Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1658 of 1767 FirstFirst ... 658115815581608164816561657165816591660166817081758 ... LastLast
Results 24,856 to 24,870 of 26502
Like Tree10145Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

  1. #24856
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    1,681
    Andrew Yang has no shame, at least other politicians try to pretend that they're not just trying to buy votes. Disgusting.

    https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...63199860604928

  2. #24857
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,079
    Andrew Yang is impressive. Donald Trump has no shame.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

  3. #24858
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Great A'Tuin
    Posts
    14,569
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    I don't know what the last half of your post means, but it's pretty clear that "pragmatic centrism" doesn't work any more because the right are always going to use it to their advantage. Hell, Obama spent 8 years trying to compromise and just ended up destroying the Dems. I'm always wary of self-proclaimed centrists because they're often wonk types who lack any convictions and so treat politics as a game.
    Lucky you. Water Drop twitter was/is not a good thing.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

  4. #24859
    Evil Scotsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    away from here
    Posts
    31,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    On this,

    Hitler was a great orator is an acceptable take because it’s amoral and you’re not commenting on his moral axis at all.

    Hitler made trains run on time etc. is a ****** take because you’re doing a cost benefit analysis with genocide on the other scale.

    Differentiating which is which is sometimes hard between 50-150 characters.

    Separated analogy not a comparison with Trump etc.
    It was also Mussolini who supposedly made the trains run on time.


  5. #24860
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    877
    "That Hitler speech was impressive" and "Hitler was an impressive orator" are not equivalent statements. The first refers to what was said, the second refers to the skill which the speech was given. I think it is possible to refer to a skill without endorsing the way the skill was used.
    Groundking was clearly referring to Trumps skill in distracting away from what he was doing.

  6. #24861
    International Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    5,257
    It was disgraceful from a president

  7. #24862
    Cricketer Of The Year Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMatch View Post
    You seem in denial and/or desperately rationalizing what Trump's doing.

    Attachment 24812

    Steve Bannon himself has been open about this strategy: bait everyone into talking about race, for the explicit purpose of unifying the right around white, economic nationalism. Us vs Them. Whites and Some Good Darkies vs Evil Darkies and Commies.

    Whenever faith in capitalism declines, we historically always see it shoring itself up with such forms of crypto-fascism. And people always fall for it.
    I don't particularly care for Trump so not sure why this would be the case, but I like playing devils advocate

    I agree that it was an attempt to control the narrative too
    Zinzan likes this.

  8. #24863
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    I agree that it was an attempt to control the narrative too
    That's exactly what AOC said before Nidoking.

  9. #24864
    Hall of Fame Member weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    15,079
    https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/...-in-us-2072827

    So, now Trump supporter attacks Hindu priest saying "this is my neighbourhood". Who is surprised with this incident days after the Trump racist tweets?

  10. #24865
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,598
    Wow, antifa at it again.

  11. #24866
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    18,302
    When politicians have to apply their policies to organizations they run:

    https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...oversy-1450267
    Groundking likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  12. #24867
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,598
    Good

  13. #24868
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    18,302
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Good
    What if the campaign had fired a few so that the rest of the staff could get the minimum wage. Would have said "Good" then?

  14. #24869
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    4,598
    No because management should have taken a pay cut.

  15. #24870
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    18,302
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    No because management should have taken a pay cut.
    Well what has happened is that the higher minimum wage hasn't led to a higher salary. So, would you say there was a point to any of it?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The British Politics Thread
    By cover drive man in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 17293
    Last Post: Today, 01:23 PM
  2. Media
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 07:10 AM
  3. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Magrat Garlick in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 12:06 PM
  4. Finally ! A Last Word Thread
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •