Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1730 of 1787 FirstFirst ... 73012301630168017201728172917301731173217401780 ... LastLast
Results 25,936 to 25,950 of 26798
Like Tree10241Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I mean if you're going to "debate" like Ben Shapiro you should at least do it well.
    shapiro reminds be a of a not particularly smart salarian tbh

has he ever done well in a debate that was not against college kids in america

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah, with all the labour + environmental law provisions baked into the TPP etc. "We'll give you more market access, but you have to bring more of your standards, and hence operating costs, into line with ours".
    mmm but the tpp is universally hated by the great unwashed. 'free trade' is basically a swear word in the left wing base these days*

*until the left politicians get into power and try to do a 180 without appearing to do a 180 and avoid lynching from their base
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Banned
    Bernie has a heart condition and has been hospitalized

When he recovers and gets back in the fray, I hope he uses this to hammer home medicare for all

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    I mean if you're going to "debate" like Ben Shapiro you should at least do it well.
    Nah, I just pick my battles now. I could get into a long winded debate, probably lose anyway tbh, and all it would do is remind me capitalism is a broken system which relies on the exploitation of labour to function.
    RossTaylorsBox and Shri like this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Nah, I just pick my battles now. I could get into a long winded debate, probably lose anyway tbh, and all it would do is remind me capitalism is a broken system which relies on the exploitation of labour to function.
    Also realizes on the exploitation of entrepreneurs. It works only if a certain portion of the participants try really hard and fail. Also why the cultural norms towards "the important thing is that you do your best".
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    What does any of this **** even mean outside a university dorm? It’s just like, I care about poverty, but the details of how it might be helped bore me so I’m going to ramble in vague terms about ‘the broken capitalist system’ instead. It’s a crutch.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Maybe he just cbf mate.
    Shri and Daemon like this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

What does any of this **** even mean outside a university dorm? It’s just like, I care about poverty, but the details of how it might be helped bore me so I’m going to ramble in vague terms about ‘the broken capitalist system’ instead. It’s a crutch.
    what burgey said.

International Vice-Captain
    Tweaking capitalism won't eliminate poverty or inequality, the entire global system has to change. Too bad the oceans are going to boil before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Maybe he just cbf mate.
    Haha right, but he’s still too old to be believing in The System. That’s like, Santa Claus for people going through their weed phase.

Haha right, but he’s still too old to be believing in The System. That’s like, Santa Claus for people going through their weed phase.
    Thanks for the condescension, and putting words into my mouth.

So the poor should be grateful for their scraps? Cool.
    Thanks for the condescension, and putting words into my mouth.
    OK. Now we're done

OK. Now we're done
    I mean I was glib, sure, but you just decided to get personal and paint me as some caricature of stereotype of a meme.

Your statement about me believing in 'The System' is a bit rich considering you've basically proposed trickle down economics.

I mean I was glib, sure, but you just decided to get personal and paint me as some caricature of stereotype of a meme.

Your statement about me believing in 'The System' is a bit rich considering you've basically proposed trickle down economics.
    It's hardly personal though, is it? Personal is like "your face/job/family sucks". Sorry if it felt personal because I only meant it as glib.

You know I don't believe in trickle down economics. It was a one line post about why one very specific stupid idea is stupid.

Yeah that's fair. But I think hendrix's proposition is about protecting labour from ultra-mobile capital, and most trade deals don't do that- mostly they make capital even more mobile.
    - it's a position that people often already make, without government inducement. People choose not to shop at places with poor labour conditions e.g. Zara et al all the time. They're not wrong to make this choice. That free market, individual libertarian like decision is not the wrong one.
    - Implementing it with some degree of government inducement is also not the wrong decision
    - This forces the company/country to pay higher wages/better standards to their works.
    - Of course, you might say this would make the company less profitable. Yes, of course it would. It costs money to pay people better.
    - This might force the company to go overseas right? well only if they have somewhere better to go. And if there are universal labour standards then there is nowhere better to go.
    - It essentially makes competition purely about efficiency, as opposed to who can pay the least to their workers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Thread Information