh. If this continues, the Assamese Hindus will become a minority soon; we will lose our language, our culture, our identity,” said Himanta Biswa Sarma, finance minister in the Assam government.

Fears that terrorist groups with global backing from neighboring Bangladesh would cross over the border to radicalize local youths have also galvanized the effort, officials say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...mepage%2Fstory

Banned
    Not since WW2 has the state used 'biological profiling' to weed out a separate people.

But the Chinese government is resurrectng that Nazi practice right now in the Xinjiang province.

Anyone care to comment or are we more fixated on Trump?

China confiscates passports of Xinjiang people

Chinese authorities have begun confiscating passports from people in the western region of Xinjiang, which has seen regular unrest.

The move, which the government says is aimed at combating "terrorism", has been criticised by human rights groups.

Many Muslims in Xinjiang say they face widespread discrimination.
    The Chinese government is eager to eradicate sporadic violence in the province, which it blames on Islamist militants.

Uighurs, which makes up about 45% of Xinjiang's population, have often complained about being refused documents allowing them to travel.

In June police in Xinjiang ordered residents to provide DNA samples and other biological data when applying for travel documents.

Under the new regulations all people in Xinjiang are required to hand in their travel documents to police for "safekeeping".

The BBC's Stephen McDonell in Beijing says that all residents must now apply for permission to leave the country before they can retrieve their passports.

China confiscates passports of Xinjiang people - BBC News

China orders Xinjiang residents to turn in passports in bid to block overseas travel

Beijing: Chinese authorities have ordered residents in far western Xinjiang*region to turn in their passports to police in the latest draconian measure targeting the ethnically divided region where 11 million Muslim Uighurs live.

The new regulations require all residents to hand over their travel documents and then apply to get them back if they wish to travel overseas. The state-run Global Timesnewspaper said the policy was designed to "maintain social order" amid the rising spectre of terrorism in the region.

China orders Xinjiang residents to turn in passports in bid to block overseas travel
    Last edited by watson; 26-11-2016 at 03:07 PM.

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    the world (or idiots in it to be fair) has always been racist but the recent events of Brexit and Trump are giving these idiots the thought that being racist is now acceptable..its not.
    vic_orthdox likes this.
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread Information