Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1550 of 1759 FirstFirst ... 550105014501500154015481549155015511552156016001650 ... LastLast
Results 23,236 to 23,250 of 26372
Like Tree10111Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    On a slightly more serious note, I wonder if being Facebook friends with Roger Stone got me added to any watchlists.
    Probably. Handy that CNN were there and able to capture his arrest though, what a stroke of luck.
    Prince EWS and Ausage like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    On a slightly more serious note, I wonder if being Facebook friends with Roger Stone got me added to any watchlists.
    I wouldn’t worry. Their primary use is to say “Yes, they were on a watch list” after someone does something bad.
    Prince EWS, vcs and Bijed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    I wouldn’t worry. Their primary use is to say “Yes, they were on a watch list” after someone does something bad.
    Haha, sounds about right. I was probably already on one anyway. "Hey lets create a watchlist of tax protesters in case someone goes Full McVeigh" does not seem like a particularly unlikely conversation starter, particularly in light of the above.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I’ve thought for ages that the idea of losing face in politics is an overblown construct resulting from politicians’ huge egos interacting with the media’s need for stories in which powerful figures are humiliated.

But it still takes me by surprise how little it matters. We’ve had weeks of ‘Trump has no escape! If he backed down he would LOSE FACE!’ Then he backs down and we all realise nothing of any consequence will actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I’ve thought for ages that the idea of losing face in politics is an overblown construct resulting from politicians’ huge egos interacting with the media’s need for stories in which powerful figures are humiliated.

But it still takes me by surprise how little it matters. We’ve had weeks of ‘Trump has no escape! If he backed down he would LOSE FACE!’ Then he backs down and we all realise nothing of any consequence will actually happen.
    i think it matters more to trump because it's not so much that he loses face but that parts of his base trust him less but yeah it's basically a 24hr news media cycle construct
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

He can go to the base saying he tried. That’s enough to satisfy them I think. Short of calling a national emergency it’s beyond his control.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Probably. Handy that CNN were there and able to capture his arrest though, what a stroke of luck.
    i just saw this video. jesus ****ing christ american policing is dystopian and nightmarish.

which everyone with a brain already knew, of course, but it's still jarring to be reminded

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Did Michaelia Cash tip them off?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????????????????????????

?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Wtaf

I've encountered this before with Cernovich. Christian conservatives and Christian classical liberalis will often argue that Christian foundations allow societies to build towards liberalism and away from autocratic rulers, while Islamic foundations tend towards the opposite. I don't agree with this, but Cernovich does, and has not long ago arrived at the absolutely hot take that this is an argument in favour of Islamic societies. It's like he's double-wrong.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 28-01-2019 at 12:03 AM.

I've encountered this before with Cernovich. Christian conservatives and Christian classical liberalis will often argue that a Christian foundations allow societies to build towards liberalism and away from autocratic rulers, while Islamic foundations tend towards the opposite. I don't agree with this, but Cernovich does, and has not long ago arrived at the absolutely hot take that this is an argument in favour of Islamic societies. It's like he's double-wrong.
    I don't know how you have the stomach to actually sit through these people's point of view.

I mean, I read through like one direct quote and it's enough to know the guy is a complete moron
    vcs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

I've encountered this before with Cernovich. Christian conservatives and Christian classical liberalis will often argue that Christian foundations allow societies to build towards liberalism and away from autocratic rulers, while Islamic foundations tend towards the opposite. I don't agree with this, but Cernovich does, and has not long ago arrived at the absolutely hot take that this is an argument in favour of Islamic societies. It's like he's double-wrong.
    I've seen very certain paleocons and very very very extreme right-wing people argue for this -- the sort of people who thought that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem aligning with the Nazis during WW2 was a point in his favour, which I guess indicates what the core motivations are here.
    Last edited by Spark; 28-01-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I've seen very certain paleocons and very very very extreme right-wing people (Nazis basically) argue for this, but from Cernovich it sounds extremely weird.
    Cernovich definitely took too many black pills a few months ago. "Certain paleocons" essentially includes him now. I give it six months before he's doing the #whitesharianow tag in half his posts.

Jfc that's a terrible take.

Cernovich's that is.
    Last edited by Ausage; 28-01-2019 at 12:48 AM.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Thread Information