Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1656 of 1794 FirstFirst ... 656115615561606164616541655165616571658166617061756 ... LastLast
Results 24,826 to 24,840 of 26900
Like Tree10294Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Oh I've seen the worst ones quoted and stuff just not the whole spiel in full, looking through the tweets there's not been much added to what I didn't know already, reads in a pretty deranged manner though haha
    Ya I mean the only time I heard the "Go back to your country" thingy was when it was told to a black woman by a white beggar in Wood Green London KFC after she refused to give him any food for free. It sounded horrible, the lady felt really threatened. That was a beggar who probably didn't have much education, probably came from a poor background and was probably driven by hunger at that stage and still I didn't give him any benefit of doubt. He heard a mouthful from me. And here we are talking about the President of the world's most powerful country who comes from an extremely privileged background.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Most of America agrees with the main policies of AOC and friends, if the Dems actually ran on them they'd win easily, but they're incredibly dumb.
    Citation needed

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Groundking View Post
    So you don't think that in a normal situation Trump ending asylum wouldn't be front page news all week long?
    It's not about that. I just think your pom-poms are missing when you cheer for Trump.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    It's not about that. I just think your pom-poms are missing when you cheer for Trump.
    Just because I'm saying that it's impressive doesn't mean that I agree with what he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Most of America agrees with the main policies of AOC and friends, if the Dems actually ran on them they'd win easily, but they're incredibly dumb.
    This is very debatable. I mean I know AOC's rise is social media popularity is huge by any standards - but that doesn't necessarily mean most people following her also support all her policies. Maybe she has people's attention because she's bringing something new to the table.
    Last edited by weldone; 18-07-2019 at 05:40 AM.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    imagine being this ghoulish
    TBF I read it as him pointing out that the tweets were a smokescreen for a far more sinister policy move.

Thought Libertarians were generally supposed to be pro-open borders, but can't speak for Groundking obvoiusly.
    Bijed likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    TBF I read it as him pointing out that the tweets were a smokescreen for a far more sinister policy move.

Thought Libertarians were generally supposed to be pro-open borders, but can't speak for Groundking obvoiusly.
    Exactly!

Well whilst we currently have a welfare state open borders are a big no no, but if we got rid of the welfare state then things can become much more relaxed, however there must still be some control as what's to stop an adversarial foreign power (for example China) from sending its people to flood the country and just vote in their puppet? Obviously this issue is solved if we go full ancap, but I just don't see how we ever get to that point, but I do think that Minarchism (which is what I am) is possible due to the fact that we've acheived it before.
    Ausage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Yeah it was massively clear. The hysterical response from some is to be expected, but Uppercut/Spark etc less so.

Probably one of those conversations that works better in person though.

Just because I'm saying that it's impressive doesn't mean that I agree with what he's done.
    So, you have been impressed while disagreeing? I can't relate because I don't remember having that combination of feeling and opinion simultaneously on anything.
    Last edited by weldone; 18-07-2019 at 06:46 AM.

So, you have been impressed while disagreeing? I can't relate because I don't remember having that combination of feeling and opinion simultaneously on anything.
    It's like how I feel about Tony Blair. The epitome of evil, enacted terrible policies and has more blood on his hands than most. But he was an absolutely brilliant politician.

State Captain
    Yes! The way he controls the narrative is amazing, nobody else even comes close, how is it not impressive how he does this and continues to do this after 3 years, you would think his opponents would learn to play to his tune all the time.

Exactly!

Well whilst we currently have a welfare state open borders are a big no no, but if we got rid of the welfare state then things can become much more relaxed, however there must still be some control as what's to stop an adversarial foreign power (for example China) from sending its people to flood the country and just vote in their puppet? Obviously this issue is solved if we go full ancap, but I just don't see how we ever get to that point, but I do think that Minarchism (which is what I am) is possible due to the fact that we've acheived it before.
    Further to this, if you have a problem with high levels of immigration the most practical solutions are reducing push factors (imperialist warmongering, war on drugs) and pull factors (welfare state, war on drugs). All these are core Libertarian positions.
    Groundking likes this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

On this,

Hitler was a great orator is an acceptable take because itís amoral and youíre not commenting on his moral axis at all.

Hitler made trains run on time etc. is a ****** take because youíre doing a cost benefit analysis with genocide on the other scale.

Differentiating which is which is sometimes hard between 50-150 characters.

Separated analogy not a comparison with Trump etc.
    GIMH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Hitler was a great orator is an acceptable take... you’re not commenting on his moral axis at all
    Sure, but "That Hitler speech was impressive." is a markedly different take. In that case, without any other justification, it's safe to assume you broadly agree with the contents of the speech imo.
    Last edited by weldone; 18-07-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Thread Information