Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1055 of 1709 FirstFirst ... 5555595510051045105310541055105610571065110511551555 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,825 of 25626
Like Tree9871Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

  1. #15811
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

    [Posts an hour long video which summarises everyone who supports my own view on this issue, cites it as empirical fact].
    Waits for Burgey's hour long pro-nazi video to be posted.

  2. #15812
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Very little gets posted in any political discussion that shatters anyone's preconceptions. Most of the content is either ignored or reinforces them.
    Not true in my experience. Most people have a few core issues they're passionate and sometimes informed about (well they always have some kind of source material anyway) but a lot of things they're not so informed about that they'd like to learn more of.

    While the 2-3 central debaters in a political discussion might not radically shift their views (and that's to be expected), the silent readers or side commenters might take a lot from following it.
    Mike5181 and Ikki like this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  3. #15813
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    For whatever reason, I tend to find that people making a video find it easier to get away with hideously sloppy reasoning and still garner an audience in ways that people writing 2500-word articles do not, at least not whilst getting reward with a juicy public hit-count.
    It'd be presentation wouldn't it? A great speaker, even through video, can capture the viewer in a ten minute yarn with their charisma and conviction that a long essay just can't convey.

  4. #15814
    International Coach Gnske's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Coffs Harbour
    Posts
    10,930
    Oh look what a scoop, Trump is finally FINISHED.

    Oh wait it's nothing, bravo MSNBC.
    Zinzan likes this.


  5. #15815
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Very little gets posted in any political discussion that shatters anyone's preconceptions. Most of the content is either ignored or reinforces them.
    Well something has happened to Western societies in the last 12 months because what we have seen is a radical realigning of politics. You could say that the prevailing political zeitgeist has been shattered, and there is now no going back.

    Whether the Left likes it or not there is now a significant percentage of the voting population who have rejected Globalism and instead embraced Nativism. Local culture and all that it entails is now the driving force behind politics.

    The rapidity of change has to be due to the overall effect of the internet - forums, chatrooms, etc. Because it certainly wasn't driven by the msm. Although the actual initiation of the change was due to millions of people waking-up and deciding that they no longer liked living in their local community and/or country anymore.
    Last edited by watson; 15-03-2017 at 02:00 AM.

  6. #15816
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    It'd be presentation wouldn't it? A great speaker, even through video, can capture the viewer in a ten minute yarn with their charisma and conviction that a long essay just can't convey.
    Yeah exactly. And this isn't restricted to politics, I've seen personally how speakers in physics (for example) can make some extremely wooly and questionable stuff sound incredibly natural and logical by force of personality alone. This is possible to do with a well-written essay, of course, but in my experience it's much harder to pull off.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

  7. #15817
    International Coach StephenZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa / UK
    Posts
    10,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    It'd be presentation wouldn't it? A great speaker, even through video, can capture the viewer in a ten minute yarn with their charisma and conviction that a long essay just can't convey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah exactly. And this isn't restricted to politics, I've seen personally how speakers in physics (for example) can make some extremely wooly and questionable stuff sound incredibly natural and logical by force of personality alone. This is possible to do with a well-written essay, of course, but in my experience it's much harder to pull off.
    I think that getting information across in video is really important, that charisma can help convey important information... I just wish people would not use it as there only source of information and if they truly wanted to understand the topic realize a well written essay/discussion/argument (based on factually correct evidence) will give a far more nuanced approach and allow for better understanding.
    Ikki likes this.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

    "I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

  8. #15818
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    Oh look what a scoop, Trump is finally FINISHED.

    Oh wait it's nothing, bravo MSNBC.
    Mainstream media hysteria about Trump? I refuse to believe you.

  9. #15819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by stphndbsn View Post
    I think that getting information across in video is really important, that charisma can help convey important information... I just wish people would not use it as there only source of information and if they truly wanted to understand the topic realize a well written essay/discussion/argument (based on factually correct evidence) will give a far more nuanced approach and allow for better understanding.
    Politics is not about theory but about life itself.

    If the voter is tired of living and doesn't like the society in which they live, then all the 'factually correct evidence' won't matter a stuff. He or she simply thinks to themselves "well this is ****, end of story".
    Last edited by watson; 15-03-2017 at 03:06 AM.

  10. #15820
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,631
    Honestly the tax return of 2005 feels like it was leaked by the Trump team. It's legitimately totally unremarkable. I'm realLy not one for conspiracy theories, but if anything ends up with Trump looking better it was that "leak".
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  11. #15821
    International Coach Gnske's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Coffs Harbour
    Posts
    10,930
    Once again the man is playing this game of chess in an extra dimension in which the lamestream media just can't access.

    He just cannot stop winning, I'm already tired of it just as he said I would be.
    Ikki likes this.

  12. #15822
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Honestly the tax return of 2005 feels like it was leaked by the Trump team. It's legitimately totally unremarkable. I'm realLy not one for conspiracy theories, but if anything ends up with Trump looking better it was that "leak".
    Apparently the journalist who got the documents suspects this is what happened.

  13. #15823
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,958
    So obviously Trump's bait for mine, & no doubt one of his best years in terms of earnings, and the one he paid the most taxes on.

    Makes it so much easier for him to downplay future requests to publish taxes after the audit now since he can claim the leak was a sample proving he paid his legal entitlement.

    Funny how smug Rachel Maddow was though, as if she had something to take him down.
    hendrix likes this.

  14. #15824
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    So obviously Trump's bait for mine, & no doubt one of his best years in terms of earnings, and the one he paid the most taxes on.

    Makes it so much easier for him to downplay future requests to publish taxes after the audit now since he can claim the leak was a sample proving he paid his legal entitlement.

    Funny how smug Rachel Maddow was though, as if she had something to take him down.
    Pretty much my thoughts on it.

  15. #15825
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,892
    Yeah has to be from someone sympathetic to Trump, if not necessarily directly connected. There's no way someone would leak this for anti-Trump purposes.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The British Politics Thread
    By cover drive man in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 15687
    Last Post: Today, 07:43 AM
  2. Media
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
  3. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Magrat Garlick in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Finally ! A Last Word Thread
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •