Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 687 of 1759 FirstFirst ... 18758763767768568668768868969773778711871687 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,305 of 26372
Like Tree10111Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    At least the next republican candidate can hopefully run on the fact that 'I'm not an unhinged ****head' and appeal to sensible (somewhat at least) policy.

I think Bill Maher is right to point out that the supposed 'leadership' should have shot Trump down as soon as the birther stuff was coming out. They created the monster by not consistently denouncing him, a bit late now to say 'oops' and claim the moral high ground. Probably the one thing Trump had right, the current mob are uninspiring and weak.
    They thought they could control him, and they thought he was just putting on an act of crazy, rather than just being crazy, and he'd temper it a bit. They were very wrong. TBH I think even his opponents over-estimated his sanity.

One of Hillary's recent ads shows a bit of Alex Jones, some have said it's wrong to publicise the nutjob more, but it's the right thing to do. In the end much of what Trump says when off-script is straight from infowars, and starts from the birtherism. The drugs reference he came up for Hilary the other day was straight from it because remember Infowars told us that HRC was practically at deaths door about a month ago, so Jones said she was pumped up with drugs when she mullered the Donald in the debates. He believes it completely,he probably didn't prep for the first debate because he thought she's fall down dead from whatever illness they say she's got which goes from, Aids, Dementia, Parkinsons, being the devil, in fact she's a remarkable woman to still be with us. Now it's electoral fraud and the need for patriots to be vigilant, could be Jones talking.

If the Cheeto Benito wasn't born into a rich family he'd be sitting in a trailer-park with in a tin-foil hat on and an horde of weapons to stop him from being deported by the Muslim Obama for being white and Christian, even though ironically like many of his ilk he would never have done anything remotely christian in his life.

On a less deranged note I do wish your first sentence will be correct, but of course the ALTernative is that someone might run on a fascist ticket like Trump, who is less unhinged and may win. In the end the people in the primaries will be roughly the same, the same rhetoric will work again I'd imagine, because 'Trump is right on one thing he won big in those.
    Last edited by grecian; 17-10-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

_Ed_ and OverratedSanity like this.

It'd be so good if trump news ends up cornering the conspiracy loon market, putting infowars out of business.
    RossTaylorsBox likes this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

International Vice-Captain
    Haha, I hadn't thought about that.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    It'd be so good if trump news ends up cornering the conspiracy loon market, putting infowars out of business.
    Alex Jones will end up getting a cleaning gig there.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    What a strawman that's not what he said and your argument to the contrary isn't even close to being true. Ausage's point is spot on...for the most part, it's very straightforward to live a comfortable existence for most places in the west. In Australia it's still relatively easy. Relative being the key word. Perspective and a sense of history is lost here.
    I don't know how you define 'most part', 'straightforward', 'comfortable' and 'relatively easy'.

But it doesn't matter whether or not you think that.

Because this discussion isn't about you.

This discussion is about the people who are actually living those lives are now speaking up in large numbers about how difficult it is for them to keep living those lives.

To actually look at them, to hear their concerns with the structures and systems in place that leave them trapped and struggling in existences they feel are miserable, and to just completely disregard that because you feel that it is 'relatively easy and straightforward for the most part to have a comfortable existence in the west' is absolutely disgusting. You are being condescending. Patronizing. You are, to borrow a phrase I have seen Dan use a lot, denying their experiences.

Maybe just put aside what you feel, and listen to what they feel. The people actually living in those situations. Instead of trying to talk them down, just hear their problems and instead join the discussion on how things can be made better for them. Because it is their existent. Their struggle. Not yours. And so whether or no you feel it's a real problem is not up for discussion. It is a real problem because real people are saying so.

And I'm also not putting words in your or Ausages or Zinzan's mouths when I say that you all seem to think that people stuck in bad situations are there because they are lazy. It's the logical conclusion I get from your statements. Because when you try to say 'it's straightforward for most people to have a comfortable existence' and 'most of the homeless are just mentally ill' and 'if you work hard enough then a comfortable existence is achievable' as though those are all a statements fact, then what you are implying is that anyone who is not living a comfortable existence is either:
    1) Not working hard
    2) Mentally ill

You completely ignore the existence of people who work hard, struggle, and are mentally sound and yet have no way out of their situations in spite of that. And those people are all speaking up now. And you are literally going 'nah, you group don't exist' or 'nah, you are in the very very tiny minority and so your struggles don't matter'.

Do you honestly not get how this is a bad thing to do?
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Zorax you are expecting someone who calls himself a Libertarian to have some empathy for other people. Might as well expect me to have a good word for a Tory.

Heard a stat that the average Trump supporter in the primaries was earning $72,000. So the whole rust belt myth in undermined a little.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    Heard a stat that the average Trump supporter in the primaries was earning $72,000. So the whole rust belt myth in undermined a little.
    What kind of an average is that? Mean salaries are going to look much bigger than average due to the massive top end.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

It's median household incomes.

Just bet someone a steak that Trump wins. Will make it a better day.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Just bet someone a steak that Trump wins. Will make it a better day.
    You reckon Trump wins? It's not looking good right now.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    You reckon Trump wins? It's not looking good right now.
    Nope. Just insuring my day if he does.

Better be a Trump steak.
    zorax, _Ed_ and Jono like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    That's a ****** thing to say considering they never existed, you monster.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 18-10-2016 at 05:03 AM.

Thread Information