Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1055 of 1709 FirstFirst ... 5555595510051045105310541055105610571065110511551555 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,825 of 25626
Like Tree9871Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

[Posts an hour long video which summarises everyone who supports my own view on this issue, cites it as empirical fact].
    Waits for Burgey's hour long pro-nazi video to be posted.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Very little gets posted in any political discussion that shatters anyone's preconceptions. Most of the content is either ignored or reinforces them.
    Not true in my experience. Most people have a few core issues they're passionate and sometimes informed about (well they always have some kind of source material anyway) but a lot of things they're not so informed about that they'd like to learn more of.

While the 2-3 central debaters in a political discussion might not radically shift their views (and that's to be expected), the silent readers or side commenters might take a lot from following it.
    Mike5181 and Ikki like this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    For whatever reason, I tend to find that people making a video find it easier to get away with hideously sloppy reasoning and still garner an audience in ways that people writing 2500-word articles do not, at least not whilst getting reward with a juicy public hit-count.
    It'd be presentation wouldn't it? A great speaker, even through video, can capture the viewer in a ten minute yarn with their charisma and conviction that a long essay just can't convey.

Oh look what a scoop, Trump is finally FINISHED.

Oh wait it's nothing, bravo MSNBC.
    Zinzan likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Very little gets posted in any political discussion that shatters anyone's preconceptions. Most of the content is either ignored or reinforces them.
    Well something has happened to Western societies in the last 12 months because what we have seen is a radical realigning of politics. You could say that the prevailing political zeitgeist has been shattered, and there is now no going back.

Whether the Left likes it or not there is now a significant percentage of the voting population who have rejected Globalism and instead embraced Nativism. Local culture and all that it entails is now the driving force behind politics.

The rapidity of change has to be due to the overall effect of the internet - forums, chatrooms, etc. Because it certainly wasn't driven by the msm. Although the actual initiation of the change was due to millions of people waking-up and deciding that they no longer liked living in their local community and/or country anymore.
    Last edited by watson; 15-03-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    It'd be presentation wouldn't it? A great speaker, even through video, can capture the viewer in a ten minute yarn with their charisma and conviction that a long essay just can't convey.
    Yeah exactly. And this isn't restricted to politics, I've seen personally how speakers in physics (for example) can make some extremely wooly and questionable stuff sound incredibly natural and logical by force of personality alone. This is possible to do with a well-written essay, of course, but in my experience it's much harder to pull off.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Yeah exactly. And this isn't restricted to politics, I've seen personally how speakers in physics (for example) can make some extremely wooly and questionable stuff sound incredibly natural and logical by force of personality alone. This is possible to do with a well-written essay, of course, but in my experience it's much harder to pull off.
    I think that getting information across in video is really important, that charisma can help convey important information... I just wish people would not use it as there only source of information and if they truly wanted to understand the topic realize a well written essay/discussion/argument (based on factually correct evidence) will give a far more nuanced approach and allow for better understanding.
    Ikki likes this.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    Oh look what a scoop, Trump is finally FINISHED.

Oh wait it's nothing, bravo MSNBC.
    Mainstream media hysteria about Trump? I refuse to believe you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stphndbsn View Post
    I think that getting information across in video is really important, that charisma can help convey important information... I just wish people would not use it as there only source of information and if they truly wanted to understand the topic realize a well written essay/discussion/argument (based on factually correct evidence) will give a far more nuanced approach and allow for better understanding.
    Politics is not about theory but about life itself.

If the voter is tired of living and doesn't like the society in which they live, then all the 'factually correct evidence' won't matter a stuff. He or she simply thinks to themselves "well this is ****, end of story".
    Last edited by watson; 15-03-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Honestly the tax return of 2005 feels like it was leaked by the Trump team. It's legitimately totally unremarkable. I'm realLy not one for conspiracy theories, but if anything ends up with Trump looking better it was that "leak".
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Once again the man is playing this game of chess in an extra dimension in which the lamestream media just can't access.

He just cannot stop winning, I'm already tired of it just as he said I would be.
    Ikki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Honestly the tax return of 2005 feels like it was leaked by the Trump team. It's legitimately totally unremarkable. I'm realLy not one for conspiracy theories, but if anything ends up with Trump looking better it was that "leak".
    Apparently the journalist who got the documents suspects this is what happened.

So obviously Trump's bait for mine, & no doubt one of his best years in terms of earnings, and the one he paid the most taxes on.

Makes it so much easier for him to downplay future requests to publish taxes after the audit now since he can claim the leak was a sample proving he paid his legal entitlement.

Funny how smug Rachel Maddow was though, as if she had something to take him down.
    hendrix likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    So obviously Trump's bait for mine, & no doubt one of his best years in terms of earnings, and the one he paid the most taxes on.

Makes it so much easier for him to downplay future requests to publish taxes after the audit now since he can claim the leak was a sample proving he paid his legal entitlement.

Funny how smug Rachel Maddow was though, as if she had something to take him down.
    Pretty much my thoughts on it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah has to be from someone sympathetic to Trump, if not necessarily directly connected. There's no way someone would leak this for anti-Trump purposes.

Thread Information