Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1584 of 1711 FirstFirst ... 584108414841534157415821583158415851586159416341684 ... LastLast
Results 23,746 to 23,760 of 25662
Like Tree9877Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

  1. #23746
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I think Biden running will result in Obama’s tenure being unsympathetically re-evaluated. Plus he’s a bit creepy. It'll be a repeat of Hillary.

    Unlike Hillary Biden would attract enough support in the right places to get over the line. But I don’t think he’s the strongest candidate.
    What do you mean? He will lose? but he will attract enough votes to win?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  2. #23747
    International Regular Victor Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,151
    Think he meant he is creepy like Hillary but a creep that would win.

  3. #23748
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,931
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    What do you mean? He will lose? but he will attract enough votes to win?
    I mean the general pattern of the campaign would be the same but it would end with Biden winning, because his vote would be distributed in a more electorally beneficial way.

  4. #23749
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I mean the general pattern of the campaign would be the same but it would end with Biden winning, because his vote would be distributed in a more electorally beneficial way.
    hmm, hard to see him being creepy enough to get to hillary level


  5. #23750
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,674
    what are the chances of Bernie being nominated? Will the dem establishment again put all their weight to ensure he doesn't get nominated?

  6. #23751
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    what are the chances of Bernie being nominated? Will the dem establishment again put all their weight to ensure he doesn't get nominated?
    Whether rightfully or wrongly, yeah the dem establishment would like Bernie to **** off for sure. When he announced it was interesting the most hostile reception wasn't from the right but the "resistance" ***** on twitter. He will be accused of not been strong enough on Russia even though he has spoke out on them numerous times, will be blamed for 2016, and identity politics will be aimed at him for sure..."old white man" etc.

    However he is currently 3rd fav with most bookies, just behind Biden who may not run and Harris who we simply don't know how formidable she will be next year. Harris may win, but she may be another Rubio.

    Bernie has a pretty huge base from 2016 that won't go away and nobody has really filled the void their. Harris, Booker have ran to the left, but many of the Bernie base will be skeptical.

    He has a chance, but its really hard to call right now especially as we are sill waiting on Beto and Biden who are 2 of the top 4 favs to actually declare.

  7. #23752
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    I don't think the DNC will intervene as directly as they did last time with Bernie. They've moved closer to him ideologically in the last few years and he kissed the ring after bowing out in 2016.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

    Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

    RIP Craig

  8. #23753
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,643
    I don't think it was particularly due to the DNC being especially anti-Bernie, so much as they were pro-Hillary. She definitely seems like the sort that can politically move things behind the scenes in her favour. I don't particularly hold that against her either, a good politician greases the wheels of bureaucracy.

    Though a good politician is likely a dire person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  9. #23754
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    21,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I don't think it was particularly due to the DNC being especially anti-Bernie, so much as they were pro-Hillary. She definitely seems like the sort that can politically move things behind the scenes in her favour. I don't particularly hold that against her either, a good politician greases the wheels of bureaucracy.

    Though a good politician is likely a dire person.
    Well, that and the DNC being stacked with Hillary people throughout the entire Obama Presidency.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

  10. #23755
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I think Biden running will result in Obama’s tenure being unsympathetically re-evaluated. Plus he’s a bit creepy. It'll be a repeat of Hillary.

    Unlike Hillary I think Biden would attract enough support in the right places to get over the line. But I don’t think he’s the strongest candidate.
    If not Biden, then who exactly are you referring to? One of the several socialist-leaning candidates out there. Man, the likes of AOC and those following her hard left direction really are the gift that keeps giving for Trump.

    It took a god- awful candidate to lose to him in 2016, and now potentially a hard left somewhat radical opponent in 2020.

    Surely it’s obvious to anyone that a more traditionally centre democratic like a Biden is the Dems best chance and a much safer bet, albeit the “Uncle Joe” creep videos that are likely to resurface.

  11. #23756
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    16,109
    Wasn't he a bit of a gaffe machine as well?
    Prince EWS likes this.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

  12. #23757
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I don't think the DNC will intervene as directly as they did last time with Bernie. They've moved closer to him ideologically in the last few years and he kissed the ring after bowing out in 2016.
    HRC cleared out the traditional field completely in 2014-15. Bernie being outside the party structure helped him in that regard but that's not really the case now, you can't really make the case that Bernie is just wildcard that comes out of nowhere. His influence within the party itself is now enormous, he's part of the structure.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

  13. #23758
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    HRC cleared out the traditional field completely in 2014-15. Bernie being outside the party structure helped him in that regard but that's not really the case now, you can't really make the case that Bernie is just wildcard that comes out of nowhere. His influence within the party itself is now enormous, he's part of the structure.
    Well yeah, I read something on that very point that he really won’t stand out or have that differentiator anymore since the others have all moved in his 2016 direction. Then add to that the fact he’ll be 79 by Nov 2020, it’s not a point in his favour.

    That said Biden won’t be a spring chicken either come the election, turning 78 in November 2020.

  14. #23759
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,643
    Bernie looks 79, Biden doesnt look 78. It's the big difference IMO.

  15. #23760
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    21,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Bernie looks 79, Biden doesnt look 78. It's the big difference IMO.
    Bernie does look old but he still seems fairly sprightly for someone in his late 70's. Compare him to Trump.....

    Still a big worry though. There has to be at least a 50/50 chance that someone aged 79 dies within the next 8 years.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The British Politics Thread
    By cover drive man in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 15847
    Last Post: Today, 09:49 AM
  2. Media
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
  3. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Magrat Garlick in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Finally ! A Last Word Thread
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •