Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 213 of 1743 FirstFirst ... 1131632032112122132142152232633137131213 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 26139
Like Tree10052Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Get lost Dikki
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I do think Ikki is right in regards to the case and to his innocence. However, it was because of Zimmerman's actions that a man died. He started off the whole series of events culminating in a mans death. I think some sort of punishment should be handed out for this.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post

This is the sad part of this case: people are in arms at racial profiling, yet ignore the fact that despite all the evidence showing otherwise, they want Zimmerman to fit a neat stereotype in order to dehumanise him so that they can wash over him with their so-called justice - their own form of profiling.
    FFS, it's not about Zimmerman. It's about a kid who is dead when he was walking down the street unarmed. A kid was shot dead walking down the street. He's dead and he shouldn't be. If it was a cop who pulled him over, he would be alive. Do you dispute any of that?

Ill respond to your reply to my post when I have a few minutes later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    FFS, it's not about Zimmerman. It's about a kid who is dead when he was walking down the street unarmed. A kid was shot dead walking down the street. He's dead and he shouldn't be. If it was a cop who pulled him over, he would be alive. Do you dispute any of that?

Ill respond to your reply to my post when I have a few minutes later today.
    Of course it is about Zimmerman. He's the one on trial.

The rest of your post is another attempt to separate the truth from reality. It's not a kid or a killer, it is Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. If you want to pose questions use them and use the context of that day. I can easily reply "a kid shouldn't go nutter if he feels he's being followed and instead should ask questions" or "a kid shouldn't assume he can assault someone and expect no repercussions", but that would also cheat Martin of his actual character.

It is ironic that you post in reply like that especially to that post which spells out exactly what you're doing and have done again - trying to use generalities and stereotypes so that your narrative justifies your moral position.
    Last edited by Ikki; 25-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    ★★★★★

Cricket Champion!
    In related news, I missed: Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Criminally Indicted By Citizens' Grand Jury For Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant And Complaint.

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Criminally Indicted By Citizens' Grand Jury For Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant And Complaint - Yahoo! Finance
    The indictment of Corey, which was handed down last week (see Citizens Grand Jury), charges Corey with intentionally withholding photographic evidence of the injuries to George Zimmerman's head in the warrant she allegedly rushed to issue under oath, in an effort to boost her reelection prospects. At the outset of this case, black activists such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who whipped up wrath against Zimmerman, demanded that he be charged with murder, after local police had thus far declined to arrest him pending investigation.

Following Corey's criminal complaint charging Zimmerman, legal experts such as Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz condemned her for falsely signing an arrest affidavit under oath, which intentionally omitted exculpatory evidence consisting of the photographs showing the injuries Zimmerman sustained, and rushing to charge him with second degree murder under political pressure. Dershowitz called her actions unethical and themselves crimes (Drop George Zimmerman?s*murder charge* - NY Daily News).
    Also, the IT guy who leaked the text convos because Corey wouldn't give proper discovery is also suing the prosecutors: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96F1EL20130716

Ben Kruidbos, Corey's former director of information technology, was fired after testifying at a pre-trial hearing on June 6 that prosecutors failed to turn over potentially embarrassing evidence extracted from Martin's cell phone to the defense, as required by evidence-sharing laws.

"We will be filing a whistleblower action in (Florida's Fourth Judicial District) Circuit Court," said Kruidbos' attorney Wesley White, himself a former prosecutor who was hired by Corey but resigned in December because he disagreed with her prosecutorial priorities. He said the suit will be filed within the next 30 days.

Kruidbos testified last month in a pre-trial hearing that he found photos on Martin's phone that included pictures of a pile of jewelry on a bed, underage nude females, marijuana plants and a hand holding a semi-automatic pistol.

The Martin family lawyer, Benjamin Crump, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Kruidbos had emailed de la Rionda in late January and attached a report containing the text messages and images he had retrieved from Martin's cell phone, his lawyer said.

Zimmerman's chief defense attorney Mark O'Mara has said he didn't receive the material until June, shortly before the murder trial began.

Judge Debra Nelson ruled that pictures and texts from Martin's cell phone were inadmissible, after prosecutors argued that it couldn't be proven Martin actually took the pictures and wrote the texts on his phone.
    Last edited by Ikki; 25-07-2013 at 11:55 AM.

International Vice-Captain dermo's Avatar
    Ikki forever everyone else never

playing with my doodle forever reading this never
    Furball likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Funny when he starts talking to her as if speaking to a child.

That video made me so angry, was very frustrating particularly at the end. However he handled himself incredibly well.
    Last edited by Jono; 29-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Have read elsewhere Aslan knew exactly what was likely to happen and how it would impact on his book sales.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    It's a decent book so far actually. I'm more interested in Roman history than religion and it's a good book on that account too.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Have read elsewhere Aslan knew exactly what was likely to happen and how it would impact on his book sales.
    As in that going on Fox News he'd get a dumbarse and prejudiced interviewer and the video would go viral resulting in more book sales?

Hmmm, he's not copping to that so what I read might be over-stating it a bit.

RezaAslan comments on I am Reza Aslan, scholar of religions, author of ZEALOT, and (gasp!) recent FOX news guest - AMA

Getting on Fox would be a hell of a coup for any writer so I doubt he thought it was going to be anything other than a big help for his profile, I doubt he thought he was walking into a schoarly debate. He just might not have seen them going so hard at the idea he's a dirty Muslim writing about Jesus. And I hesitate to go too hard at her considering what's been put into the public sphere about how stage-managed her questions probably were to I'll give her some of the benefit of doubt. The article prior to this interview is pretty rank, though.

Not that I'm having a dig at him in any way. His book is killing it so more power to the guy.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 30-07-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    That's such a good AMA, he comes across as a really smart, witty guy. I couldn't handle the cringe in the interview.

Thread Information