Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Isis

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    I love this whole meme where people think religion = race.
    If you think it has nothing to do with the large majority of Muslim people having brown skin then you're as dumb as you seem.
    Dan and NZTailender like this.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    I think ISIS are fully aware what will happen and actively encourage it. Firstly it might further galvanise their members into the Islam vs. The West. Secondly they could be thinking that getting countries to close their borders to refugees will force Syrians to join them. My hope is that it's actually a last-ditch desperation play and they'll get progressively weaker.
    Pretty much this.

They're despicable people but they're not stupid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    For the topic at hand, Muslim = Arab so yes it's racist.
    For the record, and funnily enough, my best friend is Muslim. Although he's the Indonesian variety.

Curiously, we have never cared too much about our respective beliefs because it makes no difference as too how we feel about eachother. Its a case of friendship trumps worldview.

However, and here's the rub - "Abu" is quite happy to admit that he is a "Christmas and Easter" Muslim who still prays to Allah but is not quite sure whether the whole thing is true or not. This mindset makes "Abu" tolerant of my views, and I very much respect his. What we both have no time for is the brand of absolutist Islam which seems alll too typical accross the globe, and currently toxic to any given society.
    Last edited by watson; 17-11-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    What we both have no time for is the brand of absolutist Islam which seems alll too typical accross the globe, and currently toxic to any given society.
    Where across the globe? The Saudis are ultraconservative but with some caveats. Other than IS, can you name such an absolutist movement?

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    If you think it has nothing to do with the large majority of Muslim people having brown skin then you're as dumb as you seem.
    I wish I could get this frustrated when I'm wrong

For the topic at hand, Muslim = Arab so yes it's racist.
    Amazing.
    Last edited by Gnske; 17-11-2015 at 08:56 PM.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    I wish I could get this frustrated when I'm wrong.
    You're probably used to it though.

For the record, and funnily enough, my best friend is Muslim. Although he's the Indonesian variety.
    Ah yes, the "I have black friends" defense. Complete with the description of him as a "variety" as if he's some kind of animal species.
    zorax, Fusion and NZTailender like this.

International Vice-Captain
    Pretty much this.

They're despicable people but they're not stupid.
    Yeah I'm wondering if that fake passport was intentionally kept so that it would be discovered later.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    Also the ancient artifacts that they are selling into black markets and looted number of banks over the years. Their net worth is estimated at 2 billion US dollar making them the richest ever terrorist group.
    An overlooked point on this is that the ancient Syrian and Iraqi artifacts are being sold to countries in the area who will pay for them to develop a faux history for themselves.

It's sickening but there are and have been lots of political reasons to support ISIS, both within the Middle East and from overseas.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar

Curiously, we have never cared too much about our respective beliefs because it makes no difference as too how we feel about eachother. Its a case of friendship trumps worldview.

However, and here's the rub - "Abu" is quite happy to admit that he is a "Christmas and Easter" Muslim who still prays to Allah but is not quite sure whether the whole thing is true or not. This mindset makes "Abu" tolerant of my views, and I very much respect his. What we both have no time for is the brand of absolutist Islam which seems alll too typical accross the globe, and currently toxic to any given society.
    How is your friend a Muslim if he doesn't even believe? Belief is fundamental to any religion and not appearance. Empty prayers dont mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    How is your friend a Muslim if he doesn't even believe? Belief is fundamental to any religion and not appearance. Empty prayers dont mean anything.
    If true belief is what makes one a Muslim, then aren't ISIS the truest Muslims here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    If true belief is what makes one a Muslim, then aren't ISIS the truest Muslims here?
    to state the obvious, it depends what you believe in....

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    That's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

to state the obvious, it depends what you believe in....
    That's the point. In today's age rejection of certain tenets is more desirable than steadfast belief.
    ankitj likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    Where across the globe? The Saudis are ultraconservative but with some caveats. Other than IS, can you name such an absolutist movement?
    IMO whenever and wherever Islam gains the political ascendency it tends to morph into absolutism and gross intolerance as a matter of course. For example;

Sharia Showdown | SBS News

Malaysian move toward harsher Islamic law divides opposition | Reuters
    Last edited by watson; 18-11-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Banned
    That's for Allah to decide. Not you or I, or anybody else.
    Last edited by watson; 18-11-2015 at 01:41 AM.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information