Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1052 of 1743 FirstFirst ... 5255295210021042105010511052105310541062110211521552 ... LastLast
Results 15,766 to 15,780 of 26137
Like Tree10052Likes

Thread: The American Politics thread

  1. #15766
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,773
    Does anyone even watch the youtube videos people post in here? Serious question. I'm happy to read an article but bugger off with all the videos
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  2. #15767
    International Coach Gnske's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Coffs Harbour
    Posts
    11,066
    I only read because reading is intelligent haha

  3. #15768
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Does anyone even watch the youtube videos people post in here? Serious question. I'm happy to read an article but bugger off with all the videos
    What do you have against YouTube videos?🙂

  4. #15769
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    What do you have against YouTube videos?��
    They killed my father.
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.


  5. #15770
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Does anyone even watch the youtube videos people post in here? Serious question. I'm happy to read an article but bugger off with all the videos
    I don't mind videos in principle. Trouble is I'm often at work where videos are no gos for obvious reasons. Videos without much in the way of description I'll usually avoid as well but if someone puts effort into explaining why the video being posted is interesting I'm more likely to give it a watch.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

    Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

    RIP Craig

  6. #15771
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Does anyone even watch the youtube videos people post in here? Serious question. I'm happy to read an article but bugger off with all the videos
    Four Youtube videos among copious pages of mostly unsubstantiated opinion. I think that you have your blinkers on.
    Last edited by watson; 13-03-2017 at 07:30 PM.

  7. #15772
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I don't mind videos in principle. Trouble is I'm often at work where videos are no gos for obvious reasons. Videos without much in the way of description I'll usually avoid as well but if someone puts effort into explaining why the video being posted is interesting I'm more likely to give it a watch.
    If it's obvious why it needs to be a video, then sure. But if it's just some bloke gobbing on for an hour, nah. Better things to do with my time and I can probably find an article (or, god forbid, a book) which covers the same topic more rigorously in more depth anyway.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

  8. #15773
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,773
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Four Youtube videos among copious pages of mostly unsubstantiated opinion. I think that you have your blinkers on.
    I'll read your opinion, but I'm not watching a video of anything on here. Is anyone else though? It seems to be a reoccurring thing happening in this thread and very rarely does anyone actually comment on it.

  9. #15774
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    If it's obvious why it needs to be a video, then sure. But if it's just some bloke gobbing on for an hour, nah. Better things to do with my time and I can probably find an article (or, god forbid, a book) which covers the same topic more rigorously in more depth anyway.
    They serve different purposes though. The hour long video is useful if you're doing something on your computer that doesnt require your full attention. If you don't find yourself in that situation that often you'll get more out of the book I guess.

    Whether you're interested in the content that gets posted here is another question.

  10. #15775
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    67,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I'll read your opinion, but I'm not watching a video of anything on here. Is anyone else though? It seems to be a reoccurring thing happening in this thread and very rarely does anyone actually comment on it.
    You've answered your own question.
    NZTailender and zorax like this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  11. #15776
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,200
    Its pretty standard with most message board forums though the frequency of links in a politics thread like this.

    I click on most and depending on how bored I am or interested, I do watch or at least have it in the background while I focus on other stuff.

  12. #15777
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    54,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    They serve different purposes though. The hour long video is useful if you're doing something on your computer that doesnt require your full attention. If you don't find yourself in that situation that often you'll get more out of the book I guess.

    Whether you're interested in the content that gets posted here is another question.
    Perhaps. I tend to drift off much, much easier listening to videos than reading things though (which is problem when you're trying to follow a lecture series, for example)

  13. #15778
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    They killed my father.
    tragic, now it makes sense...

  14. #15779
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Does anyone even watch the youtube videos people post in here? Serious question. I'm happy to read an article but bugger off with all the videos
    haha yesss

    though tbf when someone links to a source like the atlantic versus someone linking to their favourite internet ideologue it's obvious we'll all go for the article
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  15. #15780
    Cricketer Of The Year Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    8,675
    At least there's not a ton of the random snarky twitter posts around here.
    OverratedSanity likes this.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The British Politics Thread
    By cover drive man in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 16367
    Last Post: Today, 05:29 PM
  2. Media
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
  3. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Magrat Garlick in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Finally ! A Last Word Thread
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •