Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1484 of 1912 FirstFirst ... 48498413841434147414821483148414851486149415341584 ... LastLast
Results 22,246 to 22,260 of 28666
Like Tree10877Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    It was never really going to matter, the nature of the bipartisan **** politics that America has become (and probably always was to a greater/lesser degree) was always going to decide this vote. Poor optics for 6 months (win/lose congress etc or not) was never going to overcome the ability to create a highly conservative very right leaning Supreme Court bench for the next 20+ years.
    They could rush through another conservative Justice pretty easily tbf. This is about... something else. I'm not sure what?
    Ausage and Niall like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    They could rush through another conservative Justice pretty easily tbf. This is about... something else. I'm not sure what?
    The evangelical base wants him as they hope he play a role in over throwing Roe v Wade. They are pretty much the only base that is keeping the Republicans alive.

Trump has the notion that he will save him if **** hits the fan as has been debated for ages now
    . Then you have the likes of the Koch brothers and the Bush element of the party who are big fans and you can somewhat see this is a hill they are willing to die on. The Trumpers are on board because for a less sophisticated explanation he triggers the libs.

It’s a very brave Republican who turns around to all these groups and Mc Connell and says no.

I personally would have said take the short term loss was in cutting him loose as even if confirmed that’s going to be a seriously motivated Dem base when it comes to November. There is also a chance other allegations may come out which would make it look even worse than those who understandably feel he has not cleared his name.

Barrett would be the obvious choice, female so no me too issues, hard-core Christian and I think all various bases of the Republican Party would love her, might be a tough one with Collins, but Mitch would get it done.

Think a few Dems in Trumpy states would have probably voted Barrett also so not even sure Mitch was right about the numbers. You would also have the spectacle of having some of the more partisan and extreme elements of left wing media hammering her for devout faith which would have really rallied the base.

Oh well, Mitch is a multi millionaire and I am on a cricket message board talking shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    No ways they get a chance to go for somebody else between now and Nov; and we are not just talking central right leaning conservative judge. He is very right anti-environment, big corporation fan. Nevermind the whole 'Wade vs Roe' issue. It is not often that a single US government gets to appoint 2 supreme court justices while controlling the house and senate.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Something afoot with Jeff Flake apparently. Could be interesting.
    Niall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Mc Connell will have a word, Flake always bottles these scenarios.

I call it the Rand Paul syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Mc Connell will have a word, Flake always bottles these scenarios.

I call it the Rand Paul syndrome.
    nothing afoot with jeff flake, he is still a "yes"...just a token call for an fbi investigation which will of course be ignored and will have no impact on the confirmation...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    nothing afoot with jeff flake, he is still a "yes"...just a token call for an fbi investigation which will of course be ignored and will have no impact on the confirmation...
    But expect a few mean tweets about Trump after it next week which is Flake in a nutshell.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Speaking of Roe v Wade, what an utter abortion that was. The day DC should have died of shame tbh.

I actually found both the Dr and the Judge credible, but of course this never should have been played out this way.

No winners here, just filthy immoral politics at it's very worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Speaking of Roe v Wade, what an utter abortion that was. The day DC should have died of shame tbh.

I actually found both the Dr and the Judge credible, but of course this never should have been played out this way.

No winners here, just filthy immoral politics at it's very worst.
    It wont be a week either as the Dems will try to drag it out. Its cynical, but I suppose when you are dealing with Mc Connell its the only way to go these days.

Are all these think progress people basically just the left wing version of Owens and her incredibly smarmy boyfriend?

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/statu...40430229409793

Millhiser is such a hack. Can't stand him.

EDIT: Should say though that he isn't the equivalent of Owens et al, the Krassenstein brothers fill that spot well. Or Eric Garland.
    Last edited by Spark; 28-09-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Well that's a turn-up for the books.

Assuming Christopher Wray will have to do it.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    #RememberGarland

As much as I want Kavanaugh to not be on the supreme court - this won't go anywhere. As others have mentioned, what could the FBI possibly say at this point, 36 years later? It's going to be one guy and a few of his friends and their word against the woman's. That's essentially what the report is going to say.

This won't change a thing, and I'm sure he'll be confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    #RememberGarland

As much as I want Kavanaugh to not be on the supreme court - this won't go anywhere. As others have mentioned, what could the FBI possibly say at this point, 36 years later? It's going to be one guy and a few of his friends and their word against the woman's. That's essentially what the report is going to say.

This won't change a thing, and I'm sure he'll be confirmed.
    I thinks the plan with the moderate republicans is next week they say, "we had an investigation, what more can we do? " and then vote yes.

However its reliant on no more people coming forward and accusing Kav and the Dem media have already started the attack line "it needs more than a week to investigate this" which will resonate with a lot of people whether the GOP will like it or not.

Thread Information