Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 601 of 1826 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159960060160260361165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 27377
Like Tree10457Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    She did almost come across semi-human in this.
    agreed, not quite there yet.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Being polite is an easy way to go about being ignored. America was founded on destroying private property anyway. I mean they sure seemed to be doing well gaining independence from the UK by asking nicely. That doesn't excuse rioting and destroying other peoples property but the major rhetoric from the right and even moderate left is "why don't you protest the way we like it so we can get about to this whole equality thing on our schedule and not yours." Of course that never really eventuates because it's easily ignored, or you get called unpatriotic and criticised.
    I don't entirely agree with your whole post but I certainly think the criticism of peaceful protest attempts makes the situation much worse. Reminds me of this post I made a couple of weeks back:

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Code:
    Pixie Caramels won by an Innings and 258 runs.

International Captain
    I don't think anyone here called you out for mocking a guy on a video, but it's more that it has about as much to do with the state of American politics as a video of a monkey pissing in its mouth. Then for some reason you got it in your head that this is because of free speech. The reason why people care more about extreme rightists is because they have a candidate running for president.
    Howe_zat and OverratedSanity like this.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Being polite is an easy way to go about being ignored. America was founded on destroying private property anyway. I mean they sure seemed to be doing well gaining independence from the UK by asking nicely. That doesn't excuse rioting and destroying other peoples property but the major rhetoric from the right and even moderate left is "why don't you protest the way we like it so we can get about to this whole equality thing on our schedule and not yours." Of course that never really eventuates because it's easily ignored, or you get called unpatriotic and criticised.
    Yeah it's basically the same arguments as the 1950s.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    I don't think anyone here called you out for mocking a guy on a video, but it's more that it has about as much to do with the state of American politics as a video of a monkey pissing in its mouth.
    Actually it is more relevant than a pissing monkey, because it's a big part of the current US social/political fabric & it's not like these instances are exactly rare.

International Captain
    SJWs aren't a big part of the US political landscape, despite what Brietbart et al. want people to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I don't entirely agree with your whole post but I certainly think the criticism of peaceful protest attempts makes the situation much worse. Reminds me of this post I made a couple of weeks back:
    Indeed.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    It's ok. I'm sure the government will solve all their problems.
    I think the point is historical racism and the resulting social order are an issue that a collective society should be seeking to correct, and it's not a simple issue otherwise surely it would have been solved by now..right. A whole group was denied a place within the power structures of a society and now once that order is entrenched they are given the option to 'fit in'. Sure most of the highly talented will rise but it's still unfair to leave the rest behind, stuck in communities with drug/gun/gang issues that can wreck/destroy lives before adulthood.
    Howe_zat likes this.

I do find it hard to turn a blind eye to rioters smashing up cars and everything in their sights whilst chanting "pigs in a blanket' and 'fry 'em like bacon" only to then find the leaders of their movement not publicly condemning these behaviours. I don't think that is good for anyone.

Quiet peaceful protest and the right to a voice one's opinion is the essence of free-speech. Turning up and quashing the free-speech of others in a violent fashion and effectively destroying another groups platform to do so, is both anti-American & anti-free speech i.e. like the speech of republican/conservative meetings in many US colleges.
    It uni, people are still lacking life experience and the uninformed behaviour with regards free speech will never change. You should judge the overall message not the behaviour of a few in a movement. There is 7 billion people in the world, ****heads will attach themselves to both good and bad causes, that's never going to change. Conservative bloggers, who don't do their homework, will be crying foul about these things forever also.

I don't know why you're so hung up on those SJW clips that were posted either. .
    Hit too close to home I think.

You'll be hearing about this for about another year.

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    See this is just factually untrue. Just ridiculously, factually untrue. It is not the far left that's neutralised the possibility of actual action on climate change. It is not the far left which has consistently defended racist policies and systematically tried to disenfranchise black voters.

The far left has a hell of a lot of garbage, but its garbage tends to render it totally impotent, which means that it's just not intellectually honest to equate the two whilst actual policies, actual social structures and actual lives are being threatened by the far right.
    Actually, some stuff is argued as problems created by the far left via the welfare state.

And let's stop claiming that the far left is not as dangerous as the far right, they're no angels. People can always justify things. The right may have justified segregation one way in the past and the left justifies it in another way (i.e. black campuses) now.

It's as if you can't harm others unless it's imminently predictable, which is a point of view I'm sure everyone here actually knows isn't correct yet they seemingly get fooled by into believing.
    ★★★★★

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Also, it's not that they woke up racist. It's about privilege and wanting to hold on to it for the most part, or thinking along the lines of "I didn't do anything to deserve this backlash so **** off" while not thinking "I didn't do anything to deserve my privilege so here, let me fight for you a bit".
    Why would anyone even remotely think the latter unless they were a SJW?

I think minorities really take the piss sometimes. Is it the business of anyone to determine what you do or not deserve? Is not coming to a western country and being able to lead your life in relative peace enough?

I can understand when it's obviously disgraceful racism but when people are now complaining about Halloween costumes not being culturally sensitive I think America has it good on the whole.
    Zinzan likes this.

Must... restrain... the... impulse... to... debate... with... Ikki...
    zorax likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Why would anyone even remotely think the latter unless they were a SJW?

I think minorities really take the piss sometimes. Is it the business of anyone to determine what you do or not deserve? Is not coming to a western country and being able to lead your life in relative peace enough?

I can understand when it's obviously disgraceful racism but when people are now complaining about Halloween costumes not being culturally sensitive I think America has it good on the whole.
    Hey, stop talking sense in here, and get back to the narrative of victimhood and white male privilege please, there's no nuance to this remember.

Incidentally, I'm sure many here will be familiar with conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro. Overall I've always found him to be a little too 'right' for me on topics like reproductive rights of women & some of his views around gun rights, but I found his Q & A after this talk on white privilege, multiculturalism, and other leftist myths at Yale quite interesting. Makes a clear distinction between "justice" and "social justice" arguing that "justice" stands on it's own and doesn't need a moderator or pre-cursa.

The Q & A starts about 43:05 if anyone's interested.

Ausage likes this.

Thread Information