Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1576 of 1760 FirstFirst ... 576107614761526156615741575157615771578158616261676 ... LastLast
Results 23,626 to 23,640 of 26399
Like Tree10113Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    not talking about here
    Well I mean, out in the real world people also believe the world is flat, that vaccines cause autism, that the moon landing was faked, that Trump is a lizard person, that Trump is the only one that isn't a lizard person, that Ish Sodhi is a better ODI spinner than Santner and all sorts of batshit crazy things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I doubt any senior politician would've been put behind bars in her position (for the #emails stuff anyway), I think it's a coin flip for an ordinary government worker though.
    that's rather messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well I mean, out in the real world people also believe the world is flat, that vaccines cause autism, that the moon landing was faked, that Trump is a lizard person, that Trump is the only one that isn't a lizard person, that Ish Sodhi is a better ODI spinner than Santner and all sorts of batshit crazy things.
    nah come on she still has a massive following and general support from democrats.

She's pretty much cast as a victim from major portions on the left.

It's embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    that's rather messed up.
    A bit. I personally view it as something a person should 100% be sacked for, but not necessarily go to jail for. Always found it strange how rarely people brought it up from that angle. Something doesn't need to result in being criminally negligent to be damning.

nah come on she still has a massive following and general support from democrats.

It's embarrassing.
    Most of the world, and America in particular seem to follow politics like sports. The Blue Teams players are the best because I support them, the Red Teams players are the worst etc. I think there is a lack of useful critical conversation by everyone regarding political theory and politicians. And as soon as someone uses a term like "the left" or "on both sides" everything is pretty much thrown out the window.

by proper candidate I think the point is she was a **** candidate and she was called out for being **** at that time too.

There could have been a lot many better candidates but because she was well connected in the democratic establishment, they put full force behind her.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    by proper candidate I think the point is she was a **** candidate and she was called out for being **** at that time too.

There could have been a lot many better candidates but because she was well connected in the democratic establishment, they put full force behind her.
    Correction: She corruptly manipulated the democratic party to put full force behind her.

Correction: She corruptly manipulated the democratic party to put full force behind her.
    So in other words, as par for the course as you'll get in American politics.
    Zinzan and Prince EWS like this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Honestly I have no real idea here, but I feel like the assumption that independents must be moderate centrists is a bit overblown.
    Yeah, especially in the US where independents have to actually vote to be relevant to Zinzan's point.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    that's rather messed up.

It's embarrassing.
    I think the left pretty much hates her. It's the centrists that diefied her.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    This.

Pretty sure he would have beat Trump had he stood last time.

I think the dems will again try to put some other shite establishment candidate like Hillary and manage to lose again.
    He possibly would have won in 2016 (although who knows what the Russians might have dug up on him) but the economic debate that he was similar to Trump on has kind of moved on/evolved. Unemployment is low and its probably not going to be as big an issue come 2020. More likely Trump can run a scare campaign about how if taxes go up, and/or the Green New Deal comes in, businesses will flee the country again.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    He possibly would have won in 2016 (although who knows what the Russians might have dug up on him) but the economic debate that he was similar to Trump on has kind of moved on/evolved. Unemployment is low and its probably not going to be as big an issue come 2020. More likely Trump can run a scare campaign about how if taxes go up, and/or the Green New Deal comes in, businesses will flee the country again.
    It really is about how good a story you can sell. Even when Trump was campaigning the unemployment numbers were near historical lows. It's not like the unemployment rate reduced by half as soon as Trump took over.

He would still beat Trump I think because he can energize his own base as Trump can energize his.
    Last edited by smalishah84; 20-02-2019 at 10:27 PM.

I distinctly remember Trump telling a rally that he knew the 'unemployment numbers were cooked' because he was travelling the country talking in front of people who had given up looking for a job. Of course he then blamed immigrants/elites etc. etc. but the message obviously resonated with a group who felt left out by the movement offshore of manufacturing jobs. I don't think that message sells in 2020, unless of course Bernie has an appealing plan to tackle the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    I distinctly remember Trump telling a rally that he knew the 'unemployment numbers were cooked' because he was travelling the country talking in front of people who had given up looking for a job. Of course he then blamed immigrants/elites etc. etc. but the message obviously resonated with a group who felt left out by the movement offshore of manufacturing jobs. I don't think that message sells in 2020, unless of course Bernie has an appealing plan to tackle the problem.
    Of course Bernie doesn't have to sell the same message. There is a lot of concern about health care and for student loans. I am sure there are plenty of good campaign messaging in there that Bernie can exploit.

Student loans is a massive potential vote getter, a fair few of the people I talk to have that as their top priority

Student loans is such a tough issue to solve...

A lot of it has to do with some very clever price gouging by the education industry. I'm not sure how much of that is down to government policies or reduced funding.

Student loans is such a tough issue to solve...

A lot of it has to do with some very clever price gouging by the education industry. I'm not sure how much of that is down to government policies or reduced funding.
    Lots.... combined with the inducement of turning Universities into businesses rather than centres of education.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Thread Information