Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 57 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859671071575571057 ... LastLast
Like Tree10034Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    For the sake of the laughter, this is a terrible day
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

But the crowd initially booed Mr. Romney, who occasionally struck a discordant note, as when he approached a group of fans wearing plastic ponchos. “I like those fancy raincoats you bought,” he said. “Really sprung for the big bucks.”

Was actually torn whether to post this, because this is much better than the humblebrag-esque stuff he has been saying

edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A

pretty sure no-one bothered to post this because it's just "yeah well he would say that, wouldn't he?"

but may as well
    Last edited by Spikey; 29-02-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I have no idea how the party that is supposed to represent the Bible became so anti poor. It wasn't always like that. I can understand them being against gay marriage and such but seems like they remember the passage about homosexuality in Leviticus (I think) but forget Mathew (19:24) or Matthew (25:31-46).
    As oppose to in Europe, where the nominated head of the church has lived in a colossal friggin' palace for centuries?

It's not a Christian thing either. What about in Middle-Eastern theocracies today, where Muslim ministers preside over poverty-stricken nations, despite charity being a central teaching of Islam?

As long as the dominant religion has been tied to the establishment, it's been anti-poor. There's a reason why the Communist revolutions had overthrowing the power of the Churches as one of their main goals.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

PEWS shut the tab please

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    As oppose to in Europe, where the nominated head of the church has lived in a colossal friggin' palace for centuries?

It's not a Christian thing either. What about in Middle-Eastern theocracies today, where Muslim ministers preside over poverty-stricken nations, despite charity being a central teaching of Islam?

As long as the dominant religion has been tied to the establishment, it's been anti-poor. There's a reason why the Communist revolutions had overthrowing the power of the Churches as one of their main goals.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    edit
    Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube

pretty sure no-one bothered to post this because it's just "yeah well he would say that, wouldn't he?"

but may as well
    Haha, love this guy so much

**** education, what's it ever done for us!?
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Wyoming narrowly defeats measure to prepare for apocalypse - Yahoo! News

House members on Monday had given the bill their initial backing after striking a "poison pill" amendment that mockingly asked whether Wyoming should purchase its own aircraft carrier and fighter jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    PEWS shut the tab please
    Zuh?
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

On a side note, I'm re-reading some parts of the King James Bible again and it's fascinating to look at it with 27 year old eyes compared to 15 when I last read it. It's definitely making me a 7.0 instead of a 6.9 on the Dawkins scale .
    Ha just remembered something funny that happened to me recently related to the bible and Dawkins.

For my 18 birthday, my mom (who is a very religious born again christian), had given me a copy of the bible. I had kept this with me on one of my book shelves all this time. Recently I had moved to a new place, so a lot of my stuff was all over the place. Anyway when she came to visit me, the bible was next to my copy of the god delusion on a shelf.
    I swear it was a coincidence, but she was not very happy about it.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    American foreign policy putting pressure on Pakistan again.

U.S. Threatens Pakistan: Drop Iran Pipeline - India Real Time - WSJ

There is a massive energy shortage and Pakistan desperately needs that pipeline for it's development.

Well considering the $$ Pakistan gets from the US, it's a reasonable expectation.

yeah i mean if i was getting heaps of aid money from the us i would probably get their thoughts before signing any deals with one of their biggest enemies. it's just being nice

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    No, it's not! It's not called the United States of Pakistan. Pakistan isn't a ****ing colony. We have already lost Billions of Dollars and thousands of lives thanks to your war in Afghanistan. Our economy is suffering due to the energy crises. We need this, otherwise we won't be able to compete.

If you don't like it, then stop the aid.

If you don't like being pressured, say no to the aid.

yeah. i'm not saying Pakistan can't do the energy deal. It may well be in their best interests to do so. but such a deal is sure to piss off the US who happen to provide Pakistan with a lot of aid money, so it seems fair for A) the Pakistani government to inform the US of the possibility of such a deal with Iran, a huge enemy of the US, taking place in the future and B) for the US government to inform Pakistan - and the US people - that such a deal is a no-no from their point of view, and they will cut some aid if the deal happens. And so they all know where they stand.

I mean, you can't expect to get the best of best worlds. Of course, the position of the Pakistani government isn't mentioned. If they're willing to accept the economic sanctions in exchange for the energy deal then everything is dandy really.
    Last edited by Spikey; 01-03-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Thread Information