cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1409 of 1491 FirstFirst ... 4099091309135913991407140814091410141114191459 ... LastLast
Results 21,121 to 21,135 of 22359
Like Tree8954Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I too was a little surprised how high the number was. I believe its about 70% for black people. However it isn't too low for other races. If I recall correctly its 50% or above for whites and hispanics as well. So I am not sure how much of the difference it does explain.
    The numbers I saw were 42% hispanic and 25% non hispanic white.

Link.
    Ikki likes this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Notwithstanding those statistics, it's a hell of a shift of the goalposts that we're suddenly talking about this when Uppercut was talking about housing.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Okay but literally no one votes for the Green Party because of the Green Party platform. People who want to actually go left of the Dem party on substantive policy grounds (as opposed to social status grounds i.e. too many poor and brown people in the Dem party but gotta keeps those progressive ~credentials~) these days are DSA members (although there's an argument to be made that there's a heavy overlap and even quite a bit of influence within the left factions of the Dem party and the DSA - indeed, DSA members have run and won as Dems. And in presidential elections they tend to endorse Dems with heavy, heavy caveats)

As for BLM, well, he did say no one outside of college kids.
    On this, two incumbent Dem state senators in PA were just rolled by DSA members in their primaries.

the krassenstein brothers, how the hell are these two twits so popular on twitter? A little part of me dies when someone I lie retweets them. Not sure what thee right wing version would be,,,,maybe that PJW berk?

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    the krassenstein brothers, how the hell are these two twits so popular on twitter? A little part of me dies when someone I lie retweets them. Not sure what thee right wing version would be,,,,maybe that PJW berk?
    Nah I very much see the Krassenstein brothers as the """progressive""" versions of Kirk/Owens/Lahren. Very good at saying clickbait-y, troll-y soundbites which collect tons of retweets, not good at actually saying anything... well, intelligent, or substantive. Perhaps by design, because the other thing they are all good at is making huge amounts of money having coming out of nowhere until recently. PJW actually has an ideology that he sticks to.
    Niall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    The numbers I saw were 42% hispanic and 25% non hispanic white.

Link.
    I stand corrected
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

https://usa.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/...-is-in-charge/

It’s working. Mattis, until recently effectively the deputy president, could be out by years’ end, according to two sources familiar with the matter. War with Iran is now “very” possible, according to a former senior administration official.

Thomas Wright’s dazzling piece in Politico on the power struggle between Bolton and his erstwhile ally, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, portrays Bolton as a knife-fighter with an “obsession with law at the expense of strategy.” This is Bolton’s last rodeo; his opportunity to settle all scores.

Victor Cha, the scuttled ambassador to South Korea, said at an event at the W Hotel in Washington last month that Pompeo has been given “the North Korea portfolio” while Bolton has been given the Middle East and Russia. He didn’t even mention Mattis.

Wright notes that many of Bolton’s prerogatives are “are insignificant relative to the bigger geopolitical dramas unfolding in the world: how Europe will be organized after the Cold War, how to handle the rise of China, the struggle between Iran and Sunni Arab states in the Middle East” and that these are “all questions that are alien to Bolton the lawyer.”

It might not matter. Bolton, not Wright, not Cha, and perhaps not even Mattis, is in power. Bolton is an avowed evangelist of regime change in Iran. He has made clear repeatedly that he is an advisor to the president – not the president. Donald Trump is the decision maker. But so far, Bolton has mostly gotten his way, and with startling speed. Given the opportunity, he would advise the president to push over the last domino – the “prize” as top neoconservative organizer Bill Kristol once termed it – Tehran.
    this is fine

Iran has always been the dream for so many of the neo cons sadly and with such a weak willed President and war mongering mental like Bolton in charge added with the Saudis and an emboldened Israel yeah **** will hit the fan very soon.

EDIT...Clinton iirc was wild to deal with Iran similarly back in the day, but she would have gritted her teeth and ignored Iran during her tenure, would break her heart though
    Last edited by Niall; 17-05-2018 at 05:45 AM.
    Prince EWS likes this.

Would cop to being surprised if the Iran War actually happened during this presidency.
    Ausage likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

prophecies of an iran war would materialize about as much as Trump's impeachment in his first year in office

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Having pulled out of the deal, an Iran war seems more consistent with the warped neocon worldview to me than no Iran war. No Iran war means idly watching Iran openly develop nuclear weapons, which is a Key Strategic American Interest that they must Credibly Commit to Preventing Through Force.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 17-05-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    Prince EWS and Flem274* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    prophecies of an iran war would materialize about as much as Trump's impeachment in his first year in office
    I like betting, but even I might have to say no to betting on any sort of war, but if I were such a horrid man, well brave call to back against John Bolton.
    Last edited by Niall; 17-05-2018 at 10:54 AM.

I think Trump managed to fluke his way into getting the media to defend MS 13, not bad I suppose

This is a good article that has validity in other parts of the anglo world too - it certainly captures a lot from the world I live in. A good counterpoint to the defensive and conceited narrative about the 'meritocratic' class.
    The 9.9 Percent Is the New American Aristocracy
    Last edited by straw man; 17-05-2018 at 08:34 PM.

So the Texas Lt Gov has the solution to kids being shot in schools: have the kids die in fires instead.

Thread Information