Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 740 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 24064069073073873974074174275079084012401740 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 26863
Like Tree10277Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    That's OK, I'm not trying to change his mind. Anyway, here's my hot take on why I've been more positive about Clinton as this election's gone on:

Wikileaks. Hillary Clinton, one of the most scheming, corrupt politicians in history, and here we have thousands of private campaign emails that surely would uncover some illegal shady **** that would get her convicted. Except there's been nothing. Even though everyone has been combing through the emails for months, the most that was found was other people in the DNC doing questionable things (yes, yes I know, getting a debate question in advance is literally Hitler). People have literally had to make stuff up because they couldn't fund any smoking guns. I was actually surprised at the lack of anything substantial. I would go as far to say this has been one of the most unintentionally transparent campaigns in history.
    I would say her role as secretary of state in the American intervention in libya, syria etc. have been complete disasters.

International Vice-Captain
    OK, but that's something that was known before the general election started up.

Edit: This is the sort of stuff that would have been pertinent to discuss months ago. If Trump didn't have the attention span of a toddler I would have liked to see her response to being grilled on it. But EMAILS were far more important.
    Last edited by RossTaylorsBox; 06-11-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    I would say her role as secretary of state in the American intervention in libya, syria etc. have been complete disasters.
    I doubt America would have reacted particularly differently with anyone else in her position during the Arab Spring.
    Anil likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Bernie Sanders would have ensured everlasting world peace.

State Captain
    Bernie Sanders would have ensured everlasting world peace.
    Yes he would have #bernforlife

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    I don't think you really get what being objective is. It's not posting incessantly about a single thing and kind of glossing over everything else. That's what I meant when I said half your posts here are about EMAILS. There are a bunch of other issues in this campaign but you spend hardly any posts talking about them so your "objective" viewpoint pertains to just this one issue, which happens to be one that is bad for Clinton. Sure you can claim that you post about it a lot because it's an important issue (it's not), but don't pretend that you're providing a reasonable overview of the election when you ignore 90% of everything else that's going on. I wouldn't even say you're objective on the email stuff. For someone who thinks they're woke to it, I've had to correct you on your misrepresentation on what happened at least once in the past.

There's a very obvious reason why I've had to spend more time bashing her email business than I have criticising Trump here, & that's simply because we're almost all in agreement about what a egotistical narcissist Trump is, nobody is claiming otherwise.

People have been claiming otherwise in terms of whether the email business & her subsequent lies should be any issue at all to the American people, whether that be on a level of national security or one of integrity and transparency. So when I read there's 'nothing to see here' and that 'she didn't lie about anything', I feel the need to point out otherwise, and don't feel the need to pretend it didn't happen, just because her opponent is a *****. That is actually being objective.

Not sure if you saw this post from Spark in the Aust/SA tour thread & my response, but ironically it sums this thread superbly as well.

Amazing nuance in this thread. Either a player is amazing and unimpeachable or a complete hack with no in-between. A+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    So pretty much the same as in the American Politics thread then
    Fair
    Ausage likes this.

Protip: Don't make politics your next career move.

That's OK, I'm not trying to change his mind. Anyway, here's my hot take on why I've been more positive about Clinton as this election's gone on:

Wikileaks. Hillary Clinton, one of the most scheming, corrupt politicians in history, and here we have thousands of private campaign emails that surely would uncover some illegal shady **** that would get her convicted. Except there's been nothing. Even though everyone has been combing through the emails for months, the most that was found was other people in the DNC doing questionable things (yes, yes I know, getting a debate question in advance is literally Hitler). People have literally had to make stuff up because they couldn't fund any smoking guns. I was actually surprised at the lack of anything substantial. I would go as far to say this has been one of the most unintentionally transparent campaigns in history.
    yeah i started with the premise that while she is a politician with all the common foibles of one, all her considerable positives significantly outweigh her few negatives and i haven't seen anything as of now to make me change my mind...repubs have had their knife into the clintons for decades although i didn't realize the intensity of their hatred until this election...they have tried to dig up anything and everything and when they didn't find anything significant, they just made stuff up as is their wont...enough people bought into it or were turned off to make this a close election, it should have been a 50 state romp for her against an opponent like this...

There's a very obvious reason why I've had to spend more time bashing her email business than I have criticising Trump here, & that's simply because we're almost all in agreement about what a egotistical narcissist Trump is, nobody is claiming otherwise.

People have been claiming otherwise in terms of whether the email business & her subsequent lies should be any issue at all to the American people, whether that be on a level of national security or one of integrity and transparency. So when I read there's 'nothing to see here' and that 'she didn't lie about anything', I feel the need to point out otherwise, and don't feel the need to pretend it didn't happen, just because her opponent is a *****. That is actually being objective.

Not sure if you saw this post from Spark in the Aust/SA tour thread & my response, but ironically it sums this thread superbly as well.
    Quote where people have said "there's nothing to see" or "she didn't lie about anything" or pretended it didn't happen. Because as far as I can remember no one has ever said the email thing isn't a thing that happened. This is different to thinking that it's unimportant, which is a subjective thing.

FBI again said there's nothing to prosecute Clinton for emails. As Bernie said "the American people are tired of your damned emails." He was damn right imo and I'm glad he never made it a topic for the primaries because there literally is **** all in there.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    repubs have had their knife into the clintons for decades although i didn't realize the intensity of their hatred until this election...they have tried to dig up anything and everything and when they didn't find anything significant, they just made stuff up as is their wont...enough people bought into it or were turned off to make this a close election,
    Haha, you're hilarious, like only one side plays that game of lies and innuendo. It must be great living in such a black and white world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    it should have been a 50 state romp for her against an opponent like this...
    Stop making that point if it's a point in her favor. It's the opposite. Any half decent democratic candidate & it would have been a romp. Not a 50 state romp, because anyone who knows anything about American politics knows that wouldn't happen, but it would have been as convincing a margin as we're seen for donkeys years if it were anyone else.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    What American intervention in Syria?
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    FBI again said there's nothing to prosecute Clinton for emails. As Bernie said "the American people are tired of your damned emails." He was damn right imo and I'm glad he never made it a topic for the primaries because there literally is **** all in there.
    This black and white world we live in again I see. Just because the FBI didn't think they could prove 100% there was enough intent to set a new precedence to prosecute & send her to prison, doesn't suddenly mean that it was meaningless & that she didn't continuously lie about it, including after Bernie made that comment about people being tired of it.

The American people still have every right to question her about her integrity, transparency and judgement whether the FBI decided not to do something unprecedented or whether Bernie decided he gets to talk for all Americans. One thing we do know for sure, is that Bernie couldn't have been more wrong with that statement.

This black and white world we live in again I see. Just because the FBI didn't think they could prove 100% there was enough intent to set a new precedence to prosecute & send her to prison, doesn't suddenly mean that it was meaningless & that she didn't continuously lie about it, including after Bernie made that comment about people being tired of it.

The American people still have every right to question her about her integrity, transparency and judgement whether the FBI decided not to do something unprecedented or whether Bernie decided he gets to talk for all Americans. One thing we do know for sure, is that Bernie couldn't have been more wrong with that statement.
    Here's the thing though. Is it important enough that it's merited way more coverage than literally every policy issue combined?

Thread Information