Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1641 of 1769 FirstFirst ... 641114115411591163116391640164116421643165116911741 ... LastLast
Results 24,601 to 24,615 of 26531
Like Tree10155Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Is it true that every republican State Senator in Oregon has fled the State to deny a quorum on a vote to introduce a cap and trade carbon reduction Bill? I read it on social media, but surely it isn't true.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar

First Class Debutant
    IF Beto O'Rourke is the candidate, perhaps not very likely, it might help chances in Texas but it is surely a long shot unless Trump finally totally falls apart and the Democrats win by a huge margin.

citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

There's not a lot of information tbf but what's there is ****ing bizarre.
    Last edited by Ausage; 27-06-2019 at 12:02 AM.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Also in other news and more following on from an old discussion in this and other threads, this is an interesting experiment in California going on:

I really think that this stuff would be surprisingly popular with the public if backed and the sceptics in this video are suffering from a severe lack of imagination and zero-sum thinking. There's something intuitively appealing about the idea of "there's too much CO2 in the air, so simply extract it and bury it".

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Also in other news and more following on from an old discussion in this and other threads, this is an interesting experiment in California going on:

I really think that this stuff would be surprisingly popular with the public if backed and the sceptics in this video are suffering from a severe lack of imagination and zero-sum thinking. There's something intuitively appealing about the idea of "there's too much CO2 in the air, so simply extract it and bury it".
    Was there not a climate change thread?

But I`m one of those sceptics. Not because I don't think it should be done (anything that makes a situation better is good) but because ultimately there is no product to sell except altruism particularly if you want to actually remove the carbon from the atmosphere. So yes if you can make carbon capture part of the overall cost of products in the long run it may work, and initially it actually needs to include reduction before just becoming a neutral offset. But practically I can't see people giving enough of a **** to actually do this because they would and do complain about additional taxes and costs, and additional red tape that makes this work. Places like California are rare and even they don't actually pay or do enough to really make it viable; and you look at the other countries that do it they all in the top 1% that largely can afford to do it with relatively smaller populations.

I think carbon capture may be a saviour down the line when people no longer have to just look at it from an altruistic point of view but because their everyday lives are being so extremely negatively effected by climate change that they would be ok with the costs, but that is going to come at the cost of many lives and extreme catastrophes.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

horrifying but par for the course in primitive, barbaric cultures like alabama...

First Class Debutant
    Just wrong and makes no sense at all.

First Class Debutant
    Julian Castro probably gained the most from the first debate, I expect him to jump a bit in the polls.
    Warren might as well but that might also depend a bit on how Sanders does in the second debate as they seem to be fighting against each other for the same group of voters.

They were also wasting there time bar Warren who was the only contender on stage last night.

Also what a shock that Tulsi got the gotcha question as expected, however her smashing some knob banging on about the working class and suggesting staying in Afghanistan forever was a top moment.

Beto O Rourke was the dud of the night, a nothing politician bar slogans. Get ****ed.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    They were also wasting there time bar Warren who was the only contender on stage last night.

Also what a shock that Tulsi got the gotcha question as expected, however her smashing some knob banging on about the working class and suggesting staying in Afghanistan forever was a top moment.

Beto O Rourke was the dud of the night, a nothing politician bar slogans. Get ****ed.
    Probably most of them were wasting their time if they really are aiming to be President.

Inslee might be only running to try and get more attention to climate change and the need for action. He might consider it to be a success if he gets on the stage for a number of debates and pushes that line.

I do however believe someone from the lower group will emerge and play a significant role in the race. Winning it is probably unlikely but in the final 3 or 4 is certainly very possible.

If Biden proves himself to be a strong candidate then everyone, including Warren might be fighting to finish second, but if he stumbles then it really does give a lot more of them a chance.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Moderators: please tell us what you believe the first thing you’d change if you became president?
    Biden: we should appreciate Obama more
    Sanders: **** this question
    Buttgieg: our whole democracy
    Williamson: **** New Zealand

That was a great debate
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Kamala Harris set fire to Biden as well, Jesus.

Thought Kamala, Pete, Biden, Sanders and to an extent Gillibrand (though man she started poorly) all can out looking like genuine contenders. With Kamala and Pete on the rise, Biden deflating and Sanders treading grumpy old man water.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I hope Kamala keeps burning Biden but a prosecutor can’t be the nominee. If she gets close someone will track down some kid she wrongly jailed for 20 years because one of his farts smelled like weed and plaster him all over the ads.
    GIMH likes this.

Thread Information