Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1676 of 1768 FirstFirst ... 67611761576162616661674167516761677167816861726 ... LastLast
Results 25,126 to 25,140 of 26509
Like Tree10148Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    What makes you think only those posts are the basis for saying he's racist?
    Yeah I don't think there's too much evidence Ausage is a Watson-type. He is probably more willing to defend the liberty of people who do hold far-right/racist views but I don't think he's a racist himself.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Really? I think there's ****ing stacks of it.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    That's why you have to purge Nazis and racists off Youtube and Twitter etc. But of course then you get the complaints about free speech.
    Yep, this is a Nazi political correctness propoganda poster from 1928 bemoaning Hitler being being shut down when there was just massive social pushback against his ideology.

Also:

“And so, I established in 1919 a programme and tendency that was a conscious slap in the face of the democratic-pacifist world. [We knew] it might take five or ten or twenty years, yet gradually an authoritarian state arose within the democratic state, and a nucleus of fanatical devotion and ruthless determination formed in a wretched world that lacked basic convictions.

Only one danger could have jeopardised this development — if our adversaries had understood its principle, established a clear understanding of our ideas, and not offered any resistance. Or, alternatively, if they had from the first day annihilated with the utmost brutality the nucleus of our new movement.”
    - Adolf Hitler, 1933

“If the enemy had known how weak we were, it would probably have reduced us to jelly … It would have crushed in blood the very beginning of our work.” - Joseph Goebbels, 1936
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Daemon likes this.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Nazi terrorists are treated so differently by the media, perhaps because the mainstream can understand the plight (real or imagined) of a person like them more easily. Any Jihadi is basically portrayed as the impending attempted take over of Islam. Can you imagine any Right wing anchor blaming video games and lack of friends?

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Trump asking social media platforms etc. to detect shooters in advance of shootings is literally fascism.
    GIMH likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Yeah I don't think there's too much evidence Ausage is a Watson-type. He is probably more willing to defend the liberty of people who do hold far-right/racist views but I don't think he's a racist himself.
    The problem is exactly those sort of "non-racist" people who consider the rights of Nazis above anything else.
    trundler likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    Nazi terrorists are treated so differently by the media, perhaps because the mainstream can understand the plight (real or imagined) of a person like them more easily. Any Jihadi is basically portrayed as the impending attempted take over of Islam. Can you imagine any Right wing anchor blaming video games and lack of friends?
    ISIS are big anime fans so I think we know what's to blame there.

I remember watching this video a few months ago and it's really interesting to see this guy who was within the white house, how he knows what's so bad about Nationalism and still is able to deny what was going to happen.

I wonder what his views are now
    Last edited by hendrix; 06-08-2019 at 02:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    They see themselves as protecting the vulnerable white race.
    Yeah, this is true. To add to that, they see the race as vulnerable due to their inherent goodness and morality to outside immoral forces which are taking advantage of the morality of the race to subvert them. They also see the race as being incomprehensibly powerful when pushed against the wall and forced to defend themselves. For instance, Tarrant quotes a famous altered WN version of a Rudyard Kipling poem called the 'Wrath of the Awakened Saxon' in his manifesto:

It was not part of their blood,
    It came to them very late,
    With long arrears to make good,
    When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
    They were icy -- willing to wait
    Till every count should be proved,
    Ere the Saxon began to hate.

I think a lot of this goes back to post WW1 Germany. In Mein Kampf, to paraphrase roughly from memory, Hitler wrote that the biggest mistake committed in WW1 German propaganda was to portray the Germans as exceptionally strong, unbeatable supermen in contrast to the frail, weak Englishmen He believed that such a lopsided portrayal failed to make the masses involved emotionally. In contrast, he changed the framing from the basic strong v weak paradigm to a more complex system - the Germans were to be portrayed as vulnerable and capable of being corrupted due to their moral and racial purity but physically and intellectually stronger than their foes. The Jews were portrayed not as strong or intimidating but rather as dangerous due to being infectious, parasitical and degenerate. A common analogy used for this was to claim that the Jews were like rats who were dangerous not due to their individual strength but because they spread the plague in great numbers.

The modern theme stated by WNs of immigrants entering white nations and abusing that freedom by voting against the civil liberties and interests of the white race plays on this same trope, as does a lot of the more fringe/violent of the cultural marxism variant theories.
    hendrix and Uppercut like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Yeah, this is true. To add to that, they see the race as vulnerable due to their inherent goodness and morality to outside immoral forces which are taking advantage of the morality of the race to subvert them. They also see the race as being incomprehensibly powerful when pushed against the wall and forced to defend themselves. For instance, Tarrant quotes a famous altered WN version of a Rudyard Kipling poem called the 'Wrath of the Awakened Saxon' in his manifesto:

I think a lot of this goes back to post WW1 Germany. In Mein Kampf, to paraphrase roughly from memory, Hitler wrote that the biggest mistake committed in WW1 German propaganda was to portray the Germans as exceptionally strong, unbeatable supermen in contrast to the frail, weak Englishmen He believed that such a lopsided portrayal failed to make the masses involved emotionally. In contrast, he changed the framing from the basic strong v weak paradigm to a more complex system - the Germans were to be portrayed as vulnerable and capable of being corrupted due to their moral and racial purity but physically and intellectually stronger than their foes. The Jews were portrayed not as strong or intimidating but rather as dangerous due to being infectious, parasitical and degenerate. A common analogy used for this was to claim that the Jews were like rats who were dangerous not due to their individual strength but because they spread the plague in great numbers.

The modern theme stated by WNs of immigrants entering white nations and abusing that freedom by voting against the civil liberties and interests of the white race plays on this same trope, as does a lot of the more fringe/violent of the cultural marxism variant theories.
    Yeah, this is very true, but I also think there are elements of nationalistic rhetoric that don't necessarily proscribe any higher or lower moral ground or even necessarily evil intentions on the part of the other, they just see this all as one big race war - i.e. an Arab is going to do whatever it takes to ensure the dominance of the Arab race, just as white people should do whatever it takes to ensure the dominance of the white race. i.e. I don't hate you or consider you inferior, you just happen to be my enemy.

In this perverse world, one considers immigration or multiculturalism to be a threat to oneself, and a gain by the enemy.

Any gain for one Indian person or one Indian family is a gain for all of the Indian ethno-group, as if it's all some big concerted battle between these races...

It's like playing Civilization or Age of Empires to these people.
    Last edited by hendrix; 06-08-2019 at 03:07 AM.

U19 Vice-Captain Munificent_Fool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post

Nazi propaganda did plenty of that too. Ubermenschen and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Really? I think there's ****ing stacks of it.
    Exactly what I was getting at in the ban announcements feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    In order to prevent whataboutisms and responses from the right that obfuscate from us actually dealing with the problem. Ethno-nationalism is terrible and wrong in and of itself. Whether it also has a supremacy element or not doesn't change the fact that we need to deal with it.
    sure i understand this aspect of it and agree, my response was more to the way ausage latched on to your post as if that proved whatever point he was trying to make...unless he was somehow presenting it as a mitigating circumstance of tarrant's actions, it was not clear what he was trying to prove, more bewildering was the comment about tarrant appreciating pakistan's beauty or whatever...
    Last edited by Anil; 06-08-2019 at 08:49 AM.

International 12th Man
    The mass shootings/school shootings thing is a consequence of the 24 hours news cycle and then magnified by the internet imo.
    Last edited by Groundking; 06-08-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundking View Post
    The mass shootings/school shootings thing is a consequence of the 24 hours news cycle and then magnified by the internet imo.
    yep, makes perfect sense...it is not related to bigotry/fundamentalism at all, mainstream media is the culprit...

Thread Information