Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1064 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 6456496410141054106210631064106510661074111411641564 ... LastLast
Results 15,946 to 15,960 of 26081
Like Tree10023Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

  1. #15946
    Hall of Fame Member Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Don't leave me Murph!
    Posts
    15,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    That was a hypothetical, as the "say" suggests.
    Yeah, but the hypothetical is being used to normalise the media hysteria on what Trump does in every single regard or ridiculous tweet. Your post/reasoning after Ausage's is what a lot of people use to justify their strong opposition towards Trump.

    The best thing you can do is be skeptical on both sides. Entertaining a narrative because of a slight risk that something could be afoot isn't healthy. And it wasn't done with Trump's predecessors and there is no reason to start with Trump either. That people think they are justified to single out Trump just shows what a failure the MSM has been.
    ★★★★★

  2. #15947
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Yeah, but the hypothetical is being used to normalise the media hysteria on what Trump does in every single regard or ridiculous tweet. Your post/reasoning after Ausage's is what a lot of people use to justify their strong opposition towards Trump.
    .
    The tweets are completely unpresidented (to quote trump and make a pun ). And as you say they are ridiculous. They sow confusion and controversy. The media hysteria on tweets is generally one of the few things you can criticize the media on.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  3. #15948
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,491


    Gonna go out on a limb and say that trying to pass this thing is not politically wise.
    indiaholic likes this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

  4. #15949
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    The tweets are completely unpresidented (to quote trump and make a pun ). And as you say they are ridiculous. They sow confusion and controversy. The media hysteria on tweets is generally one of the few things you can criticize the media on.
    Controversy yes, confusion definitely not.

    Actually, nearly all of Trump's Tweets are about as straightforward and plain as you can be in a single sentence or two.


  5. #15950
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post


    Gonna go out on a limb and say that trying to pass this thing is not politically wise.
    I thought that this was interesting as it's not everyday that you see a policy maker from the opposition help dismantle their own handy-work.


    Ezekiel Emanuel, an ACA architect, is now advising Trump as GOP works to level the law

    When bioethicist and oncologist Ezekiel Emanuel met with President Donald Trump at the White House on Monday, the session revealed publicly what has been happening privately for months: A trusted ally of former President Barack Obama and chief architect of the Affordable Care Act is trying to help steer how Republicans take it apart.

    With the administration and GOP leaders in Congress working to rewrite the landmark 2010 law - and Democrats displaying little appetite for negotiating with them - Emanuel appears to be one of the only members of his party with a seat at the table.

    Monday's meeting was Emanuel's third in-person conversation on health policy with Trump since the November election. According to one person familiar with the session, who spoke on condition of anonymity about the private discussion, it took place in the Oval Office and lasted about 40 minutes. Among the others also attending were Vice President Pence, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, the president's son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, and the White House National Economic Council director, Gary Cohn.

    Details of the conversation were not immediately available. But White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirmed the meeting took place - only days before Ryan hopes to bring the bill to a House vote......

    Ezekiel Emanuel, an ACA architect, is now advising Trump as GOP works to level the law - Chicago Tribune

  6. #15951
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    18,121
    Without reading on it, my first guess would be he is a man trying to make sure that he helps Ryan & Co. bungle this thing in the least bad way possible, given what they want.
    hendrix likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  7. #15952
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,503
    Last edited by Anil; 23-03-2017 at 04:26 PM.

  8. #15953
    International Coach straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    11,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    There is no proof and the investigation is based on their wire-tapping of Trump's associates in their contact with the Russians (which in itself is not illegal). And even on those grounds they've still found nothing, as Clapper himself admitted. The real issue is over whether NSA/FBI/CIA, etc, were wiretapping those guys illegally or whether they got caught up while they were using surveillance on the Russian actors - which is a grey area of legality. The worst you could say about the ordeal is that it has been leaked (not a good look for the intelligence agencies) that they talked to the Russians and weren't honest about it, there's no proof yet that anything that threatens national security was happening. They had been using surveillance against them since late July last year. If there was anything, we'd know about it. We've now gone 2 months with nothing but innuendo.

    Trump hasn't wasted anyone's time with it. The Ds/media are being hysterical over the accusation because there is no direct evidence Obama wiretapped Trump. But the suggestion Obama knew nothing about it is incredulous. In fact, I've read there are provisions where Obama doesn't even need to go to FISA to initiate surveillance. In the real world where people are more worried about the abuse of powers rather than partisan politics, it is pretty obvious that someone like Obama, especially because of his animosity with Trump (who was running for President) was in the purvey of Obama. The wikileaks not short afterwards opened people's eyes towards the real rabbit hole.
    Amazing that, even when you're writing these right next to each other, you can't see the totally different rules you're applying. I mean 'nothing but innuendo' describes perfectly the 'wire tapp' accusation which Trump got straight from watching Fox News. Never offers a shred of evidence but somehow the onus is on Democrats to disprove this thought-bubble.

    Contrast to an actual FBI investigation on the Russia meetings where it's a fact that several staff have hidden their involvement and been found out. I'm not a believer in 'where there's smoke there's fire' (see ten million smoke-filled allegations against Hillary Clinton) so I'm not going to automatically assume the Trump team were actually colluding with Russia, however owing to the covering-up going on it's already demonstrably a 'something', not a nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Trump hasn't lied as much or as blatantly as the media or the Ds, yet they're still getting the benefit of the doubt from people in this thread.


    He lies as he breathes air, and before you say that just makes him a normal politician, no it does not, there's an order of magnitude difference. The man literally has no relation to the truth, it doesn't appear in his universe. I mean just look at this, just a never-ending stream of convenient things he's made up, usually on the spot:

    President Trump’s cascade of false claims in Time’s interview on his falsehoods
    indiaholic and wpdavid like this.

  9. #15954
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,491
    Incidentally, this story about that guy driving all the NYC to stalk black people and kill them with a sword is mega-****ing-disturbing.

    Also, re: wikileaks



    Most (maybe all) of what they publish is credible in the sense that it's not forged. Most of what they say is unmitigated GRU bullshit, and often not actually representative of what they publish (they claimed all sorts of **** about the CIA documents they leaked the other week, for example, which turned out to be highly exaggerated at best)
    Last edited by Spark; 23-03-2017 at 07:58 PM.

  10. #15955
    International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,343
    Are Liberals on the Wrong Side of History? - The New Yorker

    Beneath all the anti-liberal rhetoric is an unquestioned insistence: that the way in which our societies seem to have gone wrong is evidence of a fatal flaw somewhere in the systems we’ve inherited. This is so quickly agreed on and so widely accepted that it seems perverse to dispute it. But do causes and effects work quite so neatly, or do we search for a cause because the effect is upon us? We can make a false idol of causality. Looking at the rise of Trump, the fall of Europe, one sees a handful of contingencies that, arriving in a slightly different way, would have broken a very different pane.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

  11. #15956
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40,020
    Hahahahahaha.


    This is the beautiful legacy of Obama. You can rally against it all you want and focus on xenophobia and racism but the policies work. And they're a ducking bitch to repeal because they work and people will notice if they stop.

    Love it!! Now just relax and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  12. #15957
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,503
    now that it has failed, it is all paul ryan's bill according to trump loyalists...and trump himself is trying to dump blame on "disloyal" republicans and democrats...
    Last edited by Anil; 24-03-2017 at 07:19 PM.

  13. #15958
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,503
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Hahahahahaha.


    This is the beautiful legacy of Obama. You can rally against it all you want and focus on xenophobia and racism but the policies work. And they're a ducking bitch to repeal because they work and people will notice if they stop.

    Love it!! Now just relax and wait.
    the sheer cynicism of playing to the young voter base while ignoring the poor and the elderly was quite appalling though completely unsurprising...especially the elderly the majority of who actually voted for their party...

  14. #15959
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    33,016
    Hahahaha this is hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

  15. #15960
    Hall of Fame Member harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    18,121
    Good riddance etc.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The British Politics Thread
    By cover drive man in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 16246
    Last Post: Today, 03:33 AM
  2. Media
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
  3. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Magrat Garlick in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Finally ! A Last Word Thread
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •