Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1684 of 1745 FirstFirst ... 68411841584163416741682168316841685168616941734 ... LastLast
Results 25,246 to 25,260 of 26162
Like Tree10055Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    Rubbish IMO
    Read the first chapter of ĎFoolís Errandí by Scott Horton. Iím confident that alone would change your mind.
    Last edited by GIMH; 08-08-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    It’s not a one off atrocity.
    You know full well what I am saying

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Read the first chapter of ‘Fool’s Errand’ by Scott Horton. I’m confident that alone would change your mind.
    Looked this bloke up, and of course....

Scott Horton is the author of the book Fool's Errand: Time to End the War in Afghanistan, managing director of the Libertarian Institute
    So, I will understandably refuse to read anything written by one of those imbos, and just assume that with regards this particular point about western foreign policy, he is doing the broken clock thing.

As opposed to most libertarians, who do the broken record thing.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Jeez, what a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Looked this bloke up, and of course....

So, I will understandably refuse to read anything written by one of those imbos, and just assume that with regards this particular point about western foreign policy, he is doing the broken clock thing.

As opposed to most libertarians, who do the broken record thing.
    He is a libertarian, but on foreign policy heís without peer IMO. And thatís all Iíve ever actually heard him talk about/read from him. Youíd rate him IMO, not joking.
    Burgey likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    I mean he's right, but it's not like he's the first or only one saying this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    I mean he's right, but it's not like he's the first or only one saying this stuff.
    No, and I didnít say he was. But heís very very good on foreign policy.

And straight down the middle too. You wonít find him favouring left or right. For example when Obama left office, he slammed his foreign policy record but said at the end of the day, we could have had John McCain.

Anyway. Do what you will, for me heís the guy who I find most impressive on foreign policy.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Read the first chapter of ‘Fool’s Errand’ by Scott Horton. I’m confident that alone would change your mind.
    Sure, I'll give it a read

Honestly, I find blaming Western foreign policy a very dangerous explanation. It removes all accountability from the perpetrators and is essentially the child equivalent of saying 'they made me do it'. IMO it's a purely cultural and religious cause. Islam despises western culture. No one else is strapping on C4 and blowing themselves up in the name of allah
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Sure, I'll give it a read

Honestly, I find blaming Western foreign policy a very dangerous explanation. It removes all accountability from the perpetrators and is essentially the child equivalent of saying 'they made me do it'. IMO it's a purely cultural and religious cause. Islam despises western culture. No one else is strapping on C4 and blowing themselves up in the name of allah
    Listen, Iím not excusing individuals or defending actions. Certainly two wrongs donít make a right. But if we want to understand why extremists would want to attack the west then we have to look at what causes them to radicalise. We can blame George Dubya, and Tony Blair, and Hillaryís fella and Wís dad, and Reagan, and Maggie and John, and so on. And we should. But that doesnít mean the individuals are off the hook.

The point is not to say Ďwell itís ok they blew up the underground because Tony killed a million of their fellow people.í Itís to say, the reason we are in this situation where we have extremists wanting to attack the west is because of an aggressive foreign policy pursued by Britain since forever, America since forever, and their allies. Other innocent people then die and we have a vicious circle, and then we get more wars. Hillary gets excited. The bombs drop. The fun never stops.

Terrorists are still scumbags and no better than the people they detest. But the root cause is what it is. What else could we point to as a motivator?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    You can understand why something occurs or why someone does something and still condemn it.
    GIMH likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Listen, I’m not excusing individuals or defending actions. Certainly two wrongs don’t make a right. But if we want to understand why extremists would want to attack the west then we have to look at what causes them to radicalise. We can blame George Dubya, and Tony Blair, and Hillary’s fella and W’s dad, and Reagan, and Maggie and John, and so on. And we should. But that doesn’t mean the individuals are off the hook.

The point is not to say ‘well it’s ok they blew up the underground because Tony killed a million of their fellow people.’ It’s to say, the reason we are in this situation where we have extremists wanting to attack the west is because of an aggressive foreign policy pursued by Britain since forever, America since forever, and their allies. Other innocent people then die and we have a vicious circle, and then we get more wars. Hillary gets excited. The bombs drop. The fun never stops.
    Terrorists are still scumbags and no better than the people they detest. But the root cause is what it is. What else could we point to as a motivator?
    Everything in massively intertwined, but you could also factor in a massively corrupt elite in these countries who hold all the wealth and give it to family members and insiders, control the media etc.. Part of the recruiting strategy of ISIS and others plays on the fact that rule by religion, rather than secular democracy, is the way to make the place more righteous, as ****ed up as the means to getting there they believe are acceptable.

Listen, Iím not excusing individuals or defending actions. Certainly two wrongs donít make a right. But if we want to understand why extremists would want to attack the west then we have to look at what causes them to radicalise. We can blame George Dubya, and Tony Blair, and Hillaryís fella and Wís dad, and Reagan, and Maggie and John, and so on. And we should. But that doesnít mean the individuals are off the hook.

The point is not to say Ďwell itís ok they blew up the underground because Tony killed a million of their fellow people.í Itís to say, the reason we are in this situation where we have extremists wanting to attack the west is because of an aggressive foreign policy pursued by Britain since forever, America since forever, and their allies. Other innocent people then die and we have a vicious circle, and then we get more wars. Hillary gets excited. The bombs drop. The fun never stops.

Sure, its easier to recruit people wanting to blow themselves up but that doesnít explain why that push exists in the first place.

Islam preaches violence against the West. If not, violence, an active dislike of Western Culture. This exists independently of any foreign policy issues
    Groundking likes this.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    When was the last time a rich person went on a shooting spree? Or carried out a suicide attack themselves?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Sure, its easier to recruit people wanting to blow themselves up but that doesn’t explain why that push exists in the first place.

Islam preaches violence against the West. If not, violence, an active dislike of Western Culture. This exists independently of any foreign policy issues
    Apart from the sweeping generalisation there, organisations like Al Qaeda and ISIS carry out their terror fairly indiscriminately. If they were solely targeting western nations, they (or similar organisations) wouldn't be carrying out campaigns in Africa or Asia.

Any culture not in align with their own religion

Thread Information