Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1117 of 2048 FirstFirst ... 117617101710671107111511161117111811191127116712171617 ... LastLast
Results 16,741 to 16,755 of 30714
Like Tree11896Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    ok this one I legit cannot explain
    Ok. So if you click on the wrong thread and post something in reply to another thread, then that's what happens.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    hendrix, morgieb, Burgey and 3 others like this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

He's going to lose his **** publicly in a massive way if this keeps up, isn't he? Will be a massive rant of ridiculous proportions.

Are there any legs to the story that he cancelled a trip to Masada because they wouldn't let him land his chopper on the site itself and said he'd have to land at the bottom and catch the cable car to the top like everyone else does?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    hey Roger Ailes died.
    Well that's something, at least.

He made our country nastier, stupider, cruder, and more bigoted.
    Slate

"No politician in history has ever been treated worse" - Trump

Shri likes this.

On one level all of this intense scrutiny of Trump's many wrongdoings and slip-ups is quite a relief. His presidency was always going to be a special kind of awful, it was just a question of what flavour of awful; this currently is an awful with less substance than might have been feared, as he's constantly on the defensive and distracted. A presidency so far marked by incompetence rather than effective malice.

That's not to say that incompetence can't cause enormous problems - it can, especially in foreign policy. And any cornered animal becomes more desperate and dangerous. All it would take though is one serious terrorist attack and the GOP/Fox/Infowars axis will push the with-us-or-against-us patriotism angle so hard, accuse everyone critical of Trump of being cowards and traitors, and the focus will be off Trump's many internal and Russia problems.

Still, they've been mired in this Russia stuff for maybe 50 days and that's a minor positive. There's a lot more counting down to do - howlonguntiltrumpleaves.com says 1342 more days.

I feel like the chaos that's been his administration so far can be explained by his complete and utter inexperience in politics. In hindsight it's inconceivable that it could have started in any other fashion. Running a tight administration (one that doesn't leak every 5 seconds, can hold coherent positions on various issues and implements workable policy) is hard enough for a politician with a lifetime of experience in the public service, Trump has never shown signs he was interested in working with the political class so it shouldn't be a surprise that they're not willing to work with him. Throw in a uniquely hostile media environment and you have an administration that couldn't organise a good time in a house of pleasure.

If Trump wasn't so pig headed I'd say there was a chance he could learn from his mistakes and turn it around. Doesn't seem particularly likely at this stage though.
    Spark, Shady Slim, Ikki and 1 others like this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    The ceremony occurred in the Blue Room of the White House, where many senior law enforcement officials — including the Secret Service director — had gathered. Mr. Comey — who is 6 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing a dark blue suit that day – told Mr. Wittes that he tried to blend in with the blue curtains in the back of the room, in the hopes that Mr. Trump would not spot him and call him out.

“He thought he had gotten through and not been noticed or singled out and that he was going to get away without an individual interaction,” Mr. Wittes said Mr. Comey told him.
    This could be a Parks and Rec scene.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 18-05-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I feel like the chaos that's been his administration so far can be explained by his complete and utter inexperience in politics. In hindsight it's inconceivable that it could have started in any other fashion. Running a tight administration (one that doesn't leak every 5 seconds, can hold coherent positions on various issues and implements workable policy) is hard enough for a politician with a lifetime of experience in the public service, Trump has never shown signs he was interested in working with the political class so it shouldn't be a surprise that they're not willing to work with him. Throw in a uniquely hostile media environment and you have an administration that couldn't organise a good time in a house of pleasure.

If Trump wasn't so pig headed I'd say there was a chance he could learn from his mistakes and turn it around. Doesn't seem particularly likely at this stage though.
    To me it's more of an attitudinal thing. He has the demeanor of someone who utterly and completely believes cheap motivational speaker rhetoric.

This is not hate. "Never Give Up!" and "I'm a Winner" and "Mistakes Are Just Opportunities to Learn!" are valuable tools to use in many situations. Just not all situations. Some situations require a bit more thought, a bit more consultation, and a bit more openness.

You couldn't have doctors going through years and years of medical training while listening to a DJ Khaled song.
    vcs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Banned
    Most days of the week I log onto 'Real Clear Politics' and read a selection of articles from both the Left and Right side of politics. Especially the Washington Post.

And I am willing to say at this stage that if prosecutor Robert Mueller finds anything close to impeachable then I am willing resign from Cricketweb. Never in my life have I seen or read such a bunch of horse-**** as the American msm. It is truly atrocious and a prime reason that American society is so damn schizo.

The irony is that that the Trump administration has done more to frustrate Putin's foreign policy in 4 months than Obama did in 8 whole years.
    Last edited by watson; 19-05-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Most days of the week I log onto 'Real Clear Politics' and read a selection of articles from both the Left and Right side of politics. Especially the Washington Post.

And I am willing to say at this stage that if prosecutor Robert Mueller finds anything close to impeachable then I am willing resign from Cricketweb. Never in my life have I seen or read such a bunch of horse-**** as the American msm. It is truly atrocious and a prime reason that American society is so damn schizo.

The irony is that that the Trump administration has done more to frustrate Putin's foreign policy in 4 months than Obama did in 8 whole years.
    Why do people keep offering to resign from forums if they're proven wrong. FFS no, engage with the people you talk with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    What I've read about Mueller suggests he's basically this guy:

Was made FBI director the week before Sept 11. Rough gig.
    straw man and NZTailender like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Why do people keep offering to resign from forums if they're proven wrong. FFS no, engage with the people you talk with.
    Zip it ffs.
    vcs, Anil and NZTailender like this.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    hey Roger Ailes died.
    Man, the Murdoch sons would be spewing. The golden handshake and then carks it a few months later?!
    Shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Zip it ffs.
    exactly...

Thread Information