cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1636 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 6361136153615861626163416351636163716381646 ... LastLast
Results 24,526 to 24,540 of 24867
Like Tree9649Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Thought Spark might be interested given our discussion in the EU thread after the (equally ambiguous) murder of the politician in Germany.

Didn't really give much thought to whether it would get the Anil stamp of approval.
    Yeah it's notable. But one thing I'll note that there's certainly a pattern of significant liberal figures being targeted because of their liberalism, quite explicitly so. This is most obviously the case in eastern and southeastern Europe, Brazil and the Phillipines. I'm not aware of a groundswell of violent revolt against conservatism in... outer suburban Oklahoma. Portland, maybe.
    Last edited by Spark; 09-06-2019 at 05:25 AM.
    Anil likes this.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah it's notable. But one thing I'll note that there's certainly a pattern of significant liberal figures being targeted because of their liberalism, quite explicitly so. I'm not aware of a groundswell of violent revolt against conservatism in... outer suburban Oklahoma. Portland, maybe.
    I mean whenever a politician is murdered you have to assume their politics is a potential motive. It only takes one person to murder another so the location shouldn't be all that relevant. Plenty more red targets in OK than Oregon.

That said, I'd probably put money on something more targeted than random escalation from some Antifa types. The Collins-Smith one has a domestic whiff about it too.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Politicians, former or current, get off’d and it’s going to raise eyebrows immediately. If local heat doesn’t come up with a reasonable suspect in the first 48, that’ll be even weirder.

Thought Spark might be interested given our discussion in the EU thread after the (equally ambiguous) murder of the politician in Germany.

Didn't really give much thought to whether it would get the Anil stamp of approval.
    it was a valid question but whatever...

Yeah it's notable. But one thing I'll note that there's certainly a pattern of significant liberal figures being targeted because of their liberalism, quite explicitly so. This is most obviously the case in eastern and southeastern Europe, Brazil and the Phillipines. I'm not aware of a groundswell of violent revolt against conservatism in... outer suburban Oklahoma. Portland, maybe.
    this...

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    https://reason.com/2019/05/01/gillib...-to-campaigns/

Polling at 0% for a ****ing reason.
    https://twitter.com/Behind2020/statu...94170392080384

I mean yeah I agree and in the grand scheme of things who cares,,, but anyone somehow wondering why Gilly is absolutely bombing, this is why, just no authenticity whatsoever.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Grasshopper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Trump's propagandist-in-chief Sarah Hucksterbee Sanders is resigning at the end of the month. Officially resigning, that is, considering she hasn't given a single WH press briefing in 94 days. Good riddance to the lying witch.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...aving-n1017761

“I’m not an anomaly. I am a Baptist preacher that is just preaching the Bible and if it offends society, then it’s going to offend society, but if all these other pastors would grow a spine … and would stand up just like I’m standing up," he told reporters.

Fritts insisted he doesn't want harm to come to any gay people.
    no harm to them. just have them all rounded up and killed.

the thing about these people - from the ultrabigots to the integralists to the plain old "free speech warriors" who only care about it when someone is cruel or nasty to the ~snowflakes~ and then turn around and call for people who support the 1A-protected right to burn the flag to be forcibly expelled from the country is that they're all ****ing liars, and there is no end to the lying.
    Last edited by Spark; 17-06-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    vcs and Anil like this.

the only thing that he said is true is that he is not an anomaly...and that there are a lot of people who hold the same position...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...aving-n1017761

no harm to them. just have them all rounded up and killed.

the thing about these people - from the ultrabigots to the integralists to the plain old "free speech warriors" who only care about it when someone is cruel or nasty to the ~snowflakes~ and then turn around and call for people who support the 1A-protected right to burn the flag to be forcibly expelled from the country is that they're all ****ing liars, and there is no end to the lying.
    Huh?

Why is it that whenever some ultraloon says something disgusting it instantly gets turned into a ridiculous guilt by association on people who don't want governments enforcing speech? As if 1a would protect someone calling for gays to be murdered anyway.

You just want the political cudgel.

But of course, such eminently reasonable commentary on this very site implying all Christians believe gays should be killed just fly on by.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Is the last a reference to the Folau thing over here?

Can't believe it's being made into a freedom of religion/ speech thing tbh. No one has stopped him preaching or worshiping ffs. He just breached a contract. It's his own bone-headed fault he's out of a job.

I reckon the Venn diagram of those who say it is a religious freedom/ freedom of speech issue is a perfect circle with those who reckon indigenous players absolutely should sing the national anthem, and it's a disgrace if they don't.

But anyway, really haven't been following a great deal of what's going on over in the States atm. Has the Democrat field of about 80 been whittled down at all yet?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

You just want the political cudgel.

But of course, such eminently reasonable commentary on this very site implying all Christians believe gays should be killed just fly on by.
    Didn't you recently make the same judgement on Saudi Arabians/middle eastern people in general though?

It's a reference to the post-liberals like Ahmari on one end, who are outright opposed to liberalism these days, and hyper-Trumpists like Owens on the other, for whom liberal protections on free speech are nothing more than a rhetorical tool to beat the left but not an actual, well, principle. They lie constantly about their true motivations and goals. U didn't say "all Christians" or even "all conservatives", just the ones who are ascendant in the right at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Is the last a reference to the Folau thing over here?
    It's a reference to the post above mine. The implication that the guy was speaking the truth when he said all Christians feel the same as he does.

Didn't care about the Folau thing. It was all a bit hysterical (like, most of this forum would be going to hell as per his definition), but at the end of the day his post was stupid to the point of appearing an almost deliberate provocation for the action RA eventually took. I mean seriously, what else did the guy expect?

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Didn't you recently make the same judgement on Saudi Arabians/middle eastern people in general though?
    I believe my comments were limited to the nation of Saudi Arabia, a place where homosexuality is punishable by death. The context being that the conservative wing of such a nation would, by definition, support such extreme behaviour.
    Last edited by Ausage; 17-06-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Burgey likes this.

Thread Information