Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 638 of 1744 FirstFirst ... 13853858862863663763863964064868873811381638 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 26158
Like Tree10053Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    he is just trying to bait...most of pence's beliefs except for maybe his religious ones are right in his wheelhouse...
    I wasn't defending Pence or trying to bait. I was just highlighting a double-standard in what has been a pretty toxic election.

But then again, both Trump and Clinton have that effect on people so it's not entirely unexpected.

sometimes they do matter...the 2012 vp debate was very important for the obama campaign because he was perceived as having lost the 1st presidential debate to romney...he took a hit in the polls and biden was able to stop the bleeding with a robust performance against ryan...
    nightprowler10 likes this.

Watson if you were voting in the American elections who would you have voted for?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Watson if you were voting in the American elections who would you have voted for?
    Same as most Federal Australian elections - no one.

However, I did vote in the last State election because I liked what Luke Foley (Labor) had to say and saw straight through Baird. Foley is also an Executive Member of the Victor Trumper Society which has to be a plus.

Banned
    Trump is a crass buffon but he is much less of a hypocrit than Clinton who really does irritate me for that reason. For example;

Clinton Foundation Donors Got Weapons Deals From Hillary Clinton's State Department

Even by the standards of arms deals between the United States and Saudi Arabia, this one was enormous. A consortium of American defense contractors led by Boeing would deliver $29 billion worth of advanced fighter jets to the United States' oil-rich ally in the Middle East.

Israeli officials were agitated, reportedly complaining to the Obama administration that this substantial enhancement to Saudi air power risked disrupting the region's fragile balance of power. The deal appeared to collide with the State Department’s documented concerns about the repressive policies of the Saudi royal family.

But now, in late 2011, Hillary Clinton’s State Department was formally clearing the sale, asserting that it was in the national interest. At press conferences in Washington to announce the department’s approval, an assistant secretary of state, Andrew Shapiro, declared that the deal had been“a top priority” for Clinton personally. Shapiro, a longtime aide to Clinton since her Senate days, added that the “U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army have excellent relationships in Saudi Arabia.”

These were not the only relationships bridging leaders of the two nations. In the years before Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia contributed at least $10 million to the Clinton Foundation, the philanthropic enterprise she has overseen with her husband, former president Bill Clinton. Just two months before the deal was finalized, Boeing -- the defense contractor that manufactures one of the fighter jets the Saudis were especially keen to acquire, the F-15 -- contributed $900,000 to the Clinton Foundation, according to a company press release....

Clinton Foundation Donors Got Weapons Deals From Hillary Clinton's State Department

Hillary Clinton’s Connections to the Oil and Gas Industry

Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Super PAC supporting her have received more than $6.9 million from the fossil fuel industry.

......First, there are the direct contributions from people working for fossil fuel companies to Clinton’s campaign committee. According to the most recent filings, the committee has received $309,101*(as of April 11, 2016; source: Center for Responsive Politics for oil and gasand coal) from such donors.

Next are the fossil fuel lobbyists, many of whom have also bundled contributions. These donations also flow to Clinton’s campaign committee. Greenpeace has tracked $2,650,580*in bundled and direct donations from lobbyists currently registered as lobbying for the fossil fuel industry.

Last are contributions from fossil fuel interests to Super PACs supporting Hillary Clinton. Greenpeace has found $4,000,000 in donations from large donors connected to the fossil fuel industry to Priorities Action USA, a Super PAC supporting Secretary Clinton’s campaign.

Hillary Clinton?s Connections to the Oil and Gas Industry - Greenpeace USA

Is Wall Street a problem for Hillary Clinton?

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, between 1999 and 2016 Mrs Clinton raised a total of over $400m (278m) from all donors for her four campaigns (two for senate, two for the president).

The biggest group supporting her throughout that time have been lawyers - many of whom represent big banks and retirees - who are the largest group of donors to nearly every campaign in 2016.

But three of her top five individual donors have been Wall Street banks - Goldman Sachs, Citibank, and JP Morgan.

And throughout her career, donors from the securities and investment sector have donated over $14m, while those classified as working in the finance and commercial banking industry have added another $7.8m.

Mrs Clinton's recent tax returns and detailed press reports suggest she earned substantial sums giving speeches to big banks up until she launched her presidential campaign. In 2013 she typically received $225,000 per speech.

When asked why she had accepted $675,000 from Goldman Sachs for three speeches, the Democratic front-runner said that was the amount the bank had offered......

Is Wall Street a problem for Hillary Clinton? - BBC News
    Which explains why Clinton stone-walled Sanders idea of reforming the finance sector and breaking-up the mega-banks during her debates with him.

It''s all so cynical.
    Last edited by watson; 05-10-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Same as most Federal Australian elections - no one.

However, I did vote in the last State election because I liked what Luke Foley (Labor) had to say and saw straight through Baird. Foley is also an Executive Member of the Victor Trumper Society which has to be a plus.
    I voted for an anarchist in that election.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Banned
    Also, a politician can still be a Populist while being in bed with the 'elites' if they claim to have moral superiority over the opposition and play the divisive game of Wedge-Politics. Clinton does this remarkably well.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rk-side-europe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Well we all make mistakes
    Last edited by watson; 05-10-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Also, a politician can still be a Populist while being in bed with the 'elites' if they claim to have moral superiority over the opposition and play the divisive game of Wedge-Politics. Clinton does this remarkably well.

So you do prefer Trump to Clinton

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    So you do prefer Trump to Clinton
    That's a bit like asking me whether I 'prefer' Ishant Sharma over Martin McCague? But what the hell, Ishant Sharma it is.
    Zinzan likes this.

International Vice-Captain

No it can't, once again Clinton isn't populist and you have no idea what you're talking about.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    This seems like an oxymoron.
    indiaholic, watson and zorax like this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    This seems like an oxymoron.
    He did so by writing "**** the police" on the ballot and then eating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Dan
    Frosty was robbed.
    Prince EWS likes this.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Last edited by Prince EWS; 06-10-2016 at 07:07 AM.

Thread Information