Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1629 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 629112915291579161916271628162916301631163916791729 ... LastLast
Results 24,421 to 24,435 of 26111
Like Tree10039Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Trainwreck of an interview with Shapiro and Andrew Neil. Clearly Ben did not do his homework as he called Neil editor of the spectator a leftie.
    Not Shapiro's finest hour was it. Andrew Neil is generally a cynical old **** towards everyone he interviews, I'd have thought Shapiro would have handled it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Standard for alt-right snowflakes. As soon as you start getting asked difficult questions just accuse your opponent of being a lefty.
    Have to agree on this occasion, he was as snowflakey as those he normally calls out from the other side of the spectrum.
    Last edited by Zinzan; 10-05-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Clicked on the video and realised too late how ****ed my youtube recommendations are going to be now.
    I don't know what I've clicked on or watched recently, the other day when I was watching something the recommended videos were all 'Shapiro/Peterson DESTROYS this feminist' type videos.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Thank you for your time and for showing that anger is not part of American political discourse.

vcs likes this.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

And even if this were true. Even if the heads of all these outfits were secretly meeting in the bowels of their volcano headquarters to plot how to kill “conservatism of all stripes” — right before they ban the semicolon and right after they give Steve Gutenberg’s career a boost — the notion they could succeed is sophomoric nonsense betraying a wildly perverted understanding of what conservatism is. (Hint: It’s not the unadorned right to use someone else’s platform to monetize owning the libs.)

Indeed, I sometimes suspect that the paranoia overtaking parts of the Right and so-called Right these days stems from a sneaking terror that certain business models aren’t sustainable anymore.

Still, the hilarious thing about the calls from the Right for the government to step in is that they think that will solve the problem. Yes, by all means, let’s give government bureaucrats the power to determine what speech should be permitted, they’ll always give conservatives the benefit of the doubt. You’d think the fact that Mark Zuckerberg wants the federal government to take over the task of policing harmful content on its site would give these people pause. There’s a long history of corporate behemoths wanting the government to regulate them because it not only takes risks and costs off its balance sheets but also makes them too big to fail.

Again, times are different today. But perhaps they are not as different as the people who believe they have an unalienable right to have their jackassery boosted over someone else’s microphone think. Back before the Internet, writers and other public figures understood that certain obligations came with both the right and the privilege to use someone else’s newsprint or TV cameras. Don’t lie. Don’t be a jerk. Don’t encourage bigotry and thuggery. These rules weren’t just professional codes of conduct, they were cultural codes of conduct — codes at the heart of the best forms of small-c conservatism. Violating these codes had consequences not just professionally but socially. But now we live in a time when any consequences for our own asininity are definitionally unjust. I fail to see how that’s a trend conservatives should celebrate, never mind fuel.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/g-fil...-rightwingers/
    Prince EWS, hendrix, Dan and 4 others like this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Thank you for your time and for showing that anger is not part of American political discourse.

That ending really cracked me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Standard for alt-right snowflakes. As soon as you start getting asked difficult questions just accuse your opponent of being a lefty.
    Very poor from Shapiro and he has acknowledged that he got destroyed.

Labelling him alt right is just weird though...
    Ausage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Very poor from Shapiro and he has acknowledged that he got destroyed.

Labelling him alt right is just weird though...
    Not sure weird is the word I'd use but it's certainly quite stunningly inaccurate.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Evil Scotsman
    Anil likes this.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Because this is the type of thing parents should worry about in a civilized society:
    https://www.vox.com/health-care/2019...&ICID=ref_****

I see stuff like this happen often.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Because this is the type of thing parents should worry about in a civilized society:
    https://www.vox.com/health-care/2019...&ICID=ref_****

I see stuff like this happen often.
    Anil likes this.

Shite response though. Alt right is a toxic label, so throwing it out at a bog standard conservative is *********

However - Shapiro’s own antics in said interview don’t sit much differently.

Very poor

Wait aren't Alt-righters the ones we're allowed to hit? You'd think it'd be an important label to get right.

More important to be morally right than factually correct I guess.

Cricket Champion!
    To be fair to Shapiro, the questions were clearly being asked in a partisan way - what Shapiro didn't realise is that's just how he interviews. I'm surprised he got so pissed off though, he has faced much worse. Must have been having a bad day
    Last edited by Ikki; 12-05-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    ★★★★★

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is the ‘Green New Deal’ a specific and established set of policies, or is it a general brand that covers a broad and fluid range of potential policies?

Thread Information