Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 637 of 1744 FirstFirst ... 13753758762763563663763863964768773711371637 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 26150
Like Tree10052Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Pence did well due to running away from every Trump comment

Kaine is obviously the lesser of 2 evils as anyone who has a clue about Pence's politics, but it was messy performance tonight. Out of context attacks on Trump and bar abortion debate didn't really pin down Pence down that much, and his blandness, but heh it means little in the grand scheme of things.

Abysmal moderating though.
    It wasn't Lester moderating again was it?

They should get Don Lemon to moderate if they want the softest of the soft being dominated by superior human beings and some inferior democrats to compound the misery.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    pence is a disgusting human being, an acronym for a tea party darling...
    Yeah I'm aware that I won't agree with his politics or his ethical positions, but I can't fault his character in that debate. Can get a bit tired of "us" vs. "them" politics, the more lines you draw in the sand the deeper divisions become.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

yes i do, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    It wasn't Lester moderating again was it?

They should get Don Lemon to moderate if they want the softest of the soft being dominated by superior human beings and some inferior democrats to compound the misery.
    Can't recall her name, but she was lovely, but a doormat in that debate, basically the moderator of Trump's dreams.

Also

Nail. Meets. Head.

https://twitter.com/AlecMacGillis/st...90449747091456
    Gnske likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    pence is a disgusting human being, a synonym for a tea party darling...
    The irony Anil is that you often sound worse than Donald Trump. It's deplorable.

don't bite Anil. This thread is littered with watson vs. the world arguments and its no good.

On the debate - worth a watch for those that didn't get a chance to see it? Doesn't sound like it was as fun as Biden vs Ryan last year
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    don't bite Anil. This thread is littered with watson vs. the world arguments and its no good.
    i know, no point at all, he just posts something to bait people, doesn't have to make sense and usually doesn't...

the debate was certainly not as lively as 2012, there was no colorful personality like biden...both kaine and pence are pretty boring people and i guess their dullness "shone" through tonight...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Pence did well due to running away from every Trump comment

Abysmal moderating though.
    An obvious predetermined tactic though, otherwise he would have been playing defense all night like Trump did in his. Kind of the yin to Trump's yang in that respect.

Not sure the moderator could have done much, Kane asked the same Tax question about 5 times regardless of what section they were on.

Many are already suggesting that was Pence running for 2020 more than anything else.
    RossTaylorsBox likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    The funniest thing to come out of this is that apparently Trump wasn't pleased that Pence did better than him.
    _Ed_ likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

On the debate - worth a watch for those that didn't get a chance to see it? Doesn't sound like it was as fun as Biden vs Ryan last year
    Nah, just check out the highlights later.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Watching American-style debates is like watching Nascar, only in it for the crashes. That aside, there's absolutely nothing of value watching people sloganeering at each other.
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    An obvious predetermined tactic though, otherwise he would have been playing defense all night like Trump did in his. Kind of the yin to Trump's yang in that respect.

Not sure the moderator could have done much, Kane asked the same Tax question about 5 times regardless of what section they were on.

Many are already suggesting that was Pence running for 2020 more than anything else.
    Kaine's tactic seemed more to be reminding everyone of how batshit crazy Trump was rather than actually bothering to debate Pence. It's a strategy with merit tbf, though he was weirdly agitated during it.

Not that any of this matters though, given that it's a VP debate and there's a literal hurricane bearing down on the country aws.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    The irony Anil is that you often sound worse than Donald Trump. It's deplorable.
    It might seem harsh if you knew nothing of Pence, but for anyone that is remotely familiar with him or Google, the man is a bigot and deserves every bit of criticism of him he has got here and elsewhere.

So much wrong with Trump, and one of those things he makes the likes of Pence and to a lesser extent Cruz seem normal in comparison to the masses.

In a few years however when he considers running for president, someone like Ryan will remind me him no matter what he promises he has no chance due to his links to Trump and that is a good thing no matter how polished he may sound.
    Last edited by Niall; 05-10-2016 at 09:39 AM.

It might seem harsh if you knew nothing of Pence, but for anyone that is remotely familiar with him or Google, the man is a bigot and deserves every bit of criticism of him he has got here and elsewhere.

So much wrong with Trump, and one of those things he makes the likes of Pence and to a lesser extent Cruz seem normal in comparison to the masses.

In a few years however when he considers running for president, someone like Ryan will remind me him no matter what he promises he has no chance due to his links to Trump and that is a good thing no matter how polished he may sound.
    he is just trying to bait...most of pence's beliefs except for maybe his religious ones are right in his wheelhouse...

VP candidate debate must rank high on the Whogivesashit Scale

Thread Information