Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 206 of 241 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3604
Like Tree1147Likes

Thread: The Official Indian Politics Thread

  1. #3076
    International 12th Man Kirkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mumbai <--> Arlington, TX
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Arnab Goswami is such a clown. I wonder if he actually has a sizeable following?
    He was quite popular in the beginning because sensationalist form of journalism was very new to India, before him we had polite Rahul Kanwal and debates were pretty moderate compared to passionate ones in Fox News.

  2. #3077
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    18,136
    Imran Khan: "When the Japanese in the in Second World War indulged in kamikaze..when pilots who blew themselves up on American ships but no one blamed Japanese religion for it."

    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  3. #3078
    International 12th Man Kirkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mumbai <--> Arlington, TX
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Imran Khan: "When the Japanese in the in Second World War indulged in kamikaze..when pilots who blew themselves up on American ships but no one blamed Japanese religion for it."

    Imperial Japan were Buddhists for namesake, they were not serious followers. Anyways Imran Khan is digressing from the issue, the blame is not on the religion but to take action against terror camps on their own soil.

  4. #3079
    International Coach ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11,506
    AFAIK, Shinto faith and its elements of king worship came under some serious scrutiny. Japan went on to do some serious introspection and reshaped their society to the extent that today it is barely recognizable from its colonial era self. Which other society is volunteering to do such self reflection, Mr. Khan?
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*


  5. #3080
    International Coach ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11,506

  6. #3081
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,505

  7. #3082
    State Vice-Captain Heboric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,331
    I was going to post about this , I wasnt sure if this was the right thread.

    Anyone from Chennai on this forum ?

    I am from Cape Town where it almost happened, and it was a horrible experience just thinking about Day Zero. You had to take real quick showers and only use 50l of water a day. Plus it takes such a lot of water to flush a toilet if you did a number 2

  8. #3083
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    33,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Heboric View Post
    I was going to post about this , I wasnt sure if this was the right thread.

    Anyone from Chennai on this forum ?

    I am from Cape Town where it almost happened, and it was a horrible experience just thinking about Day Zero. You had to take real quick showers and only use 50l of water a day. Plus it takes such a lot of water to flush a toilet if you did a number 2
    Hb lives there. I think Shri does as well, not sure about any others.

    Apparently it's rained a bit which has provided a bit of respite.
    Heboric likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

  9. #3084
    State Vice-Captain Heboric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Hb lives there. I think Shri does as well, not sure about any others.

    Apparently it's rained a bit which has provided a bit of respite.
    Ah, good to hear

  10. #3085
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NDTV Propaganda Office
    Posts
    8,250
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Still in awe of this writing by Teja - found it and re-read after a couple of years as this is more relevant than ever
    Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    That was a brilliantly enlightening post. Thanks for bringing it up.
    Thanks guys, now reminded I never actually finished it, and the part regarding the history of education in India is actually a lot more interesting. Will try to sneakily spend a couple of hours at work doing it in the next few days.
    andmark likes this.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

  11. #3086
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Thanks guys, now reminded I never actually finished it, and the part regarding the history of education in India is actually a lot more interesting. Will try to sneakily spend a couple of hours at work doing it in the next few days.
    keen to read
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

  12. #3087
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,000
    Anyone knows what the Government plans regarding air pollution through the entire Northern India? Currently 22 out of the 30 most polluted cities in In the world are from India (mostly North India), and the situation will become an emergency very soon...

  13. #3088
    International Debutant srbhkshk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    :O
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Anyone knows what the Government plans regarding air pollution through the entire Northern India? Currently 22 out of the 30 most polluted cities in In the world are from India (mostly North India), and the situation will become an emergency very soon...
    It's a self-solving problem, anyone who feels it enough to complain would die in some time anyway.
    zorax likes this.

  14. #3089
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    30,945
    Quote Originally Posted by srbhkshk View Post
    It's a self-solving problem, anyone who feels it enough to complain would die in some time anyway.
    Yep, just like terminal illnesses

  15. #3090
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,000
    Quote Originally Posted by srbhkshk View Post
    It's a self-solving problem, anyone who feels it enough to complain would die in some time anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yep, just like terminal illnesses
    That's very reassuring. Air pollution will reduce after people die. Indeed.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Indian politics thread
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-05-2009, 02:09 AM
  2. Sri Lanka Thread
    By chaminda_00 in forum 2009 ICC World Twenty20
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 05:29 AM
  3. Indian Politics Thread
    By Precambrian in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •