Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1596 of 1712 FirstFirst ... 596109614961546158615941595159615971598160616461696 ... LastLast
Results 23,926 to 23,940 of 25671
Like Tree9880Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    He just said, didn't he?
    Donít mind him, heís trying to be funny

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Well we're making qualitative judgments on what's money properly earned and what isn't. GIMH probably thinks if it's earned in the private sector then it's been "actually earned". But I'm checking as to whether that's the case, because I'm familiar with the industry he's in, and imo a portion of the earnings of that sector are about as legitimately earned as some of those in mine.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Well we're making qualitative judgments on what's money properly earned and what isn't. GIMH probably thinks if it's earned in the private sector then it's been "actually earned". But I'm checking as to whether that's the case, because I'm familiar with the industry he's in, and imo a portion of the earnings of that sector are about as legitimately earned as some of those in mine.
    I didnít say that.

In fairness I will let you off as I think youíre asking a fair question. My point was more that state money is never legitimate but i do agree that there is of course illegitimately earned money elsewhere too; the difference is it doesnít make up the whole sum in the private sector.
    Groundking likes this.

Well that's your view and you're entitled to it of course, as banal and idiotic as it is.

It's as dodgy and weird as this Jadhav ****'s bowling action.

Jadhav's bowling average is libertarian af.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Low and slow, like a libertarian's IQ?

Low and slow, like a libertarian's IQ?
    Why do you hate science so much?
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    What about when you have a "$10 meal" in the States, and you get a ****ing bill for $18-20 after they add all the state taxes, then because they like their full time employees over there to double as beggars while they get paid **** all, you have to tip the poor bastard who's served you a massive percentage of the cost of the meal. Gagf. Pay your people a decent ****ing wage to begin with. **** culture.

Waikiki is over rated, while I'm at it. Just a **** joint - Surfers with palm trees. And they import the sand from Wanda beach in Sydney.
    Hawaii is overrated in general from people who've been there (I've never been).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    RE VAT - donít you have sales tax in America? Either way, how can you argue further down the page for progressive taxes and then argue for VAT, which penalises the poor far more, with a straight face?
    Sales tax is only at one point in the chain - and it is very variable and state dependent. And many people have published ways that you can mitigate the impact of a VAT on people who are poor (by rebates, or via other mechanisms).

North Shore of Oahu, inlike the north shore of Sydney is excellent. Enjoyed the big island too, but Waikiki was ****ed tbh.

Islands are very pretty, mind you but Iím no right arse and we were ****ing haemorrhaging money there like we couldnít believe.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Sales tax is only at one point in the chain - and it is very variable and state dependent. And many people have published ways that you can mitigate the impact of a VAT on people who are poor (by rebates, or via other mechanisms).
    We mitigated the impact here to an extent by not charging it on fresh food and certain other essentials which I canít recall atm.

By other essentials, I mean things like French champagne, obviously

North Shore of Oahu, inlike the north shore of Sydney is excellent. Enjoyed the big island too, but Waikiki was ****ed tbh.

Islands are very pretty, mind you but I’m no right arse and we were ****ing haemorrhaging money there like we couldn’t believe.
    Yeah and I've heard the food is comparatively terrible too. Especially for the price. And a lack of variety. Honestly, not a place I plan on visiting anytime soon. Would love to go to Australia though - probably my next trip overseas will be SE Asia and/or Australia.

And I completely agree with paying people a living wage. This needing to tip for people to make a living is ridiculous.

Come to Australia and we will even let you onto the insular penninsula here in Balmain. Itíll be a good excuse for a cw catch up. Been a while since Iíve had one of those.

We mitigated the impact here to an extent by not charging it on fresh food and certain other essentials which I canít recall atm.
    Yeah food and kids clothes are exempt here I believe

Everything should be exempt of course, but never mind. Mafia has to look after its racket

Thread Information