Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 521 of 1910 FirstFirst ... 2142147151151952052152252353157162110211521 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 28650
Like Tree10874Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    right, and if he addresses it personally, it has to be accepted as the truth right?
    No, I was pointing out that he did address that question.

pretty much all politicians lie compulsively, bernie sanders and to a large extent joe biden are rarities in the political arena, surely you understand that?
    Of course all politicians spin things, they wouldn't last in politics if they didn't. But I can't remember a more blatant liar than her (Trump comes a close 2nd). I mean how she could continue lying about Comey's comments when everything he said was on public record was just jaw-dropping stuff.

Did you actually see this

the past 3-4 secretaries of state have used their private emails to communicate about state business, yes clinton's was the only situation that was attacked
    This is such a cop-out, 1) they didn't have private servers in their basements, 2) Powell pioneered email use at that govt level, so was very much in it's infancy 3) Powell didn't lie about the number of devices he used or that he never sent or received anything confidential on his personal email & 4 ) It turns out she lied that the state dept gave her approval, it was her that instructed people. Really clutching at straws to try to compare that to Powell, but I know that's her narrative, nice to see you've bought it, hook line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Let him into the debates and he'll try, we promise.
    Twitter seems impressed with their efforts on CNN tonight which is a good thing.

Unlikely to get in the debate though surely?

...the fact that you believe everything the repubs throw at her as absolute truth just tells me that you just fell for those storylines without much critical thinking...

I can throw that back at you in believing the Dems narrative.

You asked if I'm on the right... Politically speaking, I'm fairly center.. I'm with the liberals when it comes to the importance of the separation of church and state, I'm not a fan of religions interfering in the public space. I'm liberal of a few social issues, although I'm not a fan of SJW, and this notion that if you claim you've been victimized, that means that you get to shut everybody else up, I should point that out. And I'm right on a few issues when it comes to less govt interference.

That said, there's very little difference between the left and right these days in American politics when it comes to actual policies.
    Last edited by Zinzan; 03-08-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Twitter seems impressed with their efforts on CNN tonight which is a good thing.

Unlikely to get in the debate though surely?
    Officially he needs to poll at 15%; he's polling between 7% and 12% at the moment. There will probably be a bump after his Town Hall thing, and if he's really close but not quite there they may just let him in anyway. He's a chance of being included.
    Niall and GIMH like this.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Code:
    Pixie Caramels won by an Innings and 258 runs.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    I can throw that back at you in believing the Dems narrative.

You asked if I'm on the right... Politically speaking, I'm fairly center.. I'm with the liberals when it comes to the importance of the separation of church and state, I'm not a fan of religions interfering in the public space. I'm liberal of a few social issues, although I'm not a fan of SJWs, and this notion that if you claim you've been victimized, that means that you get to shut everybody else up, I should point that out. And I'm right of a few issues when it comes to less govt interference.

That said, there's very little difference between the left and right these days in American politics when it comes to actual policies.
    This post is Reddit: the political opinion.

"Both sides have the same policies" is such a bad opinion and I'm amazed that people still believe it.
    Dan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    This post is Reddit: the political opinion.

"Both sides have the same policies" is such a bad opinion and I'm amazed that people still believe it.
    Much less differences that it was traditionally, with the notable exception of Reagan.

I'm amazed that people still believe it.
    I amazed people still say things like "Hillary just sent an email, it's no big deal", she was only Secretary of State.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Much less differences that it was traditionally, with the notable exception of Reagan.
    Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump - Candidates Comparison

There are very few matters of either social or economic policy on which Clinton and Trump are in agreement. The main one that I could find is that they both think Marijuana is a gateway drug.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    A bit of a pace floozy (but a wise floozy).

International Captain
    But that just shows Trump is not one of the *spooky ghost voice* establishment!

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump - Candidates Comparison

There are very few matters of either social or economic policy on which Clinton and Trump are in agreement.
    The big policy disagreement naturally being whether to open the seventh seal and usher in the apocalypse
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

But that just shows Trump is not one of the *spooky ghost voice* establishment!
    Lol RTB, no he's a fascist who's going to nuke the world within 24 hours if he takes office. You're reading the wrong narrative.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Officially he needs to poll at 15%; he's polling between 7% and 12% at the moment. There will probably be a bump after his Town Hall thing, and if he's really close but not quite there they may just let him in anyway. He's a chance of being included.
    Trump in normal courses of events would not want him on stage, as PEWS's boy, if he does well, will pick up votes from independents and republicans in the first instance.

However if the Golden Girl's lead grows then he would want a natural ally on stage to tag team against her.

If we see it come to point where Trump makes a comment supporting Johnson's inclusion in the debates then we will know D Trump has become a bit desperate.

Hope I explained that clearly.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 04-08-2016 at 01:10 AM.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    It's time for Republicans to consider the Gary Johnson option - Vox

@PEWS here you go - now don't say I never do you any favours

This article makes a view that if Donald continues to attack greiving mothers then Johnson will become the conservative choice. His 7% polling numbers are currently the highest by an independent since Ross Perot in 1992.

Apparently with each Trump gaffe Johnson will go higher.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 04-08-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    It's time for Republicans to consider the Gary Johnson option - Vox

@PEWS here you go - now don't say I never do you any favours

This article makes a view that if Donald continues to attack greiving mothers then Johnson will become the conservative choice. His 7% polling numbers are currently the highest by an independent since Ross Perot in 1992.

Apparently with each Trump gaffe Johnson will go higher.
    Perfectly logical theory, although sadly up until now Trump's cringe-worthy comments haven't really hampered his poll numbers. Will be interesting if that changes in the general, particularly with independent voters.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Thread Information