Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 553 of 1700 FirstFirst ... 5345350354355155255355455556360365310531553 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 25490
Like Tree9839Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    there has never been a more openly bigoted candidate than trump in modern presidential history so that is kind of new...given hillary's shaky standing with the electorate, it may still be partially successful if he manages to stick to message long enough...
    But it has been proven time and time again he can't, and he has left it a little late also, its been known for ages that black people weren't exactly feeling the Donald.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Yeah I mean, consider the logic of it. If Trump manages to do the thing he's been completely unable to do no matter which electoral experts have been trying to keep a lid on him, he may capture the votes of the relatively few people who've not noticed and/or forgotten how's he's been for the entire electoral cycle.

I mean, if we're considering the possibility that there is this angry, silent group of people willing to go out and vote in numbers enough to overturn historical lows in polling, again, it goes against the evidence of people like our mate DumDum that Trump supporters have been unable to shut the **** up about anything at all. This election is over.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 20-08-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    But it has been proven time and time again he can't, and he has left it a little late also, its been known for ages that black people weren't exactly feeling the Donald.
    see my earlier post that rtb was responding to, i was not talking about black voters...he is not targeting black voters with his strategy, i have heard enough political strategists (dems and repubs) say that he is targeting white independent voters and moderate repubs (white suburban men and women) who are repulsed by him now and are either sitting it out or voting for hillary...he is trying to tell them he is not a racist/bigot...the photo op in louisiana was also targeted at that...

the idea right now seems to be to get back to at least romney numbers with white voters by labor day and then expand that group all the way to election day, that combined with voter suppression of minorities like they are attempting in north carolina and some of the other swing states plus voter intimidation (with baseless allegations of rigging and appointment of "election observers" like in pennsylvania), they are hoping will push them over the edge...and hey if there are minorities that are stupid enough to swallow his "outreach", that is of course a bonus...
    Last edited by Anil; 20-08-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    I don't see how Trump is winning over minorities when he's trying to attack Hillary Clinton by comparing her to Angela Merkel....
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Uh, George Wallace? Trump's sheer buffoonery and blatant authoritarian Erdoganesque streak is unique I agree, but for sheer simple bigotry I think segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever wins.
    you are right, forgot about that prick...

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    This election is over.
    t_c, did a lot of people think the same thing about brexit two months before they voted?

International Vice-Captain
    Brexit is pretty different to this election for a number of reasons.
    Niall and Magrat Garlick like this.

sure and i understand those reasons, but there are some similarities as well...see trump's first ad that aired yesterday...they are trying to make this also about immigration...
    Last edited by Anil; 20-08-2016 at 10:15 AM.

fusion, np10...why don't you guys post in this thread anymore? it would be interesting to hear your take on what's happening...

International Vice-Captain
    Apparently Trump now has a plan to give amnesty to some illegal immigrants. LOL if true.

especially after that anti-immigration ad that features the impressively-named "center for immigration studies", sounds like a legit govt organization but is really a far right, white nationalist group asking for a rejection of all third world immigration...the exec director of that group is one of donald's advisors...
    Last edited by Anil; 20-08-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Before I say this - please note I am on record as saying I like Hilary and regard her as competent. And I support her because of her and not because she is not Trump.

That said she has so much baggage. And now that I think about it, the volume of her baggage has confused the republicans. They are so spoiled for choice of where to start with her that they never hammer one point for very long and try to broadly cover everything and as such she gets away with it all. If the republicans can't win this one then I as others have predicted see a watershed for the GOP. They will have to move towards the centre or they could be looking at 16 - 20 years with their noses pressed against the window of the white house looking in enviously.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Before I say this - please note I am on record as saying I like Hilary and regard her as competent. And I support her because of her and not because she is not Trump.

That said she has so much baggage. And now that I think about it, the volume of her baggage has confused the republicans. They are so spoiled for choice of where to start with her that they never hammer one point for very long and try to broadly cover everything and as such she gets away with it all. If the republicans can't win this one then I as others have predicted see a watershed for the GOP. They will have to move towards the centre or they could be looking at 16 - 20 years with their noses pressed against the window of the white house looking in enviously.

Rubio has already taken a step to the left.

Rubio Removed Pro-Trade Reference From Website | RealClearPolitics

Like Brexit in the UK, Trump will heavily affect American politics for the next decade or more. Win or lose.

Buchananite autarky is not "left-wing".
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Thread Information