Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1615 of 2052 FirstFirst ... 615111515151565160516131614161516161617162516651715 ... LastLast
Results 24,211 to 24,225 of 30777
Like Tree11931Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

  1. #24211
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Contraceptive programs and welfare are empirically much, much cheaper ways of bringing down the rate of abortion, I wonder how Ausage feels about those eh.
    Supportive of freely available contraceptives. I don't see the state being the ideal apparatus for enabling it, but in terms of gratuitous misuses of stolen money it's very far down the list of things I object to.

    Welfare's a different story.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

    Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

    RIP Craig

  2. #24212
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    What happens when AOC eats ice cream too fast?



































    Nothing. Absolutely nothing!
    Not getting the appreciation it deserves this.

  3. #24213
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    >REMOVED BY DAN<
    Posts
    43,499
    a foetus isn't a human. when it becomes human is up for debate, but it's rights don't trump those of the real human.

    ausages idea that criminalizing abortion will make people be careful with *** (because micro managing peoples *** lives as we know is the business of ausages opinions and other social conservatives) is pissing into the wind of human history.

    people have had horrifying *** out of wedlock in eras when you'd be hung, or burned or some other awful thing. vestal virgins got caught taking the pilum of biggus dickus and were buried alive. they still did it.

    people want to bang, all you'll be doing with your outdated moralising is boosting the black market economies of back alleys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersmurf View Post
    k :) sounds good. u just want to have the most don't ya?? ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hehe - of course :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersmurf View Post
    u and ure eleven cricket balls........
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    HEHE :D

    You can finish up with a lot more ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Please sig this Dad.
    before replying remember
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I don't actually know as much as I pretend
    proudly supporting central districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  4. #24214
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    >REMOVED BY DAN<
    Posts
    43,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Imagine wanting to throw a rape victim in gaol for 99 years while the bloke who rapes her gets 10-15.
    lets not pretend he's actually getting convicted in a lot of countries either


  5. #24215
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    >REMOVED BY DAN<
    Posts
    43,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Obviously Ausage thinks the state should unilaterally decide what constitutes a life, and then violently enforce that view, rather than leaving it to the judgement of the parent. Of course he does.
    post of the week

  6. #24216
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    post of the week
    A hypocritical statist invoking a warped intepretation of libertarian values in a cheap attempt to discredit a poster for some internet points.

    You're a generous marker.
    Last edited by Ausage; 06-04-2019 at 08:47 PM.

  7. #24217
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Insular Peninsula
    Posts
    71,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Welfare's a different story.
    Presumbaly you don’t claim the baby bonus.

  8. #24218
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Insular Peninsula
    Posts
    71,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Lol.

    I love it. Now you're just openly pro murder.

    **** you.
    Only for conservatives and libertarians, of course. That way it’s not like you’re ending the life of a sentient being.

  9. #24219
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Insular Peninsula
    Posts
    71,777
    I am genuinely curious to know the background to these views, because they seem incongruent with the concerns you’ve expressed previously about the apparently horrendous subjugation of women because wear a hijab.

  10. #24220
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I am genuinely curious to know the background to these views, because they seem incongruent with the concerns you’ve expressed previously about the apparently horrendous subjugation of women because wear a hijab.
    Youre a chronic shitposter with no interest in engaging me or my views in good faith.

    You'll get nothing from me in this sub again.

  11. #24221
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    calling out bang bang kiss kiss
    Posts
    57,196
    Yeah I don't think this of all issues is a really good issue to troll other posters on.
    morgieb likes this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une r?volution sans r?volution?

    those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

  12. #24222
    Cricketer Of The Year Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    a foetus isn't a human. when it becomes human is up for debate, but it's rights don't trump those of the real human.

    ausages idea that criminalizing abortion will make people be careful with *** (because micro managing peoples *** lives as we know is the business of ausages opinions and other social conservatives) is pissing into the wind of human history.

    people have had horrifying *** out of wedlock in eras when you'd be hung, or burned or some other awful thing. vestal virgins got caught taking the pilum of biggus dickus and were buried alive. they still did it.

    people want to bang, all you'll be doing with your outdated moralising is boosting the black market economies of back alleys.
    It's not about micromanaging people's *** lives so much as it's about not engaging with the attitude that abortion represents a perfectly viable and morally acceptable back-up to contraception the way I see it.

    Can't say I've ever been in love with the argument that when enough people break a law it's a stupid law either, but I see your point and somewhat agree
    Last edited by Maximas; 07-04-2019 at 02:43 AM.

  13. #24223
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Insular Peninsula
    Posts
    71,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Youre a chronic shitposter with no interest in engaging me or my views in good faith.

    You'll get nothing from me in this sub again.
    Disappointed to be blacklisted by the publicly acceptable face of the hard right.

  14. #24224
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    27,072
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Surely the Alabama law contravenes Roe v Wade? I could maybe see Kauvanagh going for it but I don't think Roberts will.

    Needless to say, not including rape and incest exceptions is ****ed. In saying that though abortion is an issue that I'm pretty conflicted on.
    It’s shitposting in a legal sense. They know it won’t go anywhere because to overturn Roe vs Wade, they’d need to make constitutional argument by reinterpreting a couple of amendments to the Bill of Rights. This, of course, is impossible because the same people tend to be rather in favour of the immutability of amendments where it concerns that tricky 2nd one and the placement of its comma. I.e. if Roe vs Wade is up for grabs, so are the guns.

    The best they can hope for is to make it a state’s rights issue and I’d suggest that’s exactly what they’ll do.

  15. #24225
    International Coach StephenZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa / UK
    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    It's not about micromanaging people's *** lives so much as it's about not engaging with the attitude that abortion represents a perfectly viable and morally acceptable back-up to contraception the way I see it.
    That is a fallacy and an attempt at demonising women who have abortions. Abortion is not treated by women as an alternative (or even back-up) to contraception.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."

    "I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The British Politics Thread
    By cover drive man in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 20392
    Last Post: Today, 09:48 AM
  2. Media
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
  3. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Magrat Garlick in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Finally ! A Last Word Thread
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •