Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1710 of 1743 FirstFirst ... 7101210161016601700170817091710171117121720 ... LastLast
Results 25,636 to 25,650 of 26132
Like Tree10045Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

  1. #25636
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Why is technology somehow worse than not using the technology. Known fact the more people involved the more likely the ****-up. Of course the designer and programmer should have his arse kicked (you know the person involved!).
    Because using the sacred voting machine technology doesn't solve any of the problems of paper ballots and creates a whole bunch of new ones like the ability to literally delete or change voting records without any trace. Also the small issue of Republicans being lobbied by the voting machine companies.

  2. #25637
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Yang is polling 7% in California now. That's his highest so far in any State.
    Wouldn't California be his ceiling, I can't see him doing better in any other state.

  3. #25638
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,002
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Wouldn't California be his ceiling, I can't see him doing better in any other state.
    He may do better in some Republican States e.g. New Hampshire, Iowa. He's drawing some base from Republican voters who voted for the entrepreneur (lol) in 2016.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

  4. #25639
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,506
    new hampshire is not a republican state (dubya was the last republican candidate who carried the state in 2000) at this time, and although trump won iowa, so did obama, twice...it's winnable for a democrat. of course none of this applies to yang, just some general feedback.


  5. #25640
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CSK
    Posts
    22,610
    lol yang

    star trek idea up the **** creek that is the usa
    I am proud of this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

  6. #25641
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,002
    Kamala is polling 1% below Yang in California. Isn't that her home state?

  7. #25642
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Kamala is polling 1% below Yang in California. Isn't that her home state?

    Yep. She is goosed. I have money on her and a few others (Kloub,(lol) and Warren (thank God) and I might see if I can get the bet cancelled or cash out.

    I don't know who advised her of her strategy, but there was plenty of room for a bland Obama tribute act clone centerist who prided herself on how tough she was on crime.

    No idea of who exactly she is targeting these days to vote for her.

  8. #25643
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,773
    Average result of the 7 polls released post 3rd debate

    Biden - 29%
    Sanders - 16%
    Warren - 21%
    Kamala - 5%
    Mayor Pete - 6%
    O'Rourke - 3%
    Yang - 3%
    Booker - 2%
    Klob/Castro/Gabbard - 1%


    Range

    Biden 25-34%
    Sanders 14-20%
    Warren 16-30%
    Kamala 4-6%
    Mayor Pete 3-8%
    Worst of the rest Gabbard/Castro 0% - Best of the rest O'Rourke/Yang/Booker 4%
    weldone likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  9. #25644
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Yep. She is goosed. I have money on her and a few others (Kloub,(lol) and Warren (thank God) and I might see if I can get the bet cancelled or cash out.

    I don't know who advised her of her strategy, but there was plenty of room for a bland Obama tribute act clone centerist who prided herself on how tough she was on crime.

    No idea of who exactly she is targeting these days to vote for her.
    Haha why the hell did you put money on Klobuchar?

  10. #25645
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Haha why the hell did you put money on Klobuchar?


    She had a nice senate win in 2018 and the logic was she would do well with the centre of the party voting bloc and would be a safe bet in a head to head v Trump.

    I think Spark or someone else said she had a chance after her senate win also so not the only deluded fool around here.

    She might have less charisma though than Theresa May which is pretty remarkable tbh.

  11. #25646
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,773
    To be fair all the centrists have basically fallen over at the first hurdle. I think a lot of pundits predicted that after a loss to the Republicans in 2015 that we'd get more of a race to the centre in 2019, but it hasn't been that at all. I wouldn't even really call Biden a centrist, hes more just a moderate but everyone else has become twice as progressive all of a sudden.

  12. #25647
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,363
    What's the difference between centrist and moderate?

  13. #25648
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    To be fair all the centrists have basically fallen over at the first hurdle. I think a lot of pundits predicted that after a loss to the Republicans in 2015 that we'd get more of a race to the centre in 2019, but it hasn't been that at all. I wouldn't even really call Biden a centrist, hes more just a moderate but everyone else has become twice as progressive all of a sudden.
    Iíve read an analysis before, saying that the party which loses first goes more towards its base for nominations. Only after losing a couple times in a row do they come back to the center.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  14. #25649
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,773
    Centrists in their ideology believe in that vein of politics where in American terms they encompass aspects of both right and left party politics.

    Moderates may ideologically belong anywhere along the compass (though generally away from any extreme points of view) but how they approach enacting things politically shows a greater willingness for compromise and gradual change. Biden isn't a centrist because he isn't close to the centre at all (in America anyway), unlike the progressives and more far left candidates he is running against however, he is far more moderate in his political outlook.
    Last edited by Athlai; 18-09-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    RossTaylorsBox likes this.

  15. #25650
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Centrists in their ideology believe in that vein of politics where in American terms they encompass aspects of both right and left party politics.

    Moderates may ideologically belong anywhere along the compass (though generally away from any extreme points of view) but how they approach enacting things politically shows a greater willingness for compromise and gradual change. Biden isn't a centrist because he isn't close to the centre at all (in America anyway), unlike the progressives and more far left candidates he is running against however, he is far more moderate in his political outlook.
    Eh, I see what you mean but since the GOP is so right wing any compromise is going to have to be centrist policy.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. rparikh14,
  2. turnstyle

Similar Threads

  1. The British Politics Thread
    By cover drive man in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 16339
    Last Post: Today, 12:42 AM
  2. Media
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
  3. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Magrat Garlick in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Finally ! A Last Word Thread
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •