Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 563 of 1761 FirstFirst ... 6346351355356156256356456557361366310631563 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 26404
Like Tree10115Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

International Vice-Captain
    Yeah, Generic Republican would be winning this election which makes it more funny.

State Vice-Captain
    Jono, at this point in the US Election, who do you think will win out of Trump and Clinton?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Hillary is a protected species... nothing will happen no matter what comes out on email leaks or what turns out from what appears to be a pretty flimsy effort from the FBI to cross-examine and to dig deeper into the question of 'Intent' to ascertain gross misconduct. She has General attorney Lynch (dying to be appointed for another 10 years in that role) and the likes of the existing president on her side. So I wouldn't be concerned if you're a Hillary supporter. I think we've established that much by now.

I also don't think it matters that she hasn't held a press conference for almost a year (or whatever it is) where the press get to actually ask open questions (not agreed to in advance), she doesn't need to do that, Pretty sure she can just sit back and cruise to victory.

Once again, as has often be said, she's just incredibly lucky to be up against an egotistical loose-mouthed narcissistic maniac, who's not part of the establishment. Any other Republican candidate (with the possible exception of Cruz) and you get the feeling it wouldn't be such a cakewalk for her, in which she can just sit back and hide from proper scrutiny.

In hindsight the likes of a Kasich, who always polled positively 1-1 against Hillary in hypothetical general election polls could have caused her real problems had he won the Rep primary.

I think Cruz would have done fine as well, unlikable and smug yes, but appeals to more bases than "angry white men" which Trump is so reliant on.

To the gamblers on here,

2016 Presidential Election Odds | Next US President | Oddschecker
    https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plu...et/1.107373419

What price do you get involved in with Hilary?

She is currently trading at 2/5, I'd like close to 4/7 or in a perfect world 4/6, but that would mean that Trump did not mess up for a few weeks which is doubtful.

Decisions, decisions

Trump will win, it's the post-fact world we live in now, boosted by the paranoia that is so inherent in the internet age. 24 hours news cycles mean that a sense of hysteria and panic emanate throughout to drive up ratings, so when someone preaches he'll stop it all in the most basic terms, he's preaching to people who want to hear it.

The dems genuinely should have gone with Sanders, popular also because he gave a different world-view. Found it really odd when all the democrats said Sanders was hurting the Democratic party by not pulling out earlier when all the polls suggested he'd have trounced Trump. Hilary the one who could lead to disaster, and that disaster is Trump.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    To the gamblers on here,

2016 Presidential Election Odds | Next US President | Oddschecker
    https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plu...et/1.107373419

What price do you get involved in with Hilary?

She is currently trading at 2/5, I'd like close to 4/7 or in a perfect world 4/6, but that would mean that Trump did not mess up for a few weeks which is doubtful.

Decisions, decisions
    I'd wait until the Trump bump after the first debate.
    Niall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Trump will win, it's the post-fact world we live in now, boosted by the paranoia that is so inherent in the internet age. 24 hours news cycles mean that a sense of hysteria and panic emanate throughout to drive up ratings, so when someone preaches he'll stop it all in the most basic terms, he's preaching to people who want to hear it.

The dems genuinely should have gone with Sanders, popular also because he gave a different world-view. Found it really odd when all the democrats said Sanders was hurting the Democratic party by not pulling out earlier when all the polls suggested he'd have trounced Trump. Hilary the one who could lead to disaster, and that disaster is Trump.
    Nah. Trump will lose and I'm betting my forum account on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Nah. Trump will lose and I'm betting my forum account on it.
    I hope you are right, but TBH the fact it's close and he has mass appeal is still pretty worrying, considering he's a lying fascistic crook with not one coherent policy that I can see.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Trump will win,.
    Well if you genuinely believe it, you'd be taking some of that $3.50 action above.
    Think you'll find that was mostly rhetoric from the establishment scared Bernie might intrude on their cushiness, so not really surprising. As you've said yourself, everyone following polls could see Bernie was more favorable over Trump than Hillary was.

[QUOTE=grecian;3716826 and he has mass appeal e.[/QUOTE]

Does he though?

He was polling at 1% last time I checked with black people and his numbers with Hispanics were shambolic iirc.

Not sure how he can improve that in less than 3 months whatsoever,

But yeah it would have been a slam dunk if Bernie would have ran, he would have cannibalised a lot of the white working class support that Trump has swallowed up.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    I'd wait until the Trump bump after the first debate.
    I have to hope Trump doesn't do something stupid for near a month?

Christ, that is up their with hoping Guptil or Rohit Sharma will crack test cricket

in the 538 forecast, trump's chances of winning were 11% 3 weeks back, since then it has been steadily climbing and now it is 28.5%...still a long shot but the trend is disturbing to say the least...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar

Christ, that is up their with hoping Guptil or Rohit Sharma will crack test cricket
    No, you have to hope that Trump doing something stupid doesn't significantly affect the polls i.e. what's happened all year
    Niall likes this.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

And 5 weeks ago it was 50:50 then everyone started wetting their pants.

Barring an ISIS attack or something the debate is the last real chance Trump has at snatching the election. I don't think his outreach to minorities will work and it's pretty patronizing to think those minorities will just suddenly forget all the terrible things he's said about them.
    Niall likes this.

Thread Information