Page 105 of 243 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3642
Like Tree1153Likes

Thread: The Official Indian Politics Thread

Govt really ought to tame Togadia, Adityanath etc. Such ass*****
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Wasn't Togadia kicked out?

This sort of ghettosim needs to be reined in if we're to avoid becoming another Pakistan.
    If some reports are to be believed perhaps you guys are not too far behind in some regards

I met an indian guy here in the US who said that apparently it is quite difficult to for muslims to buy property in the capital of gujarat. I found it hard to believe and looked it up and there was some evidence to suggest that. Which I think was quite ridiculous considering India prides itself on its apparent secularity

Special Report - In Modi's India, a case of rule and divide | Reuters
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    India prides itself on its apparent secularity
    We do? Pretty ****ing stupid if true.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    We do? Pretty ****ing stupid if true.
    Not very stupid. It is no mean feat to keep communal peace in 1.2 billion people. And that too for a country that isn't first world.

If some reports are to be believed perhaps you guys are not too far behind in some regards

I met an indian guy here in the US who said that apparently it is quite difficult to for muslims to buy property in the capital of gujarat. I found it hard to believe and looked it up and there was some evidence to suggest that. Which I think was quite ridiculous considering India prides itself on its apparent secularity

Special Report - In Modi's India, a case of rule and divide | Reuters
    Well, do Muslims have a hard time purchasing property in Pakistan due to the mere fact of their religion at all? Because some Hindus do in India. There were schools in Malabar that shut down the mid day meals for all kids during Ramazan after being pressurised by the parents of the Muslim kids. Kashmiri Pandits still can't regain their properties after being forced out by the rest of the population. There are areas of Mumbai that are ghettos of the affluent variety where Jains/Hindus/Muslims do not permit others to buy in. I just wish people would stop pretending that the problem exists in only one direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Well, do Muslims have a hard time purchasing property in Pakistan due to the mere fact of their religion at all? Because some Hindus do in India. There were schools in Malabar that shut down the mid day meals for all kids during Ramazan after being pressurised by the parents of the Muslim kids. Kashmiri Pandits still can't regain their properties after being forced out by the rest of the population. There are areas of Mumbai that are ghettos of the affluent variety where Jains/Hindus/Muslims do not permit others to buy in. I just wish people would stop pretending that the problem exists in only one direction.
    I don't see what your point is? Are you saying that two wrongs make a right?

No, I'm saying selective consciousness is a thing.

So you are saying that the media is only portraying one side of the story?

So you are saying that the media is only portraying one side of the story?
    That doesn't even begin to describe what media does here. Just search #Presstitutes trend on Twitter.

Pretty sure you haven't heard of Belur Math blast; not many in India have. Now I don't know if there was religious motivation to it (how will I if they don't cover it!). But if this was not a Hindu site, but Muslim or Christan, there would be blaring new debates on secularism being under threat. Didn't that just happen after the distressful rape of an old nun in West Bengal? TV debates focused on how "Hindu right wing" is creating an environment of fear for minorities. Soon it turned out the perpetrators were illegal Bangladeshi immigrants. That would have been the most likely outcome anyways given the location of where the incident happened and how the immigrants are without job and therefore often miscreants in the region. No follow up debates on immigrant problem on TV news channels on this.
    Last edited by ankitj; 08-04-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    G.I.Joe likes this.

Fair point, I haven't heard of these blasts but then i hadn't heard of people not being able to buy property in the capital of gujarat, which i found quite incredible. Now, i don't know what the whole story is but this doesn't sound like something i would be expecting from a secular republic.

Don't bother googling it. The media does not cover that which does not fit their narrative.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    Govt really ought to tame Togadia, Adityanath etc. Such ass*****
    I swear I read something about Togadia being ostracised by the RSS.

Edit: Here it is - How Modi cut Togadia down to size in Gujarat
    and http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/...i_1519716.html

The dick's trying his best to seem like he calls the shots at any level.
    Last edited by G.I.Joe; 08-04-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    The mainstream Indian media try to put a communal colour on everything and it's really annoying. Take the recent story they ran on "saffronisation" of Indian text books when all the minister said was he wanted to include people like Aryabhatta and Subhash Bose in a more prominent way because they've been overlooked when it comes to school curriculum, which is very true. Despite him not saying anything about removing Newton and Akbar, the media had headlines about how the right wing was "replacing Newton pythagoras and Akbar with Hindu nationals". Sure, the right wing could still do that, who knows, but the reporting is aimed at selling a very specific narrative which the media wants to propagate.
    ankitj and G.I.Joe like this.

Rating agency Moody?s changed India?s outlook to positive from stable - The Hindu

Rating agency Moody’s on Thursday changed India’s outlook to positive from stable, saying that the government is taking steps to improve economic strength and stressed that a rating upgrade could follow in about 12 to 18 months times.“Moody’s decision to revise the ratings outlook to positive from stable is based on its view that there is an increasing probability that actions by policy makers will enhance the country’s economic strength and, in turn, the sovereign’s financial strength over coming years,” the US-based agency said in a statement.
    Moody’s has a ‘Baa3’ rating on India, which stands for below investment grade.

“The ability of policymakers to strengthen India’s sovereign credit profile to a level consistent with a higher rating will become apparent over the next 12-18 months,” Moody’s said.
    It said favourable demographics, economic diversity, as well as high savings and investment rates would act as structural advantage for India. Besides, relatively benign global commodity prices and liquidity conditions, will keep India’s growth higher, Moody’s Investors Service said.

“Moody’s India upgrade validates: government reform thrust, better growth, macro outlook, budget strategy of public investment, fiscal discipline,” Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian tweeted.
    The rating agency, however, said that recurrent inflationary pressures, occasional balance of payments pressures, and an uncertain regulatory environment have led to volatility in growth and exposed India to financial shocks, thereby constraining its credit profile.

“The recent measures to address inflation, keep external balances in check, simplify the regulatory regime for investors, increase foreign direct investment, and facilitate infrastructure development will reduce some of India’s sovereign credit constraints,” it said.
    Propagandists will keep harping on how the govt is anti poor and anti farmer. Truth is that after a long time we have got a govt that has its eye set on the long term. Perhaps first since Narsimha Rao's govt.
    Last edited by ankitj; 09-04-2015 at 12:19 AM.

PM Modi Launches Rs 20,000 Crore Mudra Bank to Fund the Unfunded - NDTVProfit.com

This will be a good boost to small businesses, which would obviously be essential to compliment industries and agriculture for providing enough employment for the ever increasing labour force. I just wish land bill had gone through to remove the bottleneck for infrastructure development and generate even more employment.

Thread Information