Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1053 of 1700 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043105110521053105410551063110311531553 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,795 of 25490
Like Tree9839Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

Cricket Champion!
    I read most of the articles and videos people post.

These days the videos are easier to listen to because I tune in while I'm running my fat ass in the gym. The podcasts/videos I listen to tend to be more substantive than the articles.
    Last edited by Ikki; 14-03-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    ★★★★★

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I'll read your opinion, but I'm not watching a video of anything on here. Is anyone else though? It seems to be a reoccurring thing happening in this thread and very rarely does anyone actually comment on it.
    It's actually a really neat loophole for getting out of arguments:

1. Post video

2. Refer to video contents

3. Ask people "pfft you didn't even watch the video I posted" (often 30 mins plus)

4. Refuse to respond to any other arguments until video has been watched

5. Try and determine if the other person skipped any part so you can derisively say "HAHA YOU DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE WHOLE THING"

6. Declare yourself winner of the internet
    wellAlbidarned likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

So to recap the last few posts for anyone just tuning in to proceedings, liberals have no attention spans and feel really bad about it.

This is why Trump won.
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    So to recap the last few posts for anyone just tuning in to proceedings, liberals have no attention spans and feel really bad about it.

This is why Trump won.
    Non-stupid anti-Trump supporters (not all necessarily Liberals) could not be bothered to listen to stupid, ignorant videos, is more like it...
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    They serve different purposes though. The hour long video is useful if you're doing something on your computer that doesnt require your full attention. If you don't find yourself in that situation that often you'll get more out of the book I guess.

Whether you're interested in the content that gets posted here is another question.
    I tend to watch videos when I have 2 hours of ironing to do. I'd finished watching Westworld and Suits, and couldn't get into Mr Robot so I thought I'd give American politics a go. After all, it's a melodrama like Suits.

Anyway, found the two Aljazeerah documentaries, really enjoyed them so decided to put them on the American Politics thread. Admittedly, I disagreed with half the premises and all of the assumptions because they are chock full of the usual Left wing nonsense. But that still doesn't stop them being thought provoking first rate productions that some people might like.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about as everyone is free to read, watch, or ignore what they want to read, watch, or ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by stphndbsn View Post
    Non-stupid anti-Trump supporters (not all necessarily Liberals) could not be bothered to listen to stupid, ignorant videos, is more like it...
    At least Trump supporters can make it through a video longer than a Chris Gayle innings.

Make America(n Politics Thread) Great Again I say!

Cricket Champion!
    Videos are great when the discussion is dense. If I actually had to read all the information I can get from videos it would take me twice as long. It's also good for when you can directly go to the video/source the person is talking about re someone else instead of just a quotation in a long article which can be bastardised easier. Also, listening, as opposed to reading, doesn't require your undivided attention and you can focus on two things. I also find listening/watching better in terms of learning something.

Anyway, if you don't watch videos, why is that important? If you don't like it, don't watch it. At least be informed enough to know what the other side is saying when you are engaging in a discussion. I tend to post videos simply because I know a lot of people here clearly aren't doing that. I consume at least as much, if not more, left wing sources of news. You learn that there's a lot of delusion on all sides, people trying to manipulate a narrative into existence.
    Last edited by Ikki; 14-03-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    It's actually a really neat loophole for getting out of arguments:

1. Post video

2. Refer to video contents

3. Ask people "pfft you didn't even watch the video I posted" (often 30 mins plus)

4. Refuse to respond to any other arguments until video has been watched

5. Try and determine if the other person skipped any part so you can derisively say "HAHA YOU DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE WHOLE THING"

6. Declare yourself winner of the internet
    LOL. Or it could be something more like this........(ironically another video)

Ausage likes this.

Cricket Champion!
    From the Aggressive Progressive himself:

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    From the Aggressive Progressive himself:

Wow WTF that's the secret to the universe!?! And that part where 911 gets utterly debunked? Amazing.

I'm glad liberals will never get far enough through this video to see it.
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah I pretty much never watch the videos. Always either at work or on my phone in a public place with no headphones. Also watching stuff kinda bores me and I already have too many podcasts to get through in the time I have incomplete-attention work to do.

It does mean I'm missing something. I still have no idea who TYT are, ok I've only heard bad things but it'd be interesting to know what the message and audience is.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    at least you seem to know what TYT stands for. i haven't gotten bored enough to yet

im assuming it stands for Torture Your Toddler
    zorax likes this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

U19 Vice-Captain Munificent_Fool's Avatar
    The Young Turks are basically just "educated" liberals who take their ideological position far too seriously. The audience is, imo, the left version of an average Fox News subscriber, though slightly better educated and informed. Probably just as intellectually dishonest, mind you. They have some respectable positions but where their reactionary counter-parts are self-righteous, TYT and their fans betray signs of masochism and self-abnegation.

These comments refer merely to their social views. I wouldn't try to express their views on economics because frankly, they don't know anything about economics, imo.

Just another group espousing progressive views unconstrained by common sense.

The other main reason I tend not to watch videos in this thread, of course, is that there's really no guarantee that the guy in the posted video has the slightest clue what the **** he's talking about. TYT and their generalised hangers-on are a case in point. Well-intentioned; totally, totally, totally clueless.

For whatever reason, I tend to find that people making a video find it easier to get away with hideously sloppy reasoning and still garner an audience in ways that people writing 2500-word articles do not, at least not whilst getting reward with a juicy public hit-count.
    Last edited by Spark; 14-03-2017 at 08:08 AM.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah I pretty much never watch the videos. Always either at work or on my phone in a public place with no headphones. Also watching stuff kinda bores me and I already have too many podcasts to get through in the time I have incomplete-attention work to do.

It does mean I'm missing something. I still have no idea who TYT are, ok I've only heard bad things but it'd be interesting to know what the message and audience is.
    If someone posted up a 20 minute video in Cricket Chat to support a point they were making, I'd probably watch it, particularly if I was interested in the point and enjoyed the poster's overall take on cricket (even if I usually disagreed with it).

I don't tend to watch the political ones posted in here though unless they're a lot shorter than that. I'm not sure if that's because I primarily come here for cricket stuff and get my political fix elsewhere, or if it has something to do with the very nature of political discussions as opposed to cricket ones.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Thread Information