Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 221 of 240 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3586
Like Tree1143Likes

Thread: The Official Indian Politics Thread

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    Par for the course for Terroristanis, no?
    Why hasn’t he been banned for this?
    andmark, smalishah84, vcs and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Why hasn’t he been banned for this?
    Seriously dunno; even I reported.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Well he is now anyways

It was accidentally given a warning (same category but 0 points). It's been rectified now.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

U19 12th Man
    Not traitors. Simply Islamic slaves.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/rahulpand...12830482046978

Quote Originally Posted by shifty_eyes View Post
    Not traitors. Simply Islamic slaves.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/rahulpand...12830482046978
    There used to be three types of people in Kashmir: 1. stooges, 2. separatists, 3. constitutionalists. The move by Modi and Shah has shown option 3 is not an option anymore. You can either be a stooge or a separatist. I have more respect for the second class now to be honest (i.e. those separatists who are not terrorists). My understanding is that the majority of people in Kashmir want Independent Kashmir - only a small part want to either be part of India (more) or Pakistan (less).
    Last edited by weldone; 18-08-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    There used to be three types of people in Kashmir: 1. stooges, 2. separatists, 3. constitutionalists. The move by Modi and Shah has shown option 3 is not an option anymore. You can either be a stooge or a separatist. I have more respect for the second class now to be honest (i.e. those separatists who are not terrorists). My understanding is that the majority of people in Kashmir want Independent Kashmir - only a small part want to either be part of India (more) or Pakistan (less).
    Really? I think more people in Kashmir wanted to join Pakistan (compared to the people wanting to join India)
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Really? I think more people in Kashmir wanted to join Pakistan (compared to the people wanting to join India)
    Both are <10% each anyways. More than 80% people want Azad Kashmir - as per anyone who knows ground realities in Kashmir.

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Both are <10% each anyways. More than 80% people want Azad Kashmir - as per anyone who knows ground realities in Kashmir.
    I know plenty of kashmiris actually, like a lot. I don't know where you get the 80% figure but yeah I would also guess that most would want independence. I don't think it would be as high as 80% though. If I had to take a guess I would put at 60-65%. Which is still very significant of course.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    i know a lot of kashmiris too and they mostly want to join papua new guniea as a state

i have it on good authority that it is like 93-97%

verifiable facts and figures pls or gtfo
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    i know a lot of kashmiris too and they mostly want to join papua new guniea as a state

i have it on good authority that it is like 93-97%

verifiable facts and figures pls or gtfo
    Yeah, I don't have any verifiable figures. Which is why was pulling guesses out of my own sample. But 80% sounds too high to me. I would be surprised if that is the figure

Banned
    https://m.economictimes.com/news/pol...w/70729312.cms

'According to sources, ED wants to quiz Thackeray on his exit from the group. The probe has revealed IL&FS group had invested Rs 225 crore in the company. In 2008, IL&FS surrendered its shares for only Rs 90 crore and booked a loss. Thackeray exited the consortium by selling his shares, the same year'.

Banned
    https://www.financialexpress.com/ind...-deal/1674631/

"Reliance-Aramco Deal: Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani’s decision to sell 20 percent stake of his firm’s oil-to-chemicals business to Saudi national oil company Aramco will allow RIL to have a strong presence in the global petrochemicals market dominated by western oil giants. Petrochemicals market that is pegged at over $540 billion in 2018 is expected to grow at the compound rate of more than 8% over the next decade. There are synergies between the operations of two companies as Reliance is shifting its focus from oils-to-chemicals while Aramco has the world’s largest petrochemical cracker plant, said a top former official."

Wonder if this will have a geopolitical impact in the region. India has shared good relationships with Iran over oil. Worth keeping an eye on this.

I usually believe in referendums when a majority a large population want to seperate but I honestly can't get the moral argument for a referendum when the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (liberation movement of Kashmir to this day) essentially forced out 300,000 - 500,000 Kashmiri Pundits in 89-90 from the Kashmir Valley for being Indian informers/agents with little to no resistance from the rest of the population. To contextualize, the population of Kashmiri Pundits in the valley as of date is below 5000. A majority of their property (which they owned a significant amount of in the valley) was either sold for stress prices under duress or left to be stolen by squatters.

Are their votes not to be considered because they were ejected? If the argument is that they can come back and claim their vote, why would they trust the same movement/party which ejected them? It's like asking the Polish Jews to go back to Poland from Israel to claim their rights during the mid-20th century. If the argument is that their voice would not matter for a referendum since they would still be a minority, it's essentially a tyranny by majority against a minority which were physically removed from their property within a very short span of time.

The way to make a moral case for separation is to start with how the independent state will redress, compensate and reassure the Kashmiri Pundit population IMO because until then any call for a referendum has the background of the very same separatist movement physically ejecting dissenting voters.

I fully understand that the Indian Army has brutally repressed the Kashmir Valley and why young people from the region might be inclined to be antagonistic towards India. That is in no way any relief to Kashmiri Pundits though. It just makes their return even more dangerous due to the hostile atmosphere created due to the actions of the Indian army.

I'm open to having my mind changed though and largely only understand this issue from a legal POV so welcome any contrary arguments.
    weldone, smalishah84, vcs and 2 others like this.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    I usually believe in referendums when a majority a large population want to seperate but I honestly can't get the moral argument for a referendum when the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (liberation movement of Kashmir to this day) essentially forced out 300,000 - 500,000 Kashmiri Pundits in 89-90 from the Kashmir Valley for being Indian informers/agents with little to no resistance from the rest of the population. To contextualize, the population of Kashmiri Pundits in the valley as of date is below 5000. A majority of their property (which they owned a significant amount of in the valley) was either sold for stress prices under duress or left to be stolen by squatters.

Are their votes not to be considered because they were ejected? If the argument is that they can come back and claim their vote, why would they trust the same movement/party which ejected them? It's like asking the Polish Jews to go back to Poland from Israel to claim their rights during the mid-20th century. If the argument is that their voice would not matter for a referendum since they would still be a minority, it's essentially a tyranny by majority against a minority which were physically removed from their property within a very short span of time.

The way to make a moral case for separation is to start with how the independent state will redress, compensate and reassure the Kashmiri Pundit population IMO because until then any call for a referendum has the background of the very same separatist movement physically ejecting dissenting voters.

I fully understand that the Indian Army has brutally repressed the Kashmir Valley and why young people from the region might be inclined to be antagonistic towards India. That is in no way any relief to Kashmiri Pundits though. It just makes their return even more dangerous due to the hostile atmosphere created due to the actions of the Indian army.

I'm open to having my mind changed though and largely only understand this issue from a legal POV so welcome any contrary arguments.
    Agree. There must be a way for Kashmiri Pandits to be able to vote in a referendum whenever that takes place, regardless of where they are staying now. But no political party cares for Pandits anyways (including BJP) - that's why Modi didn't utter a word about them in his 39 minute speech or in the 5 years before that. So, they probably will not get their say.

Thread Information