Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 510 of 1905 FirstFirst ... 1041046050050850951051151252056061010101510 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 28571
Like Tree10850Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Haha.
    Haha

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Lack of understanding? I like that, the world thinks less of the US now than at any other time under Obama. He's been a disaster as far a foreign perception goes. So if what you actually mean is Hillary knows the workings within the establishment better, then I'd agree, but I see this as a flaw, not a positive in this case.

You really believe she's going to go after Wallstreet now? Haha what a joke, she's their best friend. The main reason the establishment are shitting themselves about the prospect of Trump has nothing to do with the 'red button' and nothing to do with the ecomony as a whole, but has everything do to with them personally, those special interest and donors (which Trump happily concedes he was) who are all part of the current establishment. People are so naive thinking it's all transparent and open, it's not. It's corrupt as hell currently.
    Kidding yourself. Obama followed Bush Jnr. He could have gone back into Vietnam and been a global improvement ffs.
    GIMH and NZTailender like this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    the world thinks less of the US now than at any other time under Obama. He's been a disaster as far a foreign perception goes.
    Could you provide some evidence for this?

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

Completely irrelevant, but I was bored of this discussion.

You have a choice in the US election between a candidate who has been shown to be a liar and one who seems insane.

I'd rather a sane liar than a mad man.

It's not a great choice, but to me it seems an easy one.
    Agreed, bald eagles are gross as hell. A very apt national bird.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    See the last page.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Tbf, I was probably influenced by the Jewish perception of his performance. Poll: 63% of Israelis Rank President Obama ?Worst for Israel in The Last 30 Years?.

Happy to concede the western public perception has been strong of him as a person, but I was meaning the respect of the US as a economic power has declined significantly. Admittedly Obama picked up a shitstorm of an economy back in '08, but some economists say it's been the slowest recovery in history and hasn't GDP been operating incredible slowly of late?

Tbf, I was probably influenced by the Jewish perception of his performance. Poll: 63% of Israelis Rank President Obama ?Worst for Israel in The Last 30 Years?.

Happy to concede the western public perception has been strong of him as a person, but I was meaning the respect of the US as a economic power has declined significantly. Admittedly Obama picked up a shitstorm of an economy back in '08, but some economists say it's been the slowest recovery in history and hasn't GDP been operating incredible slowly of late?
    The US is doing pretty well compared to the EU and the UK, as well as Russia, Brazil and many other emerging economies. It's recovery hasn't been amazing, but considering the enormous damage that was done by the housing bubble I think Obama gets a pretty solid pass-mark in terms of economic management.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    A bit of a pace floozy (but a wise floozy).

Shits me how the Yanks are so beholden to Israel and its interests. Has a sense of self importance inversely proportionate to its real place in the world. America has a lot to answer for in building that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    The US is doing pretty well compared to the EU and the UK, as well as Russia, Brazil and many other emerging economies. It's recovery hasn't been amazing, but considering the enormous damage that was done by the housing bubble I think Obama gets a pretty solid pass-mark in terms of economic management.
    Now you're just taking the piss.

Shits me how the Yanks are so beholden to Israel and its interests. Has a sense of self importance inversely proportionate to its real place in the world. America has a lot to answer for in building that up.
    This I do agree with.

International Captain
    Nah, he's right.

Can you explain to me what he could have done better, in light of what he inherited and the obstructionism he has faced in Congress? Genuine question, but if the answer resembles trickle-down, I'm afraid I'll be out of the discussion (which tbf may be an incentive to say "trickle-down")

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Absolutely. I personally think there's been a lot to admire in Obama's more impartial approach towards that conflict.
    RossTaylorsBox likes this.

Can you explain to me what he could have done better, in light of what he inherited and the obstructionism he has faced in Congress? Genuine question, but if the answer resembles trickle-down, I'm afraid I'll be out of the discussion (which tbf may be an incentive to say "trickle-down")
    Obstructionism from congress? How's that been a factor? Obama just goes ahead an creates executive orders when congress aren't with him.

Yes, he could have done a hell of a lot with all the red tape making it difficult for small businesses in the US, something that needs to be done. Then there's Obamacare which has been horrible for employers.

Well, in the last 4 years, the US economy has been growing at 2-3% p.a. which is quite respectable for an economic front-runner.

It's unemployment rate has declined from above 9% shortly after he took office to about 5% now, although admittedly the participation rate has dropped slightly.

Inequality has worsened under his tenure, but you can say the same for every president since Gerald Ford, and at least the Obama regime oversaw some modest efforts to increase taxes on higher income earners.

Again, his track record isn't great, but it's not the shambles you're making it out to be.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 02-08-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Thread Information